India politics thread

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
‘I drink cow urine every day. That is why I do not have coronavirus right now’: BJP MP Pragya Thakur

Pragya Singh Thakur, the BJP MP from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, has said that drinking cow urine protects from lung infection and can also be beneficial against coronavirus. A video of Thakur speaking to a gathering has been widely circulated on social media. The MP was not wearing a mask during her address.

“If we drink the urine of Indian cows, it reduces infection in our lungs,” Thakur said. “I drink it every day. That is why I do not have coronavirus right now.”

Thakur’s statement comes at a time when the Indian Medical Association has clearly specified that there is no scientific evidence to prove that cow dung or urine helps with the treatment or prevention of Covid-19.

“There is no concrete scientific evidence that cow dung or urine work to boost immunity against COVID-19, it is based entirely on belief,” Dr JA Jayalal, national president at the Indian Medical Association, was quoted as saying by The Wire.

https://scroll.in/video/995083/i-dr...ve-coronavirus-right-now-bjp-mp-pragya-thakur
I really hope journos carry a bottle of gaumutra with them in future whenever they're going to interview a BJP person.

The second they make such a claim, offer them gaumutra and record them drink it on camera

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

modi-shah-yogi are so strong the nation is still standing, despite 1.3 billion traitors, assisted by ISI and vatican and china, trying to bring it down everyday.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

modi-shah-yogi are so strong the nation is still standing, despite 1.3 billion traitors, assisted by ISI and vatican and china, trying to bring it down everyday.
Seems like (very) slowly, people are finally waking up, just a shame that its taken a calamity of this magnitude for it.

Although if you had to bet, you'd still bet "ayega to modi hi". They'll ensure that all this is forgotten by 2024.

Suv666

Seems like (very) slowly, people are finally waking up, just a shame that its taken a calamity of this magnitude for it.

Although if you had to bet, you'd still bet "ayega to modi hi". They'll ensure that all this is forgotten by 2024.
24? They'll forget about it when UP election rolls around. I keep reading that people are waking up but I haven't personally witnessed a single Bhakt changing their stance.

Nickelodeon

Seems that there is another 'toolkit' going around. High level cabinet ministers as usual fulfilling their primary responsibility of being Twitter trolls. Congress has stated that they will file an FIR against these BJP leaders. Let's see how it goes.

Seems like a clear strategy by BJP to be as loud (rather than true or accurate) in their message as possible.

AshRK

24? They'll forget about it when UP election rolls around. I keep reading that people are waking up but I haven't personally witnessed a single Bhakt changing their stance.
It doesn't matter what the Bhakt thinks. As weird as it may sound the reality is the percentage of Bhakts are not more than non Bhakts. Many common man in the country are beyond this religion bs. If Bhakts were so strong then BJP would have won in Delhi as well and also in Kolkata. The real reason Modi is always looked as favourite on national level is due to lack of opposition. If Congress has any common sense they will start focusing on 2024 and mount even more pressure on BJP. I remember back in 2012 with all the corruption pressure on Congress government, BJP played it smart by pushing Modi down our throat. The PR image they created led them to the victory. I don't see that with Congress and the big reason for that remains Rahul Gandhi. People will not want him as our PM and hence Modi will win by default. Field a new face and push him down people's throat. A change is needed for the betterment of the country and it needs to start from Congress pushing a new face.

Nickelodeon

It doesn't matter what the Bhakt thinks. As weird as it may sound the reality is the percentage of Bhakts are not more than non Bhakts. Many common man in the country are beyond this religion bs. If Bhakts were so strong then BJP would have won in Delhi as well and also in Kolkata. The real reason Modi is always looked as favourite on national level is due to lack of opposition. If Congress has any common sense they will start focusing on 2024 and mount even more pressure on BJP. I remember back in 2012 with all the corruption pressure on Congress government, BJP played it smart by pushing Modi down our throat. The PR image they created led them to the victory. I don't see that with Congress and the big reason for that remains Rahul Gandhi. People will not want him as our PM and hence Modi will win by default. Field a new face and push him down people's throat. A change is needed for the betterment of the country and it needs to start from Congress pushing a new face.
Expect the likes of TMC, Shiv Sena, NCP, SP, Congress and DMK to form some sort of alliance. If AAP joins the bandwagon, they could be a genuine threat. Having said that, deciding on a PM candidate is where I expect the alliance to falter. Also, don't see where Congress can actually claim as their "territory" and have a non-compete with their alliance partners.

