India politics thread

coolredwine

lameredboots
Did you really thing half of countries in world fulfill these articles?
US and EU countries do to a good level, surprisingly. Their court systems/processes are relatively quick too, so that people aren't left hanging/rotting in prisons for ages.

Edit: throw in Canada, Australia and NZ too. That's about 30 countries we're looking at.

MDFC Manager

I read Sachin and Lata Mangeshkar tweet. Calling for amicable solution and no interference from foreign influence is not out of ordinary thing to do. Calling him dog and not worthy of Bharat Ratna is quite low.
Sure it is, as are the some of the replies to Rihanna.

Also just noticing the identical tweets by Akshay Kumar and Saina Nehwal :lol: Just last night I gave too much credit to the IT cell when I said they're now no longer asking their drones to post identical tweets.

Viral United

US and EU countries do to a good level, surprisingly. Their court systems/processes are relatively quick too, so that people aren't left hanging/rotting in prisons for ages.

Edit: throw in Canada, Australia and NZ too. That's about 30 countries we're looking at.
Let add Japan, S.Koria and some 10 or 20 countries, So we are look at 50 countries from 189.
Now joke aside, I believe in those article but its very hard to achieve in courtiers like India.
Any way I am out of here.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Let add Japan, S.Koria and some 10 or 20 countries, So we are look at 50 countries from 189.
Now joke aside, I believe in those article but its very hard to achieve in courtiers like India.
Any way I am out of here.
Is it really that hard to not arrest random people? Or allow people to protest? Or allowing people to have freedom of expression?

I'd say that we ticked almost all the other boxes during Anna Hazare's protests. Even in general, apart from the equality point, we were ticking the other boxes almost always with obviously a few exceptions.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Imagine the thinking process:

“labelling them Khalistani and terrorists every day is okay but we take offense at someone organising a hashtag under the garb of NaTiOnAL sOvErEiNgTy”

funny these are the same guys who couldn’t even utter a single word when China has camped within the border for months.
What do you mean has ? They are still occupying Indian territory that they forcibly took last year.

But then again in some deluded twats mind a tweet by rihana threatens national sovereignty while china actually walking across the border and occupying Indian territory after killing Indian soldiers has got nothing do with national sovereignty.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Which channel is unbiased btw? Every news outlet has its biases and will always have them.

Unlike Republic and the mainstream news outlets, Newslaundry, Hindu, etc. do report things on the other side as well - things like there was violence from the farmers side, few policemen got injured/died, etc.

And when the feck did I say there never has been foreign conspiracy in our history, but I find it ridiculous that foreigners calling the government out on Human Rights issues is a conspiracy.
Its a classic trope by the fascists. Ok he's slightly biased, im going to peddle full on fake news and when questioned i'd justify my fake news by age old practice of false equivalence.

The concept of nuance is hard to grasp for a feeble mind.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Classic right wing extremist rule book. Create an enemy/fear and use that to stoke nationalist feeling to win support and deviate from real issues.

Apparently Arnab is starting a nationalist committee or some shit. :lol:
The "enemies" are increasing though. First it was the muslims, now the model patriotic minority i.e. the sikhs are traitors/terrorists. Infact the jats are getting some heat too by being labelled anti-nationals. Its an age old problem with the fascists, they always need an enemy and eventually turn on most groups/communities. If your safe now, you may not be safe a few years down the line.

What's wrong with the document?
Its a toolkit on how to protest. She has posted it again.

The propaganda peddled by the godi media would have you believe its a bomb making manual :lol:.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
How many of the godi celebs peddling the internal matter narrative posted black lives matter ? :wenger:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The "enemies" are increasing though. First it was the muslims, now the model patriotic minority i.e. the sikhs are traitors/terrorists. Infact the jats are getting some heat too by being labelled anti-nationals. Its an age old problem with the fascists, they always need an enemy and eventually turn on most groups/communities. If your safe now, you may not be safe a few years down the line.
Yep. People would normally start seeing through the facade the more it's repeated but when you have a majority of the TV watching public tuning in to your spokespersons for their "news" every night helping you brainwash them, it makes the process a lot slower.

Its a toolkit on how to protest. She has posted it again.

The propaganda peddled by the godi media would have you believe its a bomb making manual :lol:.
That's what I saw it was and didn't really understand the fuss. Such mass protests obviously have to be well organised. Unless I'm missing something. But these clowns are trying to ban Twitter account and want to tame tiwtter to court for refusing, and launch FiRs on comedians, so, they're that moronic.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can someone explain why celebs in India come out to support in the most robotic way the right wing government? In the west it's the opposite, so just wondering what's different.

