India politics thread

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The day started with unprecedented efforts by Kolkata Police to ensure that Modi’s route from the airport to the city was barricaded and closed to protestors. In the end, even that failed, and Modi had to take a helicopter to travel the 16 kilometre distance. Later in the day, the prime minister took the boat down the river Hooghly to visit the Ramakrishna Mission in Belur, thus making sure to avoid protestors again.
https://scroll.in/article/949576/in...-force-modi-to-take-helicopter-to-destination

:lol:

milemuncher777

formerly kid777

Released from the Lucknow district jail on Tuesday after being granted bail last week, Mr. Verma narrated his ordeal to The Hindu and alleged that police physically tortured and insulted him and even threatened to degrade his wife and infant daughter.

Mr. Verma said police scanned his phone, which is still in their custody along with his driver’s licence, and insulted him for having Muslims on his contact list and WhatsApp chats.

A [Muslim] student of mine had wished me on my birthday. They saw the message and asked me why do you know him. Why do you have Muslim names on your phone list? Why are you friends with them? Why do you go with them,” Mr. Verma said.

He alleged the police made degrading remarks about his wife and two-year-old daughter. “Bitha denge kahin, dhande mein laga denge, they said about my wife (We will make your wife a prostitute, we will place her somewhere),” the police allegedly told Mr. Verma. “They would do the same with my two-year-old daughter. The said they would ruin me and my family.”

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This country doesn't deserve kerala and tamil Nadu. fecking disgrace. Just send reds united to Bangalore and we are all happy
Why the feck is TN boxed in with Kerala here? You lot make temples out of movie stars ffs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This country doesn't deserve kerala and tamil Nadu. fecking disgrace. Just send reds united to Bangalore and we are all happy
Yeah that's a drop in ocean. Bangalore is already Chennai II. Its a tough competition between TN and AP though.

redsunited

:lol:
You anti national, go to Pakistan!

Why Bangalore? I had lived in most metros in India including little part of my life in Bangalore peak hour traffic. For the last half my life, been a Londoner though.

Why the feck is TN boxed in with Kerala here? You lot make temples out of movie stars ffs.
Two things blinds the masses of TN.
1. Love for Tamil (especially when Hindi comes into the equation)
2. Film star craze

Is South India now ready to demand independence though?
I dont think any state in South India has that issue. All South Indian state people are proud Indians.

TN people will never ask for Independence.... until the key for chaos, ’language issue’ is touched. Then the hell will break loose.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Candidate from my constituency in upcoming delhi elections. Atleast now i can say that not all of the candidates are either corrupt or criminals or both.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I dont think any state in South India has that issue. All South Indian state people are proud Indians.

TN people will never ask for Independence.... until the key for chaos, ’language issue’ is touched. Then the hell will break loose.
What about eating beef?

AshRK

Candidate from my constituency in upcoming delhi elections. Atleast now i can say that not all of the candidates are either corrupt or criminals or both.
I seriously hope AAP wins the Delhi Election. They have done some good work and deserve another tenure.

redsunited

What about eating beef?
It's like asking what about eating chicken. Means nothing in TN where you can get beef and eat peacefully.
It is seen as a poor man's or drunkards(:rolleyes:) meat food though. As most don't eat due to religious belief and view Cow/Bull as a pet animal, beef has less takers and hence it is the cheapest meat costing much less than chicken (not sure about now, price might have gone up in recent years). Almost all non vegetarian Hindu families dont cook beef at home. Those who want to eat, can get it in fast food shops.

BTW, Where are you from? Why this much curiosity in linking beef with TN?

Last edited: