India politics thread

Nickelodeon

Anyone who has got himself or his parents vaccinated?

Thinking of getting my mom vaccinated but she wants only Covishield. Is there any way to make sure she gets that? She would legit walk out if they try to administer Covaxin
My parents and in-laws have taken their first shots and all of them had Covishield. Not sure if there’s a trick to it, but try and find out the experiences of the people who are vaccinated in your area. In my limited experience, I gathered that most hospitals have either Covishield or Covaxin but not both. Ideally, you should be able to infer which hospitals in your areas are providing Covishield shots.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
And now we're seeing reports of EVMs being found in BJP vehicles :D
Now imagine if trump had found a single ballot box in a democrats car the night after voting, we might be witnessing a civil war by now. But here its business as usual.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Beginning to look like WB will fall to Bjp, guessing the 8 stage polling plus dear leader campaigning on polling days has put the final nail in the coffin.
Seems to be quite a lot of discontent against her too:

Motabhai's booth management has been good, which is not easy in Bengal:

I guess Central police answers directly to him, so he can do what's needed.

The Assam EVM excuse is hilarious. Dog ate my homework level stuff.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Now imagine if trump had found a single ballot box in a democrats car the night after voting, we might be witnessing a civil war by now. But here its business as usual.

Why go that far. Just imagine if a ballot box was found with INC/AAP/TMC/CPI, the usual lapdogs would have screeched like there’s no tomorrow.

Suv666

My parents and in-laws have taken their first shots and all of them had Covishield. Not sure if there’s a trick to it, but try and find out the experiences of the people who are vaccinated in your area. In my limited experience, I gathered that most hospitals have either Covishield or Covaxin but not both. Ideally, you should be able to infer which hospitals in your areas are providing Covishield shots.
Yeah you're right most hospitals are either administrating either Covishield or Covaxin. Thanks.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
So, you were a volunteer?

Jokes aside, who do you think is going to win? Will Didi retain the majority or will BJP win it or something like Maharashtra where Didi forms the govt with support of Congress and Left parties?
My bengali friend is convinced didi is coming back with a thumping victory. But he's a communist leaning tmc supporter. Didi is apparently left of the left :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Anti-Romeo squads in Bengal if BJP is voted to power: Yogi Adityanath

Senior BJP leader Yogi Adityanath Thursday said that anti-Romeo squads will be formed in Bengal if the party is voted to power in the state.

Bengal is not a safe place for women under the present TMC government, Adityanath, also Uttar Pradesh chief minister, said addressing three poll rallies in Hooghly and Howrah districts of West Bengal He said if BJP is voted to power it will stress on women and education.

Anti-Romeo sqauds were launched in Uttar Pradesh to ensure safety of women soon after Adityanath assumed power in 2017. West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and her party, the TMC have often referred to the Hathras gangrape case to mock at Adityanath government's policing for women and the law and order situation in BJP-ruled Uttar Pradesh.

Adityanath claimed that Banerjee has no compassion for the youth, farmers and development. "But she has compassion for the TMC goons" .

"Here in Bengal, TMC is all for appeasement for the sake of vote bank. Mamata Banerjee supports cow slaughter. In UP cow slaughter is not allowed. If anybody is found to be involved in it, the person goes to jail", Adityanath said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citi...to-power-yogi-adityanath-101617886075088.html

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
US Navy challenges India’s excessive maritime claims at Lakshadweep islands

New Delhi/Washington: The US Navy carried out a “freedom of navigation” operation in India’s exclusive economic zone (EEZ) near Lakshadweep Islands earlier this week, without New Delhi’s prior consent, to challenge what the US said were India’s “excessive” maritime claims, a official US statement said.

The operation was conducted by guided missile destroyer USS John Paul Jones on Wednesday, April 7, a statement by the commander of the US Seventh Fleet said.

The US Navy said it had “asserted navigational rights and freedoms approximately 130 nautical miles west of Lakshadweep Islands, inside India’s exclusive economic zone without requesting India’s prior consent”, saying further it had “challenged India’s excessive maritime claims”. The US Seventh Fleet claimed this operation was “consistent with international law”.

Reacting to this on Friday evening, India said it had raised its concerns with the US through diplomatic channels, adding that the US warship’s movements had been continuously monitored. New Delhi made it clear that international law did not permit a nation to carry out military manoeuvres, especially involving weapons, in the EEZ and continental shelf without the consent of the concerned coastal state.

The US announcement is being seen by observers as nothing short of a mystifying attempt to humiliate India, which is a strategic partner of the US in the four-nation “Quad” that supports freedom of navigation in international waters. There is also speculation that it may be part of an American attempt to placate China at India’s expense. The Americans have been operating their warships in the South China Sea as well, which has angered Beijing in the recent past.

It is not the first time that the US Navy has conducted such an operation in India’s EEZ. The US defence department publishes an annual Freedom of Navigation Report “identifying the excessive maritime claims that US forces operationally challenged”. The last time the US Navy conducted such an operation was 2019. In an unclassified report to the US Congress in July 2020, the US Navy said it conducted an operation in the Indian Ocean region during the period from October 1, 2018, through September 30, 2019, to preserve the rights, freedoms, and uses of the sea and airspace guaranteed to all nations by international law.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/wor...s-excessive-maritime-claims-at-lakshadwe.html

I see this incident is not getting traction in the media, all the fake nationalists have crept back into the woodwork like termites without questioning the govt on this transgression. The same thing happened with ladhak incident where china is still holding onto Indian territory.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Rebellion in our local WhatsApp group:

If I Stay At Home
If I Don't Go Out For Money Making Activities ;

Who ;
The Prime Minister Of Bharat Rashtr Going To Feed Me And My Family Members

Who ;
One Of Richest Looters , Read Businessman ,
Mr Mukesh Ambani ,
Mr Gautam Adani ,
ITC Inc ,
Babaji Inc , etc
All These Money Hoarders Are They Going To Feed Me And My Family Members SOS

It's High Time To Stop Being An Andha Bhakt ,
And Start Being A Sanatan Vedic Dharm Bhakt
And Start Being A Sanatan Vedic Rashtr Bhakt SOS

Prime Minister + BJP + Elected Ministers + Supreme Court Are Not Equal To ;
Are Not Bigger Than Sanatan Vedic Dharm SOS

ll Om ll

Emojis at the bottom aren't displaying, it's a dozen folded haha, Indian flag, trishul, saffron flag, and israeli flag :lol:

MDFC Manager

Rebellion in our local WhatsApp group:

If I Stay At Home
If I Don't Go Out For Money Making Activities ;

Who ;
The Prime Minister Of Bharat Rashtr Going To Feed Me And My Family Members

Who ;
One Of Richest Looters , Read Businessman ,
Mr Mukesh Ambani ,
Mr Gautam Adani ,
ITC Inc ,
Babaji Inc , etc
All These Money Hoarders Are They Going To Feed Me And My Family Members SOS

It's High Time To Stop Being An Andha Bhakt ,
And Start Being A Sanatan Vedic Dharm Bhakt
And Start Being A Sanatan Vedic Rashtr Bhakt SOS

Prime Minister + BJP + Elected Ministers + Supreme Court Are Not Equal To ;
Are Not Bigger Than Sanatan Vedic Dharm SOS

ll Om ll

Emojis at the bottom aren't displaying, it's a dozen folded haha, Indian flag, trishul, saffron flag, and israeli flag :lol:
Wow :lol:

Wonder if the wheels are being set in motion for sasta vin Diesel's promotion to PM

Suv666

After successfully evading Covid for a year the mf has finally caught upto me. This second wave is fecking deadly guys, I hear about some friend or relative getting hospitalised everyday.
Stay extra vigilant

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Covid accelerates India's millionaire exodus.

Hounding by the taxman was just one reason for his move, says Rahul. His decision was also prompted by a growing trend of "divide and rule politics" in India, he told us. He didn't want his kids to grow up in India's increasingly polarised environment.

Many others in his circle of wealthy friends were also renouncing their citizenship or resident status, he added.

These claims are borne out by figures from the wall-street investment bank Morgan Stanley. A 2018 bank report found that 23,000 Indian millionaires had left the country since 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-56659615

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
After successfully evading Covid for a year the mf has finally caught upto me. This second wave is fecking deadly guys, I hear about some friend or relative getting hospitalised everyday.
Stay extra vigilant
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Stay strong.

My wife got it in November but given we've got part timers coming in, worried about this second wave.

RedDevil@84

Stay extra vigilant
Take care and hope you recover soon.

My sister was confirmed positive 2 days back. Pretty much 2-3 of her neighbours have declared that they tested positive. And that is only the people who have been forthcoming with the information.
Many other neighbours may have got it, but chose to not tell people, because they wanted to go out and do their daily stuff.

Sultan

Stay extra vigilant
Hope and pray you and your loved ones recover quickly.

Sultan

Many other neighbours may have got it, but chose to not tell people, because they wanted to go out and do their daily stuff.
Is it just about being able to carry on as normal?

I had a feeling (nothing scientific or factual) some Asians in the UK were embarrassed about being Covid positive. This was especially the case earlier in the outbreak.

RedDevil@84

True for big cities. Many people live in apartments, communities rather than a house of their own. So if they inform others that one of their family member has tested Covid positive, then the folks running the apartment will try to ensure that everyone in the family stays quarantined.
So many people try to avoid the nuisance that it causes.

Suv666

Thanks everyone.
I'm a bit better now. The fever is gone and the coughing has subsided.

Its unbelievable the underreporting of death, just a casual glance at your local crematorium will prove how fecking bs the numbers are. There are literally queues outside.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
BJP Leader Bhide Guruji: Only gandu log (assholes) are infected by covid (:lol:)

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Covid accelerates India's millionaire exodus.

Hounding by the taxman was just one reason for his move, says Rahul. His decision was also prompted by a growing trend of "divide and rule politics" in India, he told us. He didn't want his kids to grow up in India's increasingly polarised environment.

Many others in his circle of wealthy friends were also renouncing their citizenship or resident status, he added.

These claims are borne out by figures from the wall-street investment bank Morgan Stanley. A 2018 bank report found that 23,000 Indian millionaires had left the country since 2014.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-56659615
Ive seen a few consultancies spring up recently who's sole job is to advice rich people how to acquire citizenship through investment.

Bestie07

Thanks everyone.
I'm a bit better now. The fever is gone and the coughing has subsided.

Its unbelievable the underreporting of death, just a casual glance at your local crematorium will prove how fecking bs the numbers are. There are literally queues outside.
My father went to the funeral of his colleague, who passed away due to Covid, yesterday. This is in Lucknow by the way. Their were queues several hours long for cremation. The person in charge at the "Shamshaan Ghat" told him that he hasn't seen as many deaths in his thirty years than he has in the last week. And things are only going to get worse.

And yes, there is severe underreporting of deaths going on.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/utt...eported-cremations-vs-government-data-2413690

Suv666

My father went to the funeral of his colleague, who passed away due to Covid, yesterday. This is in Lucknow by the way. Their were queues several hours long for cremation. The person in charge at the "Shamshaan Ghat" told him that he hasn't seen as many deaths in his thirty years than he has in the last week. And things are only going to get worse.

And yes, there is severe underreporting of deaths going on.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/utt...eported-cremations-vs-government-data-2413690
I'm in Lucknow as well.
Its also very hard to get tested here. Both the deaths and infection numbers are pure fiction. Actual numbers are twice or thrice of what is being reported.

RedTiger

Half mast

I had a feeling (nothing scientific or factual) some Asians in the UK were embarrassed about being Covid positive. This was especially the case earlier in the outbreak.
I can back this with personal anecdotes as well. My sister in law came down bad 4 days ago but she refused to get tested or tell people she'd been in contact with. She phoned my wife yesterday and cried that she couldn't breath or get out of bed to eat, my wife told her that she'd cook for her if she notified the NHS and other people she's been around.

MDFC Manager

People should read the demonitisation thread again for an action replay of how this is going to look.
Haha, still ringing true for episode 2...

Reading back the posts re the Tablighi situation from around this time last year is pretty interesting, given the super (mega?) spreading going on in Haridwar :wenger:

Bestie07

Haha, still ringing true for episode 2...

Reading back the posts re the Tablighi situation from around this time last year is pretty interesting, given the super (mega?) spreading going on in Haridwar :wenger:
What is going on there is utter stupidity. My neighbour passed away last night due to Covid, his family spent the last two days of his life searching for any hospital that would admit him and the last few hours were spent searching for ventilator support - none were available. We just don't have the health infrastructure to support the increasing caseload and allowing super spreader events like the Kumbh mela should be nothing short of criminal.

coolredwine

lameredboots
What is going on there is utter stupidity. My neighbour passed away last night due to Covid, his family spent the last two days of his life searching for any hospital that would admit him and the last few hours were spent searching for ventilator support - none were available. We just don't have the health infrastructure to support the increasing caseload and allowing super spreader events like the Kumbh mela should be nothing short of criminal.
Scenes are absolutely grim from different cities. :( Not sure how they plan to continue without shutting down things again.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What is happening is genuinely heartbreaking. I am so scared for my parents right now. The level of apathy from the government is just absolutely pathetic. I have a lot of issues with Boris Johnson but when the UK was hit badly he focussed on this only & gave daily press conferences answering a lot of relatively tough questions . On the other hand the Indian prime minister is tweeting about his election rallies while my twitter timeline is full of people trying to help each other with hospital bed , oxygen and medicines.