AshRK

Expect the likes of TMC, Shiv Sena, NCP, SP, Congress and DMK to form some sort of alliance. If AAP joins the bandwagon, they could be a genuine threat. Having said that, deciding on a PM candidate is where I expect the alliance to falter. Also, don't see where Congress can actually claim as their "territory" and have a non-compete with their alliance partners.
It doesn't matter where the face comes from be it congress or from DMK but they need to start planning. Sadly Congress still remains the sole big party who can dethrone BJP(although their performance in the last 5 years seem to suggest they are the smallest party). The whole Mahagadbandhan crap last time failed because they had no particular face to rely on and will repeat for the umpteenth time, Rahul can never be that face.

It is high time the BJP power is broken and we have a new party running the country. I am even ready to accept Rahul as the PM but truth is he cannot be the answer. If people thought Modi is a problem, wait for Yogi leading the country :(. Hence very important BJP is defeated but the work from the opposition party needs to be started right away.2 years have already passed, only 3 more to go.

Nickelodeon

It doesn't matter where the face comes from be it congress or from DMK but they need to start planning. Sadly Congress still remains the sole big party who can dethrone BJP(although their performance in the last 5 years seem to suggest they are the smallest party). The whole Mahagadbandhan crap last time failed because they had no particular face to rely on and will repeat for the umpteenth time, Rahul can never be that face.

It is high time the BJP power is broken and we have a new party running the country. I am even ready to accept Rahul as the PM but truth is he cannot be the answer. If people thought Modi is a problem, wait for Yogi leading the country :(. Hence very important BJP is defeated but the work from the opposition party needs to be started right away.2 years have already passed, only 3 more to go.
One can only hope.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Cyclone is top story in Guardian international section, and not in the top 3 for Indian Express. :confused:

My parents said there was not even an interruption to power in our house, nothing apart from rain and strong winds. How bad is it?

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Cyclone is top story in Guardian international section, and not in the top 3 for Indian Express. :confused:

My parents said there was not even an interruption to power in our house, nothing apart from rain and strong winds. How bad is it?
Internet was down for the most part of yesterday in Mumbai but apart from that its been fine here

Foxbatt

What is the story on the Mosque that has been razed to the ground in defiance of a High Court order?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
depressing story (as usual, with the twist being that its not a covid story)

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...-dig-heels-in-at-sukma-security-camp-7320689/

On Monday, three people were killed here and several injured as police opened fire on a group of tribals protesting against the CRPF camp that came up on May 12.

“On Monday, we were beaten up by the security forces when we went to submit our demands. They beat us earlier too. We also got angry and some of our people pelted stones at their vehicles and at the camp. First, the security personnel threw tear gas bombs, and then opened fire,” said Krishna Kadti, 18, a Class 12 student from Jagargunda, adding, “The people in the front fell, some of them died. When we tried to go get their bodies, we were laathi-charged again. That led to a stampede and several people fell over each other.”

Sunil Korsa, who is part of a 35-member family that claims to own over six of the 10-acre land on which the camp stands, says, “We would have willingly given our land for a hospital or school. We don’t mind security deployed for road construction either. But we don’t want a camp. Once it is established, everything from our movements to our customs will be scrutinised. We don’t want to live in fear of both the Naxals and the police.”
I remember when some colleagues of my mother's went to do a report from Bastar during the height of Salwa Judum. This was around 2009, so it was Congress at the centre (Chidambaram was the HM) and BJP in the state govt.
They were on a ST bus (otherwise filled with locals), which was surrounded by police near the district border, they were identified, told to get out, and not allowed to cross into the district "for their own safety."
Who knows what types of crimes have been covered up, with nobody able to watch.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Seems that there is another 'toolkit' going around. High level cabinet ministers as usual fulfilling their primary responsibility of being Twitter trolls. Congress has stated that they will file an FIR against these BJP leaders. Let's see how it goes.

