India politics thread

coolredwine

lameredboots
That happened in 2001. To all the posters claiming lawlessness and all that stuff, do look up who was in power in UP since 2001 onwards.

Seriously guys, I get it that this is an extra judicial killing and likely that politicians and police will have been involved.

But take off your blinkers for a minute. The world suddenly didn't change post 2014. Its always been bad. UP has always had a terrible law and order situation. By just making this a BJP and bhakt issue you're becoming parodies of what you abhor.
True, UP has always had a law and order problem. Should just dissolve the state assembly and make it a UT to solve all issues.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That happened in 2001. To all the posters claiming lawlessness and all that stuff, do look up who was in power in UP since 2001 onwards.

Seriously guys, I get it that this is an extra judicial killing and likely that politicians and police will have been involved.

But take off your blinkers for a minute. The world suddenly didn't change post 2014. Its always been bad. UP has always had a terrible law and order situation. By just making this a BJP and bhakt issue you're becoming parodies of what you abhor.
I have never claimed that gunda raj in up started with the yogi govt. It existed even before and was rightly called out by various people and the bloody media. However, the difference is that bhakts and the media are of the opinion that after yogi came gunda raj ended in up and ram raj was ushered in, they're the ones with the blinkers.

Member 60376

Excellent read.

It is de facto ceding of territory and at the same time respecting the so called confidence building measures. A complete contradiction.

This has been our modus operandi for decades through multiple governments. Its never worked it never will but they still keep on doing the same thing.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
found a hindutva anti-trump guy probbably living in florida in my favourite place (youtube comments)

Suv666

Cant see Congress getting elected for at least a decade. Gandhi's are fine with it as long as they remain in power.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Building a new party with national outreach in a country like ours is almost impossible. Even if you found the motivated leaders who want to do so, they'd be crushed in infancy and hustled out by the heavyweights by hook or crook. Those in power are too powerful to let anyone take a piece of the cake.

So what do you do as a voter when you see the Government choose dick measuring propaganda over actual safeguarding of borders and national security? What can you do when secularism itself faces blatant abuse? When majority of media seems like party propaganda and misinformation is rampant by design? You may look at Congress and see the corrupt, inept and selfish 'leaders' who are content with the power of the opposition and have no real desire to change or help the nation. Will you vote for a Gandhi again, so you can avoid bhakt-raj?

I chose to vote for my regional party TRS instead, both for State and for Centre. These are the people I see affecting my city and improving the society I live in, so I voted for them. Now in the wake of their Covid based deception, I feel like it's the same question all over again just on a regional level. KCR will never let another Telangana based party truly rear its head and we are once again left with no options because there is no opposition and there are no checks and balances. So what do we do?

The more I look at US, Brazil or us, the more I feel like democracy is a failed experiment.

Zlatattack

What's the deal with AAP? On paper it seems a good fit for India. Why is it struggling to appeal?

Interval

Level
What's the deal with AAP? On paper it seems a good fit for India. Why is it struggling to appeal?
They're still limited in their reach. Mainly urban, Delhi and around sort of party. No grassroot workers elsewhere and constantly has its image tarnished by "media"

We should just pack it in. It's not surprise that the 4 countries with wannabe dictators, India, US, Brazil and Russia are struggling the most with coronavirus. But unlike US we don't even remotely have a viable alt that can make a fist of things. Ugh

coolredwine

lameredboots
The more I look at US, Brazil or us, the more I feel like democracy is a failed experiment.
Hardly. There are enough countries who are making it work, despite all the attempts otherwise. The problem in India is that 545 people represent 1.38Bn citizens, it's more of a popularity contest than governance nowadays and that decision making is centralised rather than being equal.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
One of the few honest and upright judges who retired recently from the supreme court.

MDFC Manager

Pilot saying that he's not joining BJP is cute. Poor guy doesn't have the numbers by the looks of it.

RedDevil@84

Pilot saying that he's not joining BJP is cute. Poor guy doesn't have the numbers by the looks of it.
He is an idiot. He didn't play his cards right. Scindia did and got his men, money and position.

He maybe forced to give an outside support for BJP while he may get something for himself. His followers will be dissatisfied at the end of all this I think.

RedDevil@84

The pretense has gone now.
There is no need for this. We are officially a banana republic. BJP can openly riot and do horse trading of MLAs/MPs in every state and people will be calling it Chanakya neeti on whatsapp.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He is an idiot. He didn't play his cards right. Scindia did and got his men, money and position.

He maybe forced to give an outside support for BJP while he may get something for himself. His followers will be dissatisfied at the end of all this I think.
What position did Scindia get? He never asked for CM position, he got RS berth along with ministership for his mean. BJP would happily give same to Pilot but he wants CM position.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
What position did Scindia get? He never asked for CM position, he got RS berth along with ministership for his mean. BJP would happily give same to Pilot but he wants CM position.
Scindia got tonnes of monies and a seat in parliament and assurance of some ministry or cm'ship in the future.

He also got to show the middle finger to kamal nath and diggy for fecking with him.

He could have done better but by no means has he got the rough end of the stick. Pilot on the other hand....

AshRK

Isn't he still a Congress member. Why is he trolling them? The way they are run is shambolic.

Modi be like "Mitron kuch nahi karna Jo karna hai ye Congress karega aur 2024 fir se Modi sarkar"

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Isn't he still a Congress member. Why is he trolling them? The way they are run is shambolic.

Modi be like "Mitron kuch nahi karna Jo karna hai ye Congress karega aur 2024 fir se Modi sarkar"
Sacked from Congress last week