Nickelodeon

Can someone explain why celebs in India come out to support in the most robotic way the right wing government? In the west it's the opposite, so just wondering what's different.
Due to a lack of process in judiciary and the complete surrender of media, judiciary and investigating authorities, not towing to the line could result in malicious prosecution against them. The process becomes the punishment. Anurag Kashyap, a prominent film director, gave an interview where he just mentioned that people aren't that free anymore and he suddenly had rape accusations levelled against him in a matter of days.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
many prominent people supported Emergency too. it's not just threats, if at all. they could see themselves as supporting the nation which is under attack from internal and external forces.

Viral United

Is it really that hard to not arrest random people? Or allow people to protest? Or allowing people to have freedom of expression?

I'd say that we ticked almost all the other boxes during Anna Hazare's protests. Even in general, apart from the equality point, we were ticking the other boxes almost always with obviously a few exceptions.
Lets revisit Anna Hazare's protests again,
Anna want to protest in Jantar-Mantar ground (specially used for this kind of event), when Delhi police arrested him, he didn't resist arrest.
Anna even write a letter to his supporters telling them not do any kind of riots and do peaceful protest. Anna also request his supporters to no to come in Delhi and start protest from whatever place you are so common people didn't have to face harassments.
Anna didn't leave police station until he got permission of protesting on Jantar-Mantar ground.
In result we have peaceful protest all over India with no other agenda then corruptions.

Now let look on farmer protest,
When police stop them to enter Delhi they sit on Highway (one of busiest Highway). And in the result that Highway got block.
They ask other farmers to join protest in Delhi and when police stop them they call it foul play.
Court ask government to pause this laws, government agree to postpone law for 18 month and court ready to create 3 members committee to resolve this issue, and this all thing done before 26-Jan. So why they are now protesting court already given them what they want, do they don't believe in courts?

They could easily do what Anna had done and government could have gone backfoot but instead they do opposite.

So let me give answer to your question.
Yes you have every rights to protest. but every right comes with responsibility, If you want to protest, protest in peaceful manner, your protest shouldn't became harassments for other people.
You can't block Highways in name of protest, go to Jantar-Mantar ground and protest or protest from whatever state you are, you don't need to come Delhi to protest.
Remember common people and policemen/policewomen also have human rights.
And its leaders responsibility to not have riots in protest. And if you cant do peaceful protest then no you don't have any right to protest.

I have upmost respect for farmers. And yes government should have address these issues soon and in the end they do agree most of demands of farmers even postpone laws for 18 months. But after what happen 26-Jan I don't believe in there protest anymore.

anant

Lets revisit Anna Hazare's protests again,
Anna want to protest in Jantar-Mantar ground (specially used for this kind of event), when Delhi police arrested him, he didn't resist arrest.
Anna even write a letter to his supporters telling them not do any kind of riots and do peaceful protest. Anna also request his supporters to no to come in Delhi and start protest from whatever place you are so common people didn't have to face harassments.
Anna didn't leave police station until he got permission of protesting on Jantar-Mantar ground.
In result we have peaceful protest all over India with no other agenda then corruptions.

Now let look on farmer protest,
When police stop them to enter Delhi they sit on Highway (one of busiest Highway). And in the result that Highway got block.
They ask other farmers to join protest in Delhi and when police stop them they call it foul play.
Court ask government to pause this laws, government agree to postpone law for 18 month and court ready to create 3 members committee to resolve this issue, and this all thing done before 26-Jan. So why they are now protesting court already given them what they want, do they don't believe in courts?

They could easily do what Anna had done and government could have gone backfoot but instead they do opposite.

So let me give answer to your question.
Yes you have every rights to protest. but every right comes with responsibility, If you want to protest, protest in peaceful manner, your protest shouldn't became harassments for other people.
You can't block Highways in name of protest, go to Jantar-Mantar ground and protest or protest from whatever state you are, you don't need to come Delhi to protest.
Remember common people and policemen/policewomen also have human rights.
And its leaders responsibility to not have riots in protest. And if you cant do peaceful protest then no you don't have any right to protest.

I have upmost respect for farmers. And yes government should have address these issues soon and in the end they do agree most of demands of farmers even postpone laws for 18 months. But after what happen 26-Jan I don't believe in there protest anymore.
Respectfully saying, you really need to read other news sources and not just Godi Media channels.