Seems like a clear strategy by BJP to be as loud (rather than true or accurate) in their message as possible.
‘COVID toolkit’ attributed to Congress created on forged letterhead

An analysis by Alt News has revealed that the AICC Research Department letterhead has been tampered with in the toolkit document, raising questions about its authenticity. An examination of the content of the document, meant to strategise a future course of action, reveals that it refers to events that have already taken place in the past. BJP till now has only shared screenshots of the alleged toolkit and has failed to produce the original – either the PDF version or the Microsoft Word version. Without the original document, BJP’s claims come across as inauthentic, especially because the ‘toolkit’ is made on a poor copy of the original letterhead used by the AICC’s research wing.

https://www.altnews.in/covid-toolkit-attributed-to-congress-created-on-forged-letterhead/

Nickelodeon

‘COVID toolkit’ attributed to Congress created on forged letterhead

An analysis by Alt News has revealed that the AICC Research Department letterhead has been tampered with in the toolkit document, raising questions about its authenticity. An examination of the content of the document, meant to strategise a future course of action, reveals that it refers to events that have already taken place in the past. BJP till now has only shared screenshots of the alleged toolkit and has failed to produce the original – either the PDF version or the Microsoft Word version. Without the original document, BJP’s claims come across as inauthentic, especially because the ‘toolkit’ is made on a poor copy of the original letterhead used by the AICC’s research wing.

https://www.altnews.in/covid-toolkit-attributed-to-congress-created-on-forged-letterhead/
This was always going to happen. But it doesn’t matter, does it? BJP just want to muddy the waters and spread this clearly fake theory through social media. They are louder and have a much larger reach.

They are already planning for the scenario where people eventually say ‘Other parties are equally bad’.

Nickelodeon

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...lkit-as-manipulated-media/article34611486.ece

Any other "democratic" country with a spokesperson who's caught red-handed telling lies and sharing forged documents would be charged or at least made to resign. And this a**hole has been caught twice now. The entire cabinet was vociferously sharing this fake document rather than doing their jobs. You would think that this is a new low but for this bunch, it's barely a medium.

RedDevil@84

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/gov...lkit-sources-2446656?pfrom=home-ndtv_bigstory

The government has asked Twitter to remove "manipulated media" tag for tweets on an alleged "Congress toolkit" to discredit COVID-19 efforts, calling it "prejudicial, a clear overreach and unwarranted", sources said today. The official complaint has been spurred by Twitter marking BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra's tweet as "manipulated media".

If they were not in it for money, Twitter could have just tagged the foul mouthed idiot's account as "fake news" account

Nickelodeon

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/gov...lkit-sources-2446656?pfrom=home-ndtv_bigstory

The government has asked Twitter to remove "manipulated media" tag for tweets on an alleged "Congress toolkit" to discredit COVID-19 efforts, calling it "prejudicial, a clear overreach and unwarranted", sources said today. The official complaint has been spurred by Twitter marking BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra's tweet as "manipulated media".

If they were not in it for money, Twitter could have just tagged the foul mouthed idiot's account as "fake news" account
Fighting for their right to spread fake news.

coolredwine

lameredboots

Inb4 freedom of speech

MDFC Manager

From "The Daily Guardian" to fake toolkits. Not to mention the load of fake news of Bengal violence.

IT cell is having a nightmare :lol:

Dear leader is shedding crocodile tears meanwhile. Don't be surprised if he starts riding a sympathy wave soon.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Dear leader is shedding crocodile tears meanwhile. Don't be surprised if he starts riding a sympathy wave soon.
I don't know whether it was here or somewhere else but a couple of people had predicted after the bengal results that modi will soon cry on national tv and right on cue supreme leader modi kaka appears with tears. Its getting predictable now.

Suv666

I don't know whether it was here or somewhere else but a couple of people had predicted after the bengal results that modi will soon cry on national tv and right on cue supreme leader modi kaka appears with tears. Its getting predictable now.
Yeah you cant pull the same trick twice. Everyone and their dog knew this was coming.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What Does It Mean to Be Muslim in India? Ghazala Wahab in Conversation with Karan Thapar

Foxbatt

That's an impressive quivering bottom lip. Akshay Kumar should ask him what his technique is in the next interview. Better than knowing if he likes mango
They can make a movie about him with Jagapathi Babu playing the role of Modi.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Exactly what a bhakt would tell himself