India politics thread

MDFC Manager

A Lincoln moment: What PM Modi has in common with the former US President
Like Lincoln, Modi too needed an iron-will. Lincoln had to be ruthless with racial fascism in his time. For Modi, it was, to quote Bashir Assad in his book K File, masla-e-Kashmir is no longer political; it is about Nizam-e-Mustafa; it is a pan-Islamic movement now. Lincoln didn’t have any choice. Neither did Modi.

https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/a-abraham-lincoln-moment-narendra-modi-6124545/
Reading this has given me a headache. Hilarious that these RSS goons rule our nation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
BJPs monopolisation of the money flowing into politics is a huge worry as is the difficulty now in reversing it. Heck, no one party - Congress or BJP should be hoarding funds in this manner. It's amusing how much of a liar our PM is - promised farmers so much, they got jack shit. Promised to throw criminals out of politics, managed to field more criminal MPs /candidates than anyone. Makes claims about transparency and carried out schemes that will bloat the pockets of political parties without any accountability.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
BJPs monopolisation of the money flowing into politics is a huge worry as is the difficulty now in reversing it. Heck, no one party - Congress or BJP should be hoarding funds in this manner. It's amusing how much of a liar our PM is - promised farmers so much, they got jack shit. Promised to throw criminals out of politics, managed to field more criminal MPs /candidates than anyone. Makes claims about transparency and carried out schemes that will bloat the pockets of political parties without any accountability.
Just curious but do you take morning walks ?

MDFC Manager

Think the trust vote will fail and the drama will continue :lol:

Cuz I can't see Pawar letting more than a few of his MLAs go. Congress may bleed though :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Think the trust vote will fail and the drama will continue :lol:

Cuz I can't see Pawar letting more than a few of his MLAs go. Congress may bleed though :lol:
Worthy of being made into a movie.

On another note...........

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
A video recording of India’s consul general in New York advocating India follow the “Israeli model” in Kashmir has sent shockwaves across India’s diplomatic community and turned into an international incident with Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan terming the top diplomat’s comments as an example of India’s “fascist mindset”.

In a one-hour long video of an interaction with the “Kashmiri Hindu diaspora” in New York uploaded by filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri on his Facebook page, consul general Sandeep Chakravorty seems to be speaking as a representative of “Hindus” rather than “Indians” and appears to implicitly endorse Israel’s illegal policy – officially condemned by the Government of India – of blockading the Palestinians, placing restrictions on their movement and building Jewish settlements in occupied Palestinian territory.

Speaking of the need for Kashmiri Pandits to return to their homeland – their forced exodus from the Kashmir valley in 1990 following the onset of the insurgency there is widely acknowledged as one of the great injustices of independent India, on par with the massacre of Sikhs in November 1984 and the mass killing of Muslims in Gujarat in 2002 – Chakravorty said: “Kashmiri culture is Indian culture is Hindu culture… None of us can imagine an India without Kashmir,” he said, to claps from the audience.

India had “made a strategic blunder of thinking that all of us think like us”, he added referring to a previous speaker who had mentioned that India takes along all religions. “We should start thinking like the others. [That is] the only way we can beat them at their game… and that thinking is coming,” he added. “We have never used our strength as majority community…. we have never [made] use of our Hindu culture… ancient civilisation in diplomacy. Now that we are using it, people are having problems”.

Praising the Indian government’s decision of August 5, he said, “We have not taken such a big international risk only for an amendment”. He added that the Indian government had successfully managed to “stall” international criticism. “I believe the security conditions in Jammu and Kashmir will improve, it will allow the refugees to go back, and in your lifetime, you will be able to go back,” said Chakravarty.

The diplomat stated that they “will be able to find security, because we already have a model in the world”. He asserted that the Indian government should also follow the policy of Israel, though he did not elaborate on which aspect or even its relevance – since Israel’s policies are those of a foreign occupier while India’s official stance is that Kashmir is an integral part of the country. “I don’t know why we don’t follow it. It has happened in the Middle East. If the Israeli people can do it, we can also do it”, he said.
https://thewire.in/diplomacy/indian-diplomat-wants-israel-model-in-kashmir-sets-off-controversy

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
YY is normally reliable but not sure about his contacts in Kashmir. Anyway:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@The Man Himself
Needed your help to understand something - today Amit Shah said that CAB is necessary because Congress divided nation on religious lines. What was he referring to? I do not understand the RSS/BJP view of history so I'm missing it, was hoping you could clarify.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
@The Man Himself
Needed your help to understand something - today Amit Shah said that CAB is necessary because Congress divided nation on religious lines. What was he referring to? I do not understand the RSS/BJP view of history so I'm missing it, was hoping you could clarify.
RSS view point is that the partition should never have happened hence why they even now harp on about 'Akhand Bharat' which means the whole of Bangladesh, Pakistan and even parts of some other nations included to mark contours of some mythical Indian kingdom that supposedly existed as a single entity before British rule.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
RSS view point is that the partition should never have happened hence why they even now harp on about 'Akhand Bharat' which means the whole of Bangladesh, Pakistan and even parts of some other nations included to mark contours of some mythical Indian kingdom that supposedly existed as a single entity before British rule.
Yes, but from the history I understand, the Britishers and Muslim League were the main forces behind partition. Even Savarkar, though he opposed partition because he wanted akhand bharat, himself believed in 2-nation theory. I don't see how anyone can make it primarily the action of Congress.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Yes, but from the history I understand, the Britishers and Muslim League were the main forces behind partition. Even Savarkar, though he opposed partition because he wanted akhand bharat, himself believed in 2-nation theory. I don't see how anyone can make it primarily the action of Congress.
Don't know about that. Just know what they claim to believe right now. Partition (just like the Kashmir problem) is painted as primarily if not solely being the fault of Nehru (in some closed quarters Gandhi is also blamed for the same, genesis behind Pragya's recent remarks).

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Muslim League opposes the bill because it divides India on religious grounds :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Is there a shortage of onions in India? Maybe we could send you guys onions and you could send us tomatoes? That sounds sensible; won't happen in Pak-Ind scenario.
Yes. Turkey is now exporting to India.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Is there a shortage of onions in India? Maybe we could send you guys onions and you could send us tomatoes? That sounds sensible; won't happen in Pak-Ind scenario.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...aden-trucks-accident/articleshow/72431181.cms

Onion robbery is now a major criminal offence :)

Partition (just like the Kashmir problem) is painted as primarily if not solely being the fault of Nehru (in some closed quarters Gandhi is also blamed for the same, genesis behind Pragya's recent remarks).
It was mostly Patel who was the driver behind the partition bill...which is ironic considering how BJP like him over Nehru.

RedTiger

Half mast
@The Man Himself
Berba, it's a lost cause trying to understand the motivations of the BJP or their view of history.