1. Why didn't they do from hometown?
They were protesting for quite some time in Punjab and Haryana, but guess what, no one gave a feck.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/mas...tar-pradesh-roads-rail-tracks-blocked-2300821

2. Why are they protesting on the highway?
They asked for Ram Leela Maidan but looks like that was rejected:
https://thewire.in/agriculture/delhi-police-farmers-protest-march - in November
https://www.news18.com/news/india/f...lila-maidan-not-open-jail-burari-3158558.html -In December
https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/far...mission-for-protest-at-ramlila-maidan-2353910 - In January

3. Around the violence part
I think a lot of the people who were involved in violence that day were caught on camera. It seems there was one union and people like Deep Sidhu. Arrest them. What's stopping you from doing that?

4. And lastly on the committee part - If the court appointed committee has members who've publicly sided with the government on the laws, it won't fill anyone with confidence, would it? Everyone knows what the end game is here. This has been played on a loop multiple times.

These guys have protested through the cold, 160+ farmers have died - and everything was peaceful so far. These guys were called anti-national, Khalistanis, puppets paid by Congress/China/Pakistan, but this didn't happen then. The only bit of violence then was by the police who lathi-charged farmers. So, you can't really say that these guys don't know how to protest.

amolbhatia50k

Fear, and the fact that right wing fake nationalism is actually popular right now as opposed to a fringe element. And of course that we are a less educated and civilized society.

Suv666

Same of them probably support BJP's hard right agenda, some dont care some are being paid others are afraid.

A few years ago Cobra Post did a sting in which a lot of Bollywood stars were seen agreeing to post pro Modi tweets for a fee.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sc...l-parties-on-social-media-for-a-fee-cobrapost

One thing is certain the government excercises an abnormal amount of control on every starta of Indian society. From the judiciary to the media and Bollywood. Tough times ahead.

amolbhatia50k

Respectfully saying, you really need to read other news sources and not just Godi Media channels.

They were protesting for quite some time in Punjab and Haryana, but guess what, no one gave a feck.
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/mas...tar-pradesh-roads-rail-tracks-blocked-2300821

https://www.news18.com/news/india/f...lila-maidan-not-open-jail-burari-3158558.html -In December
https://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/far...mission-for-protest-at-ramlila-maidan-2353910 - In January

I think a lot of the people who were involved in violence that day were caught on camera. It seems there was one union and people like Deep Sidhu. Arrest them. What's stopping you from doing that?

4. And lastly on the committee part - If the court appointed committee has members who've publicly sided with the government on the laws, it won't fill anyone with confidence, would it? Everyone knows what the end game is here. This has been played on a loop multiple times.

These guys have protested through the cold, 160+ farmers have died - and everything was peaceful so far. These guys were called anti-national, Khalistanis, puppets paid by Congress/China/Pakistan, but this didn't happen then. The only bit of violence then was by the police who lathi-charged farmers. So, you can't really say that these guys don't know how to protest.
It's funny. The government constently abuses it's power by misusing institutions and it's propaganda machine to shut off and discredit any sort of dissent, and people still buy them as being an innocent and well meaning government in all of this. I guess that's the issue with a Government whose main priority is Hindu domination and headline management. Sod all actually gets done because you're busy trying to win credit and dictate your belief system (against which there will be some push back).

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...d-greta-thunberg-toolkit-101612512728576.html

Battle to begin with repeal of farm laws, says Mo Dhaliwal who created ‘toolkit'
Poetic Justice Foundation founder Mo Dhaliwal has said that their final objective wasn't just the repeal of farm laws

Mo Dhaliwal, the founder of the Vancouver-based Poetic Justice Foundation (PJF) that created the controversial ‘toolkit’ tweeted by Swedish activist Greta Thunberg, is looking to use the farm protests in India to fuel the separatist Khalistani movement, according to a police officer probing attempts to fan the separatist movement under the garb of the farmers' agitation. This lingering suspicion, the officer suggested, was confirmed by a recent video clip of Mo Dhaliwal where he is seen mobilising support for the agitation, as well as the separatist movement.

“If the farm bills get repealed tomorrow, that is not a victory. This battle begins with the repeal of the farm bills, it does not end there. Let no one tell you that this battle is going to end with the repeal of the farm bills. That is because they are trying to drain energy from this movement. They are trying to tell you that you are separate from Punjab, and you are separate from the Khalistan movement. You are not,” Mo Dhaliwal says in this video clip, reportedly shot during the group’s protest outside the Indian consulate on 26 January.

