Inaki Williams

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
What the feck are United doing.

Why are they prioritizing getting an overpriced striker over our crucial needs of a midfielder or 2? Doesn’t make any sense.

...yes ideally you’d want them to replace Lukaku but we have a handful of attacking options still. We don’t have that for midfield outside of Paul. If he’s hurt, we’re toast.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Williams is very much a counter attacking player so could work well for you in away games but he isn't really a striker who troubles teams much when they put men behind the ball.

Very much needs space to run into, think Agbonlahor when he was at his peak a decade ago.

LuessiT

Isn't that how usually things work?
Not in this case. Bilbao can only sign players of basque ethnic so they will have very limited opportunities to replace him. Basicly you pay the release clause or you don't get the player. Wether he's worth it or not, he's worth it to Bilbao.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Seems believable to me.

Ole seems to be targeting extremely pacey fluid attackers and Williams fits the bill.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is quick, scores goals, can play as a forward and right-winger(!!!). No problem with the physical aspect of the game.

Why not? We need someone to spend the Lukaku money on.

izec

Hope we have done the work on this some time ago. If we decided that now spontaneously, Ed will feck it up, even if it is easier nowadays with buying from Athletic

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Bilbao also play a energetic pressing game which is also a box ticked.
The price is the only unbelievable thing.

Also surprised someone like Bailly out of Leverkusen has never been linked to my knowledge.

Eddy_JukeZ

He is quick, scores goals, can play as a forward and right-winger(!!!). No problem with the physical aspect of the game.

Why not? We need someone to spend the Lukaku money on.
Rather save the money for Sancho next season and not panic buy.

OverratedOpinion

Rashford is better, as is Lukaku.

Our best midfielder is looking for a move, we let our second best midfielder leave for free, Fred can't get in the team and Matic looks past it. I am a but perplexed as to why we are messing about trying to buy Inaki Williams for 80 million when the only actual centre midfielder we have been linked to all summer is a Newcastle player with about 8 first team starts.

reddevil702

From what I saw on youtube, he seems to play very similar to Rashford. Don't think anything will come out of this.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I doubt Sancho will be here next season if we don't perform this one. Him having a great season, while we still linger around 5-6th, isn't going to convince him of coming here.

We have a better chance with Inaki to achieve something this season, that should be what counts.

Wolff

Rashford is better, as is Lukaku.

Our best midfielder is looking for a move, we let our second best midfielder leave for free, Fred can't get in the team and Matic looks past it. I am a but perplexed as to why we are messing about trying to buy Inaki Williams for 80 million when the only actual centre midfielder we have been linked to all summer is a Newcastle player with about 8 first team starts.
And you typed all that up, with a moan. On what basis? Have anyone at the club come out with this? Not happening.. Not enogh time for a release clause buy, player is committed to his club and way overpriced. Relax fella!

OverratedOpinion

And you typed all that up, with a moan. On what basis? Have anyone at the club come out with this? Not happening.. Not enogh time for a release clause buy, player is committed to his club and way overpriced. Relax fella!
Apologies Wolf, our club is brilliantly run and our transfer targets this summer and for the last 6 years been completely sensible and proportionate to what the first team needs.

starman

Ridiculously quick and has a sweet right foot but never saw much more than that in him, maybe people who watch Spanish football regularly will have a better view of him. Also 80m, jeez...

3KDré

And Dybala no ??
Dybala he only really said that Juve wanted to swap him and Lukaku, he never said that the move 100% happening and Dybala had agreed all terms with us etc... the first part was proved to be true.

I think Di Marzio is pretty much spot on when it comes to anything italian- hit and miss for outside of Italy.

Robbie Boy

How has this reached four pages? It’s such a load of bollox. This isn’t happening.

RedDevilRoshi

Sancho isn’t a guarantee to happen next season, particularly if we don’t perform well this season.

It’s not a given he will join Utd. If he performs as good as he did last season with Dortmund and a solid campaign with England at the Euros, he will virtually have any pick of the clubs in Europe that he wants.

Foxbatt

We need a midfield player and Woodwad is fannying around. It is only a show for the fans to show that he tried but nothing worked out. FFS just get any decent midfield player that is better than Mata, Fred and Matic. Plenty around in fact.

Mark Pawelek

Chong is a kid. You’re confusing currently ability with potential ability.
Williams is at his peak and scored only 13 league goals last season; the only season he ever scored more than 10. Moving to a new league, there's no guarantee he'll ever manage more than 10 again. Paying more than £40m for a striker who doesn't hit the net is a bad idea. Paying £85m for him is suicide. He's fast. That about sums him up. He started in 36 league games. Averages 2 shots per game. So 13 out of 72 = 18% conversion. That's the best he gets.

