India politics thread

coolredwine

lameredboots
Why don't they put all the Muslims in concentration camps and be done with it?
How will they demonise and vilify the protests then?

I am afraid now that the temple issue has been resolved, the CAA-NRC has been created which will drag on for years and play the same role for BJP like the temple did.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why don't they put all the Muslims in concentration camps and be done with it?
If there are no Muslims, then what would be their agenda for their next elections?
I know they would like Hindi as the national language but demonising these many regions in one go in such a short period of time will be difficult

AshRK

If there are no Muslims, then what would be their agenda for their next elections?
I know they would like Hindi as the national language but demonising these many regions in one go in such a short period of time will be difficult
Hindi, more like Sanskrit.

AshRK

I don't dispute any of what you said. Basically what you seem to be suggesting that we should all be disappointed at the government and but if protests turn violent, then they are nefarious and should be stopped. Your tolerance seems to be much higher for the government which perpetrated the entire argument and almost zero for dissenting people who were put in that position by the government themselves
But the same can be said by me that you have zero tolerance for the government( which by the way is fine) but accept anything done by the protesters. I don't see any modi hater condemning what people like Sharjeel Islam is sprouting or the buses being burnt or stones being thrown at public transport. People defend those action and blame the government. I am like how is burning buses justified. Similarly how is openly asking for India to be divided and asking muslim brothers to cut off assam so that national soldiers who are in north east cannot get food be justified. Like I said everything cannot be black and white. Either you have to be completely a modi hater or a modi supporter doesn't make sense.

coolredwine

lameredboots
But the same can be said by me that you have zero tolerance for the government( which by the way is fine) but accept anything done by the protesters. I don't see any modi hater condemning what people like Sharjeel Islam is sprouting or the buses being burnt or stones being thrown at public transport. People defend those action and blame the government. I am like how is burning buses justified. Similarly how is openly asking for India to be divided and asking muslim brothers to cut off assam so that national soldiers who are in north east cannot get food be justified. Like I said everything cannot be black and white. Either you have to be completely a modi hater or a modi supporter doesn't make sense.
classic whataboutism :lol:

You spelled Imam as Islam. everything okay?

again, literally no one said the bold part, but hey ho.

Spoony

The People's President

Agreed. Folk just can't see grey shades in Hitler too. Personally, I think he was a cock.

MDFC Manager

How will they demonise and vilify the protests then?

I am afraid now that the temple issue has been resolved, the CAA-NRC has been created which will drag on for years and play the same role for BJP like the temple did.
One wonders if BJP was the most unhappy party with the mandir verdict :lol:

Edit: and by extension, the bhakts.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777

Anyone from kerela who can confirm this?

620km human chain seems over exegerrated bs.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
AAP has cornered the traditional vote bank of Congress in Delhi mostly comprised of economically weaker sections. BJP almost always get ~ 30% vote share so no big surprises there. What is interesting that same vote bank of AAP chooses to vote for Modi in GE but switches back to them in assembly one.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He is right about Times Now but anchor's question was pertinent since Kejriwal has kept away from NRC/CAA issue purposely and based the whole campaign on his work.
Ideally don't we wont political parties to campaign on the development work done by them instead of identity politics ? A step in the right direction as far as im concerned.

AAP has cornered the traditional vote bank of Congress in Delhi mostly comprised of economically weaker sections. BJP almost always get ~ 30% vote share so no big surprises there. What is interesting that same vote bank of AAP chooses to vote for Modi in GE but switches back to them in assembly one.
AAP vote share is comprised of nearly the entire congress vote share plus most of the neutrals and a bit of the bjp vote share. Bare in mind congress had a higher vote share in delhi than AAP in the lok sabha elections six months ago.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He is right about Times Now but anchor's question was pertinent since Kejriwal has kept away from NRC/CAA issue purposely and based the whole campaign on his work.
For once there is an opposition leader who has some strategic thinking, and counterattacking on the media (whom everyone already hates) when the media tries to ask him qs. Exactly the right strategy.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
For once there is an opposition leader who has some strategic thinking, and counterattacking on the media (whom everyone already hates) when the media tries to ask him qs. Exactly the right strategy.
I see that a few liberals are shitting on kejriwal for not visiting shaheen bagh, however i think his strategy is spot on. People in shaheen bagh are most likely already voting for him and by sticking to his development agenda he casts a wider net. Only an idiot would abandon this strategy and indulge in idealism which will narrow his voter base. He has already stated his views on caa and nrc. Some people who are idealists expect politicians to be the same also and that always ends in disaster for both of them.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Anyone from kerela who can confirm this?

620km human chain seems over exegerrated bs.
It's an exaggeration still a decent turnout mind. Even kids, marriage possession parties, foreigners who were visiting/touring also were asked to be part of it.

Eleven-Eighteen

Nice. This is exactly how the police should do when violence is done by rioters who destroy public property.

The biased article cherry picks a few of children (and peppers religious connotations) who may or may not be innocent, who got affected in the midst of police crackdown for sympathy.

Burning trains, buses etc and expect sympathy because police used heavy hand approach. Do this in any Islamic country or Western country or china, you will know how you will be dealt with. In India, you can always hide behind religion, minor etc and there will be journalists who cherry pick incidents to sensationalize news.

Now all leftists in the thread who believe whatever propoganda they read, will push up Internet traffic with their replies ;)
@AshRK - this is the problem today. You will rarely if ever hear non-radicalized people (Modi haters) justifying and promoting the words and actions of Islamic radicals when they suggest violence and bigotry. What Shahjeel did is despicable...he needs to be tried.

But then you have people like @redsunited who are such Modi lovers that they believe it is appropriate for the state to use any and all means available to profile people and suppress dissent.

In case you missed it, India's #2 Finance Minister, Anurag Thakur was chanting "shoot the traitors" at his election rally in Delhi. For elected officials to be engaging in such hate mongering is a new low in India

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Shameful to say the least
this is indian mentality, we have to accept that this is what the country is and what the people want. it was summed up nicely in this article: https://www.telegraphindia.com/amp/...a-month/cid/1702363?__twitter_impression=true

the distance between words ("integral part") from the govt, words from the army ("we need re-education camps"), and actions on the ground, treating them as a colonised population not desrving of self-determination, match the hypocrisies of israel and china.

MDFC Manager

@AshRK - this is the problem today. You will rarely if ever hear non-radicalized people (Modi haters) justifying and promoting the words and actions of Islamic radicals when they suggest violence and bigotry. What Shahjeel did is despicable...he needs to be tried.

But then you have people like @redsunited who are such Modi lovers that they believe it is appropriate for the state to use any and all means available to profile people and suppress dissent.

In case you missed it, India's #2 Finance Minister, Anurag Thakur was chanting "shoot the traitors" at his election rally in Delhi. For elected officials to be engaging in such hate mongering is a new low in India
Great post.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Yes it is a good political strategy. Kejriwal has recognised that there is an overlap between his base and Modi fans in the capital. Hence why he rarely attacks Modi now days as well. He was one of the first to welcome Art 370 removal too. He also put the onus on LS loss on Muslims deserting him for Congress, signalling to them that they need to come back to AAP fold for any chance to beat Modi. BJP is desperate to polarise the election around CAA and Shaheen Bagh agitation and Kejriwal has smartly avoided doing so. But it does kind of defeat the purpose of these elections when smart political strategy is to skirt any questions around one of the most burning issues of the day.