HT cannot confirm the authenticity of this video. Dhaliwal asked for his reaction to the police charge against his group, initially agreed to an interview with HT but later said he will issue a statement instead.

The farm protests on the borders of national capital Delhi began on November 26 over three laws that aim to ease restrictions on trade in farm produce by setting up free markets. Farm unions, however, say they will erode their bargaining power, weaken a system of assured prices and make them vulnerable to exploitation by corporate giants. They have rejected an offer to suspend the operation of the laws for 18 months, insisting that the laws be repealed.

Mo Dhaliwal and his group, PJF, came into sharp focus this week after Swedish activist Greta Thunberg tweeted a document that detailed an action plan for online and offline protests linked to the ongoing farmers’ agitation that started in November end. The first document, complete with links to tweets that people could use on social media, was mostly focused on Republic Day celebrations in India on January 26 that the group intended to commemorate as a global day of protest. She deleted this document and later uploaded what a police officer described as an updated and sanitized version.

The Delhi Police on Thursday cited the first document, or toolkit, to file a criminal case alleging criminal conspiracy and sedition. It didn’t name any suspects.

The toolkit, the officer quoted above said, had to be seen in the context of the background and motivation of its creators. The video gives an insight into the objectives of the group that has been trying to build public opinion on social media against the Indian government.

“The farm protests for them is just an excuse to mobilise support for their separatist agenda,” he said.

Mo Dhaliwal’s video clip appeared to support this contention.

In this, Dhaliwal attempts to persuade the younger members of his audience at the protest to keep an open mind to the demand for Khalistan.

“The reason why the Khalistani people are so passionate about this (farm protests) is because 40-50 years later, we are seeing the truth that they predicted in the 1970s. In the 1970s, they wanted an independent land so that we wouldn't have to live through this movement. My request to all the young people is: Don't close your eyes to each other, don't close your heart to each other. Don’t close your minds to each other. If you see somebody with a sign that you don’t understand, that has this ‘bad word’, Khalistan, on it, ask questions, learn…understand... Nobody wanted to be a terrorist… They are trying to separate us from each other… We are here for the independence and sanctity of Punjab,” Dhaliwal is heard saying in the video.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Government was quite ignorant when protest were happening in Punjab. Article you qouted is from September while protest in Punjab was happening from June. Government even blocked railways goods train. This could have been handled far better than they did. There is no doubt BJP brought this on themselves.

It's unfortunate so many people died sitting in bitter cold for 2 months. But now if the Government is giving the option of suspending the laws for 18 months, there is absolutely no need for union leaders to continue the protest and put farmers on road. Negotiations can begin again and in due course if they think it isn't working, then it can continue again.

coolredwine

lameredboots
https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...d-greta-thunberg-toolkit-101612512728576.html

Battle to begin with repeal of farm laws, says Mo Dhaliwal who created ‘toolkit'
Poetic Justice Foundation founder Mo Dhaliwal has said that their final objective wasn't just the repeal of farm laws

Mo Dhaliwal, the founder of the Vancouver-based Poetic Justice Foundation (PJF) that created the controversial ‘toolkit’ tweeted by Swedish activist Greta Thunberg, is looking to use the farm protests in India to fuel the separatist Khalistani movement, according to a police officer probing attempts to fan the separatist movement under the garb of the farmers' agitation. This lingering suspicion, the officer suggested, was confirmed by a recent video clip of Mo Dhaliwal where he is seen mobilising support for the agitation, as well as the separatist movement.

“If the farm bills get repealed tomorrow, that is not a victory. This battle begins with the repeal of the farm bills, it does not end there. Let no one tell you that this battle is going to end with the repeal of the farm bills. That is because they are trying to drain energy from this movement. They are trying to tell you that you are separate from Punjab, and you are separate from the Khalistan movement. You are not,” Mo Dhaliwal says in this video clip, reportedly shot during the group’s protest outside the Indian consulate on 26 January.

HT cannot confirm the authenticity of this video. Dhaliwal asked for his reaction to the police charge against his group, initially agreed to an interview with HT but later said he will issue a statement instead.

