India politics thread

RedTiger

Half mast
https://indianexpress.com/article/c...h-mosque-krishna-birthplace-katra-keshav-dev/

Actually new evidence from our great researchers shows that Mecca is where Mahabharat was fought so let's remove everything from there too.
The case first came to light on September 26, when a group of devotees and the minor deity moved a civil court, seeking the removal of Idgah mosque
If Krishna turned up personally then I think its apt that his temple be rebuilt.

RedDevil@84

It cannot dent his image. Because much of his fan following is built on

Blatant lies - coming from his mouth and his minions
Hatred - For Congress, Communists, regional parties, all coming from his mouth and his minions
Tag names - nationalists, pseudo-nationalists, sickular, Congi agent, anti-national, urban naxals, Paki agent, tukde tukde gang etc etc
Fear mongering - Muslims are taking over, Sharia law is coming, Hindu Gods are being mocked, Hindus are being harassed in Kerala, sadhus are being killed

So it is difficult to leave the cult group. Even if you put forward any actual criticism, other cultists will put you in one of the buckets with fancy tag names which will make you irrelevant, if not someone to be ostracized .

Zlatattack

No, but do tell
There isnt one, but that didn't stop Sanghi twitter and sanghi media creating one. They basically fell for a twitter prank and a lot of blue tick Indian accounts were reporting about the start of civil war in Karachi.

Pakistani twitter had fun with it. See #PakistanCivilWar.

Zlatattack

Although there was some backdrop to it.

The opposition did a rally in Karachi at Jinnahs moseleum. You're not supposed to politic inside the tomb itself. They did. A senior opposition leader was arrested. Rumour has it the armed forces coerced the police to arrest him (as the police in that Province is under the control of the PPP who are an opposition party.

A lot of hoohaa on Pakistani media.m, so police chiefs are taking leave to get over the insult apparently.

Given this backdrop a Pakistani twitter account started tweeting about clashes between police and the army. Nothing of the sort happened... But that's never stopped twitter.

coolredwine

lameredboots
There isnt one, but that didn't stop Sanghi twitter and sanghi media creating one. They basically fell for a twitter prank and a lot of blue tick Indian accounts were reporting about the start of civil war in Karachi.

:lol:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Well that's just a regular day then

Suv666

Its going to be worse when people start with the fireworks during Diwali. I remember last year the AQI was literally off the charts i.e passed the sensors upper limit.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Its going to be worse when people start with the fireworks during Diwali. I remember last year the AQI was literally off the charts i.e passed the sensors upper limit.
I remember, all monitoring stations across delhi had 999.

Ive got air purifiers in every room and common areas like living room and kitchen. Because of that the pollution these days is below 30 inside the rooms and around 60-80 in the common areas, if all the windows and doors are shut then it goes below 10.

No one gives a flying feck though, the people who can afford air purifiers have them and those who cant don't care. Sab changa si!

Foxbatt

India needs a sensible PM who knows what he is doing is good for the country and not for a selected minority of people. I really do not understand how a country like India can elect someone like Modi as PM and also people like that Swami Subramaniam as Ministers?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
India needs a sensible PM who knows what he is doing is good for the country and not for a selected minority of people. I really do not understand how a country like India can elect someone like Modi as PM and also people like that Swami Subramaniam as Ministers?
swamy is not a minister. i doubt he will be even given a nomination to rajya sabha (parliament's upper house) next time, unless the bjp is scared of losing some online supporters (where he has a massive and somewhat independent following).
ever since he realised he wasn't going to be in the cabinet he has been criticising the govt's economic policies - he personlly hated modi's first finance minister.

Foxbatt

swamy is not a minister. i doubt he will be even given a nomination to rajya sabha (parliament's upper house) next time, unless the bjp is scared of losing some online supporters (where he has a massive and somewhat independent following).
ever since he realised he wasn't going to be in the cabinet he has been criticising the govt's economic policies - he personlly hated modi's first finance minister.
Sorry I thought he was one the way he was acting and commenting on everything. I think he is a right wing nutjob.

Suv666

I remember, all monitoring stations across delhi had 999.

Ive got air purifiers in every room and common areas like living room and kitchen. Because of that the pollution these days is below 30 inside the rooms and around 60-80 in the common areas, if all the windows and doors are shut then it goes below 10.

No one gives a flying feck though, the people who can afford air purifiers have them and those who cant don't care. Sab changa si!
Thankfully I've moved to my hometown from NCR due to the covid, here the pollution is not as bad as Delhi. Still the air is heavy with noxious pollutants and my brother's bronchitis keeps acting up because of it. Every year it keeps getting worse, unbelievable this is carrying on without any government intervention. How hard it can it be, stopping all the stubble burning? Govt dont give two fecks.

How much did the purifier cost you? They're quite expensive but given the state of things, thinking about investing in one or two.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Thankfully I've moved to my hometown from NCR due to the covid, here the pollution is not as bad as Delhi. Still the air is heavy with noxious pollutants and my brother's bronchitis keeps acting up because of it. Every year it keeps getting worse, unbelievable this is carrying on without any government intervention. How hard it can it be, stopping all the stubble burning? Govt dont give two fecks.

How much did the purifier cost you? They're quite expensive but given the state of things, thinking about investing in one or two.
Hopefully masks help this time around.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

I live in a village in South India. You are welcome to my home

Suv666

I live in a village in South India. You are welcome to my home
Thanks man. Would love to visit someday when this Covid thing is over. Find myself increasingly agreeing with South Indians on the internet anyway, given the toxic state of politics in North India.

Suv666

Hopefully masks help this time around.
Surgical masks arent all that when it comes to pollutants like PM 2.5 (which is all I have), you need N99's and N95's for that. I'm not sure if N's are available right now but last I checked they were all out of stock and Amazon is filled with counterfeit N masks. I'll ask around my local medical shops maybe they are back in.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I have the Philips 2887/20 in all the bedrooms, i got them for 15k per unit. Then i have the Mi Air Purifier 3 in the common areas, i got them for 10k per unit. I accumulated them over a period of 3 years.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Thanks man. Would love to visit someday when this Covid thing is over. Find myself increasingly agreeing with South Indians on the internet anyway, given the toxic state of politics in North India.
If south India were a separate country would it have the highest per capita in the region ?

Suv666

If south India were a separate country would it have the highest per capita in the region ?
India as a whole would be better off if they decided to boot off UP and Bihar. The population growth and the regressive attitude of these two states alone is holding the nation back.