India politics thread

milemuncher777

formerly kid777

India Today Aaj Tak one of the most popular news channel here wanting to incite riots by writing islamophobhic headlines and doing debates.

NM

What does it say?
Basically, the place (Ayodhya and the mosque / temple land) is ours, Ram is ours. Where did the guys who made the Masjid come from? Ie. why are they here in India

I thought the US was in the dumps but home is as bad

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Basically, the place (Ayodhya and the mosque / temple land) is ours, Ram is ours. Where did the guys who made the Masjid come from? Ie. why are they here in India

feck sake. Bet it's just to see the left and liberals squirm. :houllier:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Another one.

Muslim free India
How do they plan to remove 200m Muslim Indians? Do they have enough trees to cremate after killing them all? Else where will they all go?

Someone should demand they answer these questions.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Oh it's worse here. At least your institutions are strong and keep the clown prince of Washington in check. Ours, on the other hand, are being dismantled by our dear leader.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Blair, Rice, Gates, Howard.
Modi, Kissinger.

Unironically India has advanced on the word stage under Modi, being slightly ahead of the curve of winning nationalism.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is this a recent incident?

These incidents seem to be happening on a daily basis. WTF is wrong with these people?

Bestie07

This video was heartbreaking. Something needs to be done about these mob lynchings and it pains me to see it happen and knowing that the perpetrators will probably get away with it too since the police force does not do their job properly and even if they do, it takes several years and a lot of money to fight the case in courts. This is also the reason that people in a mob feel emboldened as they know nothing will probably get done about it. Our police and our judicial system is a mess and has been for my lifetime.

Also, no need to put a communal ring on everything.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This video was heartbreaking. Something needs to be done about these mob lynchings and it pains me to see it happen and knowing that the perpetrators will probably get away with it too since the police force does not do their job properly and even if they do, it takes several years and a lot of money to fight the case in courts. This is also the reason that people in a mob feel emboldened as they know nothing will probably get done about it. Our police and our judicial system is a mess and has been for my lifetime.

Also, no need to put a communal ring on everything.
I didn't :confused:

But that aside, these incidents all seem to be communal and one way?

Bestie07

I didn't :confused:

But that aside, these incidents all seem to be communal and one way?
The tweet you posted said that. I am not even sure why they were hitting the poor old man and it doesn't matter if it was because he worshipped a different God, loved a different country, stole from someone or injured someone. No one should be allowed to get away with this.

Bigger issue for me is that we are unable to do anything about this (or any other mob related incident) because of our law enforcement and judicial system. I honestly don't even know how this is ever going to change.

VJ1762

BJP really don't give a feck, do they? They hate all minorities, both religious and linguistic.

One wonders why people voted for them en masse.

Also doesn't help that the Congress projected Rahul Gandhi as the opposition candidate. No charisma, always gives off the vibe of not being interested in politics. Indira Gandhi will be rolling in her grave if she found out about her descendants.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
BJP really don't give a feck, do they? They hate all minorities, both religious and linguistic.

One wonders why people voted for them en masse.

Also doesn't help that the Congress projected Rahul Gandhi as the opposition candidate. No charisma, always gives off the vibe of not being interested in politics. Indira Gandhi will be rolling in her grave if she found out about her descendants.
Are there some better candidates for next time?

VJ1762

Are there some better candidates for next time?
That's the problem. The Gandhi's have left no space open up top for any regional leader to come up. Honestly, I really don't know who can topple the BJP in the next 10 years. The future looks bleak. They are more concerned about matters like religion when there are more pressing issues like a falling economy.

RedTiger

Half mast
Anyone here from Delhi? Is this accurate? What impact is it having on your day to day life?
This has been going on for years bro. It's the multiple factors of getting rid of the winter field cuttings by burning in the Punjab and Haryana, the low pressure front that tends to be prevalent around this time of year and poor people burning anything they can find to stay warm.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
This has been going on for years bro. It's the multiple factors of getting rid of the winter field cuttings by burning in the Punjab and Haryana, the low pressure front that tends to be prevalent around this time of year and poor people burning anything they can find to stay warm.
Also Diwali fireworks.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Also Diwali fireworks.
A factor yes, but probably contributing to less than 5% of the problem. We banned sale of crackers last year and situation wasn't much better than what it is now. This year people were given just a 2 hour window to burn crackers and while some idiots did burn crackers, that cannot make the situation even close enough to what we are experiencing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I know it's been going on for years, I was in Delhi just 12 month ago.

The article implies its hitting record levels.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A factor yes, but probably contributing to less than 5% of the problem. We banned sale of crackers last year and situation wasn't much better than what it is now. This year people were given just a 2 hour window to burn crackers and while some idiots did burn crackers, that cannot make the situation even close enough to what we are experiencing.
You're in Delhi? How is it now vs last few years? Worse than ever or is the article just reporting old news?

Suv666

Just as bad as previous years.
No its not. I've been in Noida since 2016 and this is the worst I've ever experienced. Its fecking incredible that nothing is being done about this.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No its not. I've been in Noida since 2016 and this is the worst I've ever experienced. Its fecking incredible that nothing is being done about this.
Its tough to compare because we tend to downplay how bad stuff was in the past, and I honestly dont think it's much worse than previous years