The farm protests on the borders of national capital Delhi began on November 26 over three laws that aim to ease restrictions on trade in farm produce by setting up free markets. Farm unions, however, say they will erode their bargaining power, weaken a system of assured prices and make them vulnerable to exploitation by corporate giants. They have rejected an offer to suspend the operation of the laws for 18 months, insisting that the laws be repealed.

Mo Dhaliwal and his group, PJF, came into sharp focus this week after Swedish activist Greta Thunberg tweeted a document that detailed an action plan for online and offline protests linked to the ongoing farmers’ agitation that started in November end. The first document, complete with links to tweets that people could use on social media, was mostly focused on Republic Day celebrations in India on January 26 that the group intended to commemorate as a global day of protest. She deleted this document and later uploaded what a police officer described as an updated and sanitized version.

The Delhi Police on Thursday cited the first document, or toolkit, to file a criminal case alleging criminal conspiracy and sedition. It didn’t name any suspects.

The toolkit, the officer quoted above said, had to be seen in the context of the background and motivation of its creators. The video gives an insight into the objectives of the group that has been trying to build public opinion on social media against the Indian government.

“The farm protests for them is just an excuse to mobilise support for their separatist agenda,” he said.

Mo Dhaliwal’s video clip appeared to support this contention.

In this, Dhaliwal attempts to persuade the younger members of his audience at the protest to keep an open mind to the demand for Khalistan.

“The reason why the Khalistani people are so passionate about this (farm protests) is because 40-50 years later, we are seeing the truth that they predicted in the 1970s. In the 1970s, they wanted an independent land so that we wouldn't have to live through this movement. My request to all the young people is: Don't close your eyes to each other, don't close your heart to each other. Don’t close your minds to each other. If you see somebody with a sign that you don’t understand, that has this ‘bad word’, Khalistan, on it, ask questions, learn…understand... Nobody wanted to be a terrorist… They are trying to separate us from each other… We are here for the independence and sanctity of Punjab,” Dhaliwal is heard saying in the video.
:lol:

You will be surprised to know that BJP ministers use a similar toolkit.

Viral United

First of all I already said I don't follow any news media channel they all are bias.
But you seriously need to find some unbias source who can give you some correct information.

Here is some information, Union government farmer laws are call arbitrary laws, its means government gives you guidelines and states has to implement this laws.
Ring some bell why I say they could had protested on their own state? because at end of day state have to implement that laws, no one has give the feck but I dam sure their respective state would have.

Here is another information Panjab and 3 - 4 state government already declare they are not implementing this new law in their state. Now tell me what's the point of protest from Panjab farmer?

Anna Hazare also denied permission, what he do? Did Anna sit on Highway?
And if Delhi police don't give permission why don't you go court? Delhi police also denied rally on 26-Jan first until court give permission.

Did you read some of leaders statement prior to 26-Jan rally? If not please read it.
Police are arresting people and some people resisting arrest so police has to use water canon and paper spry to control situation. But you know what that call human right violation.
So tell me what to do? should police use water canon and paper spry and catch the culprits or should do nothing in name of human rights violation?

You talking about same court that given their verdict in farmers favor not once but twice. Do you seriously believe they will bend in favor of government?
The bottom line is if you don't believe in constitution then don't cry in name of constitution.

Remember Anna Hazare's protest? Did you seen any kind of photo of Khalistani, Afzal guru, and other?
But in this protest we have seen those thing, and like it or not its protesters responsibility to not make this kind of thing and control it. Its protester responsibility to not have riot in protest.
So yes I can say that if you can't do peaceful protest then don't do protest.
I also blame government for not doing their due diligent and make these situation goes worse in my other post. Government should have control the situation better.

Also please understand there are 30 states in India. And every state has farmers, not only Panjab and Hariyana.

Its look like you and others have made up your mind about Modi and his government and don't want to look on other side. So I think there is no point to discussing it any further.
And before you call me Modi apologies let me tell you I didn't voted for Modi in last election and not going to vote for him in next one.

But I strongly suggest you to find some other source then this news Media for you information.

Nickelodeon

First of all I already said I don't follow any news media channel they all are bias.
But you seriously need to find some unbias source who can give you some correct information.

Here is some information, Union government farmer laws are call arbitrary laws, its means government gives you guidelines and states has to implement this laws.
Ring some bell why I say they could had protested on their own state? because at end of day state have to implement that laws, no one has give the feck but I dam sure their respective state would have.

Here is another information Panjab and 3 - 4 state government already declare they are not implementing this new law in their state. Now tell me what's the point of protest from Panjab farmer?