Mark Pawelek

We need a midfield player and Woodwad is fannying around. It is only a show for the fans to show that he tried but nothing worked out. FFS just get any decent midfield player that is better than Mata, Fred and Matic. Plenty around in fact.
Almost nailed it. We need 2 midfielders. One defensive midfielder and another more all-rounder (like Fernandes)

fergosaurus

Looks like the interest is real if James Cooper mentioned it. He seems more an Everton level player. Would be mental to pay €88m for him and I doubt that can be negotiated any lower.

Shows great planning when we are trying to deal with notoriously difficult clubs (Spurs/Bilbao) this late in the window.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looks like the interest is real if James Cooper mentioned it. He seems more an Everton level player. Would be mental to pay €88m for him and I doubt that can be negotiated any lower.

Shows great planning when we are trying to deal with notoriously difficult clubs (Spurs/Bilbao) this late in the window.
Late in OUR window.

Vissy

I don't see what's special about this guy. As per WhoScored he's not a prolific dribbler (1.4 dribbles completed per a full 90 with a completion rate of around 50%), not particularly creative (0.8 key passes per full 90), not particularly involved in build-up play (18 average passes per full 90 with a 70% completion rate) and he's not even a prolific goalscorer, with only 2 shots per game (though 1.4 of them from within the penalty box). And he's 25 years old so you'd expect him to be entering his prime by now. Aside from his speed, he's bang average. Rashford is literally better than him.

Bestofthebest

Ed would be better off blowing the Lukaku money on Longstaff than this guy. Just another speed merchant who can't score and we already have that in Martial.

Jimmy_Bond

https://eldesmarque.com/bizkaia/ath...ad-absoluta-en-el-athletic-con-inaki-williams

This is all in Spanish, but comes from the local press in Bilbao.

It says that Bilbao have received absolutely no contact whatsoever from United nor any signal that they are going to pay his clause. It says that the player's representatives don't know anything about United's interest, and that sources close to United in England say there is nothing in the story.

Eddy_JukeZ

It would be insane.

I don't think Bilbao have ever sold a player for a value less than the release clause.

This is just absurd.

Andersonson

No hes not that good he's not even as good as Chong is now . I've been to see Bilbao a dozen or so times the past 5 years I have a close friend who is from the Basque Country .
They laugh everytime asking me when United will come take Williams from them for these mad fees being quoted.
He is bang average and would be ate alive in the PL .
I don't think United will sign him but if we did I'd be amazed if he does anything apart from be average .

Just my opinion
You either havent watched Williams or Chong... Bizarre to say Chong is better... Like crazy.

But that being said, Williams aint good enough. Poor in front of goal

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yes, they have the rest of the month for a replacement but do you think they're going to lower the price for us in the next few hours? Not happening.
Not lower, but up for negation. Not bilbao or spurs though, you’re right.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
James Cooper: Reports that United will sign Inaki Williams are wide of the mark. Could sign Mandzukic but it looks unlikely at this stage.

Tel074

Chong is a kid. You’re confusing currently ability with potential ability.
No I'm trying to tell you all that Williams is no where near United's level that's what I'm trying to tell you . Like Chong isn't ready for 1st team action this guy isn't either
You either havent watched Williams or Chong... Bizarre to say Chong is better... Like crazy.

But that being said, Williams aint good enough. Poor in front of goal

I'm making a point that Williams is absolutely no where near United standard. If you read my earlier posts ud see I've been to Bilbao on numerous occasions so I have seen plenty of Williams . The People in Bilbao are already laughing praying this is true because they also know Williams is a 20 million footballer .
He woould improve us as much as Chong would that's my point and because Chong already knows the club and English game imo I'd rather have Chong

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dutch press running the story that United are willing to match the 88 million euro buy out clause.

Sounds like rubbish.

swred

I must admit, other than YT i don't know anything about this guy, he looks proper fast, however, i can't see this suddenly come out of nowhere & to pay his release clause on the closing day of the transfer window.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What the feck are United doing.

Why are they prioritizing getting an overpriced striker over our crucial needs of a midfielder or 2? Doesn’t make any sense.

...yes ideally you’d want them to replace Lukaku but we have a handful of attacking options still. We don’t have that for midfield outside of Paul. If he’s hurt, we’re toast.
What the feck are we doing?

Believing every rumour.

Some of you need to save some energy.