India politics thread

Suv666

They combined in 2019 and got destroyed. Since then Mayawati has complete receded from frontline politics. Even in Hathras she wasn't visible - Rahul, Priyanka, and Chandrashekhar Azad (whom she hates) were. (Of course Akhilesh also didn't turn up).
In 2019 NDA got 52% and gatbandhan got 39%. Some of that lead will go because Modi is not on the ballot directly this time, but that's a very comfortable margin. Plus there has been progress on the Mandir.
I think the circumstances have changed a bit from the last election. The CAA bill will surely make Muslims come out in record numbers to vote against the BJP. The underprivileged castes largely voted for BJP last election, lot can change elections are far off but as of now cant see them voting for Yogi. Also state elections are a totally different matter, people take regional parties seriously only during the state elections.

Yeah SP and BSP are so fecking lazy and inept its no wonder they were decimated last time around. Its like they dont want to win. On one side you've got this well oiled machine of cunning Machiavellian politicians and on the other side these bumbling fools.

Its unlikely Yogi will lose but I think there is a chance. One can only hope.

Interval

Level
Is Modi still that popular inside India?
Yes. It's a cult figure now wherein the persona has become larger than reality. India has always thirsted for a "strong man" and "decisive" leader due to years of incompetence and they like him. Economic woes and poor governance are minor inconveniences and largely wiped away by a controlled media propoganda

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yes UP election will be an interesting one but again my concern is how popular the ole wine in SP and BSP are. Wouldn't be surprised if Yogi manages to win again.
The issue with the cow belt is that they truly believe in "Modiji ne kiya hai, kuchh soch kar hi kiya hoga".

There is no critical analysis of his failures on news channels that an ordinary person would watch, except on NDTV (and we know no one watches that because they are "anti-national"), and till that happens, it's impossible to see Akhilesh Yadav or any other leader becoming their next CM.

Foxbatt

I know that some reporters have been fired due to anti Modi articles. I guess the world's largest democracy will no longer be the largest democracy. It is going to be the 2nd largest dictatorship. What a sad state of affairs.

coolredwine

lameredboots
No one sees Rahul as a credible leader, thanks to media and big thanks to himself too. Even guys like Barka dutt and Sardesai who cannot stand BJP have started to question the ambition of congress.
It is a bit weird though that the orange buffoon has to bring in an army of cops, block national highways and apply Sec. 144 to stop him from going to Hathras. So much resources and effort spent on a clueless guy.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Yes UP election will be an interesting one but again my concern is how popular the ole wine in SP and BSP are. Wouldn't be surprised if Yogi manages to win again.
Yogi didn’t win the last time as well. People voted in the name of Modi and the clown was thrusted upon them. And then demonetisation made the other parties irrelevant. I doubt the same will happen again.

Foxbatt

I have never seen an Indian leader that is so ridiculed by so many.

Suv666

I have never seen an Indian leader that is so ridiculed by so many.
Manmohan Singh was ridiculed way more, that too in mainstream media and on the television. You'll find people being critical of Modi only on the internet. TV channels treat him like a god.

Refering to Modi without the "JI" offends some people. Thats the level if reverence

RedTiger

Half mast
Manmohan Singh was ridiculed way more, that too in mainstream media and on the television. You'll find people being critical of Modi only on the internet. TV channels treat him like a god.

Refering to Modi without the "JI" offends some people. Thats the level if reverence
Manmohan might have been ridiculed in India but he wasn't ridiculed outside of India to the extent that Modi is.

Interval

Level
Manmohan might have been ridiculed in India but he wasn't ridiculed outside of India to the extent that Modi is.
Times for you, really. Name a major country where the main leader is not ridiculed outside. Trump, Bolsonaro, Boris, Modi, Putin, Erdrogan...

In fact, Modi is really loved by the non-resident Indian base. Cringeworthy levels.

AshRK

Times for you, really. Name a major country where the main leader is not ridiculed outside. Trump, Bolsonaro, Boris, Modi, Putin, Erdrogan...

In fact, Modi is really loved by the non-resident Indian base. Cringeworthy levels.
Agree with that. For them it's like he can do no wrong. Surprisingly his image is not that bad outside India (even among non Indians) like some feel it is. No way he is ridiculed more than Trump or Boris or Putin.

RedDevil@84

Oh ya!! I know a guy who almost jizzed himself talking about seeing Modi in Howdy Mod event!! He travelled some 13 hrs for the event. I think he said something about his heart was about to burst after getting filled with national pride.

RedDevil@84

Yogi didn’t win the last time as well. People voted in the name of Modi and the clown was thrusted upon them. And then demonetisation made the other parties irrelevant. I doubt the same will happen again.
This.
I was shocked when Yogi became CM. At that time, it looked like a complete non-Modi thing to do after people all voted for Modi and talked about how only he can bring in development to UP.

Foxbatt

Agree with that. For them it's like he can do no wrong. Surprisingly his image is not that bad outside India (even among non Indians) like some feel it is. No way he is ridiculed more than Trump or Boris or Putin.
He is ridiculed in a lot of countries. Certainly not as much as Trump of course. Especially by non Indians. Yes I do agree that I was surprised by the NRIs in how much they love him. I really do not understand why. Manmohan Singh was not ridiculed outside so much. His corruption scandals not withstanding as he was respected a lot as a human being. Not Modi. A lot of people think he is a megalomaniac. Putin is not ridiculed but hated by western countries mostly.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
It is a bit weird though that the orange buffoon has to bring in an army of cops, block national highways and apply Sec. 144 to stop him from going to Hathras. So much resources and effort spent on a clueless guy.
Is this message a communal slur?
You might not like Yogi, and well for all the right reasons. I guess you can call him a buffoon. But the use of the word orange made me a little uncomfortable.

I am not sure what the slur for a muslim or a Buddhist person would be. But, if someone called Owaisi a cropped pants wearing dodo. That would make me uncomfy too.

Help me folks, are both communal slurs or not?

Should this be reported?

RedTiger

Half mast
You might not like Yogi, and well for all the right reasons. I guess you can call him a buffoon. But the use of the word orange made me a little uncomfortable.

I am not sure what the slur for a muslim or a Buddhist person would be. But, if someone called Owaisi a cropped pants wearing dodo. That would make me uncomfy too.

Should this be reported?
Its not a communal slur, come on. The guy wears orange literally every single day, its a valid pisstake.

RedDevil@84

Should this be reported?
Too much symbolism. People wear orange and do all kinds of crimes from trafficking to drugs to large scale scams. One doesn't become a saint just by wearing orange or saffron.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Should this be reported?
Have you ever called Trump an orange orangutan ever?

coolredwine

lameredboots

Should this be reported?
:houllier:

Suv666

Should this be reported?

What :lol::lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
nazification of India is complete?

So if they changed the roles the bhakts would still be pissed because then the hindu boy's family would be performing islamic rituals to welcome the muslim girl.

Anyways i foresee an incident similar to when that pakistani governor was killed by his own security for being secular and huge crowds gathered in support of the killer. I believe that stage is still a couple of years away, but were getting there.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Anyways i foresee an incident similar to when that pakistani governor was killed by his own security for being secular and huge crowds gathered in support of the killer. I believe that stage is still a couple of years away, but were getting there.
She's been quiet but the election of Pragya was something like that for me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Should this be reported?
:lol: No

prateik

Should this be reported?
Its not a slur.. its inaccurate though..
He should have called him a saffron buffoon.