And if Delhi police don't give permission why don't you go court? Delhi police also denied rally on 26-Jan first until court give permission.

Did you read some of leaders statement prior to 26-Jan rally? If not please read it.
Police are arresting people and some people resisting arrest so police has to use water canon and paper spry to control situation. But you know what that call human right violation.
So tell me what to do? should police use water canon and paper spry and catch the culprits or should do nothing in name of human rights violation?

You talking about same court that given their verdict in farmers favor not once but twice. Do you seriously believe they will bend in favor of government?
The bottom line is if you don't believe in constitution then don't cry in name of constitution.

Remember Anna Hazare's protest? Did you seen any kind of photo of Khalistani, Afzal guru, and other?
But in this protest we have seen those thing, and like it or not its protesters responsibility to not make this kind of thing and control it. Its protester responsibility to not have riot in protest.
I also blame government for not doing their due diligent and make these situation goes worse in my other post. Government should have control the situation better.

Also please understand there are 30 states in India. And every state has farmers, not only Panjab and Hariyana.

Its look like you and others have made up your mind about Modi and his government and don't want to look on other side. So I think there is no point to discussing it any further.
And before you call me Modi apologies let me tell you I didn't voted for Modi in last election and not going to vote for him in next one.

But I strongly suggest you to find some other source then this news Media for you information.
Are you for real? You keep on quoting random shite without any reference point while rejecting anyone's sources as not credible.

Firstly, the protests are also taking place massively in UP despite the dictatorship they live under.

Secondly, on the point of Anna Hazare, how many people/journalists at the time were charged with sedition, UAPA? Does that ring any human rights violation bells to you?

Thirdly, if there is a protest happening with lakhs of farmers, any one person with a single banner (still no proof from you btw) is enough to destroy the entire movement. Who's to say that wasn't a BJP planted goon? As it is, Deep Sidhu, someone with known BJP connections, has managed to go to Red Fort and cause mayhem and then get away scot free only to now being chased by the police. Nothing seems shady to you here?

And finally, and most importantly, what is your understanding of the Khalistani angle here? All I see is this term being mentioned, something which hasn't come across since the 80s. What do you think is the most malicious intent here and how is protesting against the farm bill going to result in a separated Khalistan? Does it even make sense? You have heard this nonsense from all these paid mouthpiece outlets and then you proceed to reject point being made as a biased source.

You have every right to your opinion but I'm sorry to say this that you come across as stubborn and ill-informed and someone who's refusing to see what's happening right in front of their eyes. And you might ignore the rest of the post, but please do mention what your understanding of the Khalistani angle is and what are dangerous consequences we all should be aware of.

anant

Jesus! No point arguing considering you're still not able to acknowledge that there is valid opposition to these laws. If you really believe in the Khalistani angle, provide substantial proof because this is a pretty old storyline - if they're Muslims, link them with Pakistan, if they're Sikhs, then use the Khalistan angle, for Bengalis use Bangladeshis have infiltrated the state, and all that BS.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Are you for real? You keep on quoting random shite without any reference point while rejecting anyone's sources as not credible.
Clearly there's no point in further debate since he's in a different reality ?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Wife, brother of UP farmer who died in Delhi booked for ‘insult to national flag’

PILIBHIT: Three days after the death of a 32-year-old UP farmer who had gone “missing” from the protest site at Ghazipur and was later found dead at a Delhi hospital, his wife and brother have been booked by UP police on charges of insulting the national flag.

The farmer from Bhopatpur village under Pilibhit's Bari Bujhiya panchayat, Balvinder Singh, had left for the Ghazipur border on January 23. A week later, on February 1, his family got a call from Delhi Police saying he had died in a road accident. The next day, they were handed his body after autopsy at the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital in Delhi and, on Wednesday, the last rites were performed at his village. His body was draped in the tricolour.

“His wifeJasveer Kaur, brother Gurvinder Singh and an unidentified person have been booked under Section 2 of the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act,” Ashutosh Raghuvanshi, SHO of Seramau North police station, under whose jurisdiction the village lies, said on Thursday.

Gurvinder said on Thursday that there was a reason they lay the tricolour on Balvinder's body: "We believe farmers are fighting for the country, like soldiers at the border. Balvinder was a martyr for the farmers' cause. A funeral is a sacred ritual. It was a patriotic gesture."

Religious and farmer representatives, meanwhile, extended their support to the grieving family. “I condemn the police action and demand that the UP chief minister order Pilibhit Police to withdraw the FIR,” said president of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee. “If the tricolour was placed on the body of a protesting farmer, it symbolised the patriotism of farmers, not an insult to national honour.”

Vice president of RLD’s UP unit Manjit Singh Sandhu, himself a Pilibhit-based farmer, said, “FIRs are being used to suppress the voice of farmers. There will be a massive agitation on the streets if the FIR is not withdrawn. The family did nothing to insult the tricolour.”

After getting his body, Balvinder’s family had questioned the manner in which he had died. His younger brother Virendra Singh had said, “He had multiple injuries on his face. The body should have had injuries and fractures in other parts if he had been mowed down by a speeding heavy vehicle.”

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bar...to-national-flag/amp_articleshow/80693514.cms

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
State Decides To Check Social Media Behaviour Of Passport Applicants

Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Police has decided to scrutinise social media behaviour before giving their clearance for people applying for passports. Uttarakhand DGP Ashok Kumar said on Thursday that online behaviour of passport applicants needs to be scrutinised to stop growing misuse of social media platforms.

Uttarakhand Police had decided to make examination of social media behaviour of passport applicants a part of the verification process at a meeting chaired by the Director General of Police (top police officer of the state). Justifying the decision, Mr Kumar said the measure is needed to stop growing misuse of social media platforms to foment trouble. However, the DGP denied he had introduced anything "new or drastic" saying he had only spoken in favour of enforcing a clause already there in the passport law.

"There is a clause in the passport law not to issue the document to anyone indulging in anti-national activities. I have only spoken in favour of its enforcement," Mr Kumar said. "As a police officer I stand against anything that falls into the category of anti-national activities as defined by our Constitution," he added.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/thi...applicants-2363397?pfrom=home-ndtv_topstories

Viral United

Firstly, the protests are also taking place massively in UP despite the dictatorship they live under.

Secondly, on the point of Anna Hazare, how many people/journalists at the time were charged with sedition, UAPA? Does that ring any human rights violation bells to you?

Thirdly, if there is a protest happening with lakhs of farmers, any one person with a single banner (still no proof from you btw) is enough to destroy the entire movement. Who's to say that wasn't a BJP planted goon? As it is, Deep Sidhu, someone with known BJP connections, has managed to go to Red Fort and cause mayhem and then get away scot free only to now being chased by the police. Nothing seems shady to you here?

And finally, and most importantly, what is your understanding of the Khalistani angle here? All I see is this term being mentioned, something which hasn't come across since the 80s. What do you think is the most malicious intent here and how is protesting against the farm bill going to result in a separated Khalistan? Does it even make sense? You have heard this nonsense from all these paid mouthpiece outlets and then you proceed to reject point being made as a biased source.

You have every right to your opinion but I'm sorry to say this that you come across as stubborn and ill-informed and someone who's refusing to see what's happening right in front of their eyes. And you might ignore the rest of the post, but please do mention what your understanding of the Khalistani angle is and what are dangerous consequences we all should be aware of.
Jesus! No point arguing considering you're still not able to acknowledge that there is valid opposition to these laws. If you really believe in the Khalistani angle, provide substantial proof because this is a pretty old storyline - if they're Muslims, link them with Pakistan, if they're Sikhs, then use the Khalistan angle, for Bengalis use Bangladeshis have infiltrated the state, and all that BS.
First of all I didn't say they are Khalistani, I strongly believe they are farmer my point is if their are poster then they give government chance to react on it. and protester should have taken care not to divert that protest.

Look I seriously have no more energy with this discussion its if you want to know my understanding regarding this topic then I will pm you with link ( I can ensure you this not media link).
As for this matter I accept defeat and please accept my apology. you win I lost be happy now.
I really don't want to involved in this matter any more, its boring and bring worst out us. I am not BJP support, and I really don't like to be call BJP supporter.

amolbhatia50k

The media isn't all bad. There's good stuff out there it's just beneath the surface (or on YouTube). NDTV is still good out of the TV bigwigs. Ravish is carrying that medium on his back.

And there's a huge difference between responsible and fact based reporting even if questions authority (and you happen to like that party) as opposed to the mouthpiece of a party that purely spreads propaganda and hate. They are NOT merely two similar sides on the opposite side of a battle, and are incomparable for all intends and purposes.

RedDevil@84

So farmer's protest gets a sponsor for an ad on Super Bowl and all hell seems to be breaking loose on my whatsapp groups :D

anant

So farmer's protest gets a sponsor for an ad on Super Bowl and all hell seems to be breaking loose on my whatsapp groups :D
I'm waiting for the day Yogi/Modi get some recognition from these foreign media organizations or even entities. Would love to apply the same logic then.

Also, I hope Bhakts won't use the argument of improving foreign relations under Modi now.

RedDevil@84

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...vis-are-parasites-pm/articleshow/80757152.cms

"We are aware of words like Shramjeevi, Buddhijeevi, but I am observing that a new Jamaat has recently taken birth in India known as Aandolanjeevi", said Prime Minister Modi.

He added that this Aandolanjeevi Jamaat is seen everywhere be it student protests, lawyer protests or labour protests.

"They sometimes remain behind the curtain our appear in the public. This Aandolanjeevi group cannot live without protests and its members continually keep finding ways to stoke protests"

"All these Aandolanjeevis are Parjeevis (Parasites)", he added.

Hmm.. Interesting use of the Urdu/Arabic word "Jamaat" from someone who speaks excellent Hindi.

MDFC Manager

Excerpts from WhatsApp University

The Myanmar Coup, China Sea routes and the 3 “C”. The 3 "C" who want to destroy India are Congress, Communist, and China but Why? By Dr. Gaurav Pradhan

Let’s understand this loud and clear that the world we live in is all about BAZAAR (Market)

Around January 25, 2021, a meeting happened between Pakistan & China and China was very unhappy with the Baloch movement and the Pakistan army failed to stop it.

In that meeting, China said “we will find our way if you fail and that will be Pakistan's loss. Within a week after that Military threw out Myanmar elected government.

China had to have access to the Arabian Sea. It has 3 options

Route number 1

via Baloch which is in control of Pakistan but in this China had to pass thru Kashmir. This route China call as “China Pakistan Economic Corridor CPEC” but in this route, China had to face India.

With repealing of Article 370, it had become difficult. Hence you witnessed the Galwan valley conflict

Route number 2

This route is via Myanmar. China already built a pipeline passing thru Myanmar but the last November the civilian government won the election with a massive mandate and general perception is not as per China's plan.

Never forget that in Myanmar 40% of seats are reserved for the military. During the election out of 60% seats, more than 51% seats were won by Sue.

Means the china plan goes for a toss. Hence it was necessary to throw out Sue government

Route number 3

Route number 3 pass between China and Taiwan. While Taiwan getting stronger day by day, China knows this route can be blocked anytime.

Moreover, this route also passes via Andaman Nicobar and that can be blocked by India.

With the presence of Quad in the area, this has already become a very tough route for China.

Hence China can’t afford Taiwan to slip from its control

To counter the Andaman Nicobar block, China had increased its forces in Galwan and Arunachal to increase India’s cost of the Indian Army so that the Indian Navy budget of modernization and fleet increase doesn’t happen.

Remember a few years back Indian Navy request $8B for modernization and adding more ships to its fleet.

This means what could have gone to the Indian Navy now goes to the Indian Army and a major threat to route 3 by the Indian Navy can be deflected.

Route number 4

Route number 4 which is not marked in this picture is China-Doklam-Bangladesh.

For this China needs to break “India’s Chicken neck”. Hence the reference made by a JNU protester about Chicken Neck during Anti CAA protest was neither slip of the tongue or out of the contest but a part of China plan

With strong leadership in India, China Galwan Plan, Doklam plan and Anandman plan will never happen.

Hence the communist and congress in India want the Modi government to fall as soon as possible

Please understand this… China signed an MoU with 10 Janpath (not Congress) in 2008 and with China only interest is business, meaning access to Market and resources, I am quite sure that MoU was all about handing over our natural resources, market, and the sea route to China

Route number 5

Route number 5 is the only clean trouble-free route for China which is around Australia but this route is practically impossible as the cost for China shipping will increase 100 times more making its imports and exports white elephant

This is the crux of tension in Asia & the mother of all problems is China.

An unstable corrupt Pakistan, Myanmar, Nepal, India, and Sri Lanka is in the best interest of China……. Hence Modi is a problem for them & especially Congress, Communist, and China

As a common citizen of India, my mind is bombarded with a Question "What we can do to Fight this China Mafia"

The answer is simple and we only need to do two things which will not cost us even a penny

1. Stand with Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi like a rock without any "IF" and "BUT" and let his team do the rock-n-roll

2. Stop buying anything from China or PRC