India politics thread

DM07

He is trying his best to kill us all. Even foreign aid is gathering dust at airports:

https://scroll.in/article/993973/wh...s-that-have-landed-in-delhi-in-last-five-days

I really don't get the BJP's endgame here. The level of ineptitude and incompetence is shocking. Only 260mn doses of vaccine ordered for a population which needs over 2bn doses, half of which were ordered just last week. Foreign aid gathering dust for a week because of non clearance of customs. Health minister constantly promoting quackery and alternate medicines. Organizing religious gathering of millions which would first kill people from your own votebank. No sincere attempts to actually control the pandemic. Sometimes you really feel that the PM just wants to see the country burn, irrespective of whether those who are burning are voting for him or not.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I really don't get the BJP's endgame here. The level of ineptitude and incompetence is shocking. Only 260mn doses of vaccine ordered for a population which needs over 2bn doses, half of which were ordered just last week. Foreign aid gathering dust for a week because of non clearance of customs. Health minister constantly promoting quackery and alternate medicines. Organizing religious gathering of millions which would first kill people from your own votebank. No sincere attempts to actually control the pandemic. Sometimes you really feel that the PM just wants to see the country burn, irrespective of whether those who are burning are voting for him or not.
Commerce minister tweeting Fast & Furious promos.

RedDevil@84

There is only one end game. Be in power as long as possible in all states and centre.

They came in with a promise of more governance, less government. But it was all lies. They didn't bother to fix any bureaucracy or anything that will change things on the ground. They didn't care about education or health. All they cared about was elections in various states. The centre was full time running from one state to another giving speeches and organizing election rallies. They were busy collecting states, buying MLAs and creating riots and jailing/harassing any critics.
The PM filled his cabinet with incompetent fools, who were there because they were a bunch of Yes men/women. Meanwhile they bought of people in various departments including judiciary (third pillar) and media (fourth pillar), weakened RTI, destroyed public sector, forced banks into increasing NPA, made party donations more opaque so that no one would be able to track the money coming in. They basically legalized corruption.

Having done nothing to improve any sectors in last 7 years, it all came to a head and then they are doing what they have done for ages. Run away and blame others. The bureaucracy is still behaving how they did for ages. Stall everything and not sign off on anything. After all hope is lost, PM and his stooges will position themselves as a saviour by doing something symbolic.
And by some dumb luck, if the Covid position eases, then they will jump and claim Modi saved India. They are just waiting for that moment.

Suv666

Its apathy. They dont care anymore because the mindless drones will vote for him anyway. Look at what is happening right now. They have successfully communalised a political clash and made it Hindus vs Muslim. This incident will dominate the news cycle and the air waves until the second wave is over. Political vendetta has become a religious one. The mindless zombies will rally around Fanta Brigade while he shouts " Hindu Khatre mein hai".
Job done.

DM07

There is only one end game. Be in power as long as possible in all states and centre.

They came in with a promise of more governance, less government. But it was all lies. They didn't bother to fix any bureaucracy or anything that will change things on the ground. They didn't care about education or health. All they cared about was elections in various states. The centre was full time running from one state to another giving speeches and organizing election rallies. They were busy collecting states, buying MLAs and creating riots and jailing/harassing any critics.
The PM filled his cabinet with incompetent fools, who were there because they were a bunch of Yes men/women. Meanwhile they bought of people in various departments including judiciary (third pillar) and media (fourth pillar), weakened RTI, destroyed public sector, forced banks into increasing NPA, made party donations more opaque so that no one would be able to track the money coming in. They basically legalized corruption.

Having done nothing to improve any sectors in last 7 years, it all came to a head and then they are doing what they have done for ages. Run away and blame others. The bureaucracy is still behaving how they did for ages. Stall everything and not sign off on anything. After all hope is lost, PM and his stooges will position themselves as a saviour by doing something symbolic.
And by some dumb luck, if the Covid position eases, then they will jump and claim Modi saved India. They are just waiting for that moment.
I understand your point. The want to be in power as long as possible no matter what. But surely for that they need to end the pandemic quickly. The longer this goes on and more the people die, its going to harm Modi's image. Its in his best interest to end the pandemic quickly without minimum fatalities. But there is almost an intentional lack of action to do anything to stop this pandemic. I would understand if it was localised to opposition based states but its throughout the entire country.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

I agree with everything you've said.

DM07

BTW one has to appreciate the BJP IT cell's reach. Friends and acquaintances in their 20's who are usually non-political (read ignorant and privileged), who didn't give a feck about so many wrongs of the BJP government in the past 7 years because it didn't affect them directly are now posting images of Bengal Violence on their instagram stories with hashtags like deathofdemocracy. Its remarkable how the well-educated and successful have been so easily fooled by the BJP propaganda machine.

Suv666

@pratyush_utd are you going to apologise for posting your fake Whatsapp forwards on this thread and then accusing me of normalising sexual violence?

Oh and clearly you cant tell the difference between propaganda and actual news.

RedDevil@84

I understand your point. The want to be in power as long as possible no matter what. But surely for that they need to end the pandemic quickly. The longer this goes on and more the people die, its going to harm Modi's image. Its in his best interest to end the pandemic quickly without minimum fatalities. But there is almost an intentional lack of action to do anything to stop this pandemic. I would understand if it was localised to opposition based states but its throughout the entire country.
They do not know what to do now. So they asked states to contact Poonawala directly. Now he had to fled the country as CM goons have threatened to get his head chopped off if he doesn't give them vaccine in time. They are just hoping that things will calm down on it's own.

Anyways, elections are not there for another few years. Lots of time to provoke Pakistan related sentiment or few new temples.

They also know that they need to just sweep the Hindi belt to capture power.
If you capture UP, MP, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Bihar, then all you need is something from other big states like Maharashtra, WB, Karnataka, AP etc. This is easily achievable with some coalition

RedTiger

Half mast

MDFC Manager

The vista project is important though. Once the parliament is enlarged, representative seats can be increased which will mean if BJP can win a handful of northern states then they'll never lose power ever again.
Oh my word, I never even looked at it that way :lol:

Of course. Every big project needs a sacrifice. Be it a grand temple or a grand parliament. And it is usually the helpless and vulnerable that get sacrificed.
Yes, such a monumental waste.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Can someone give me an unbiased explanation of the various parties. Are they voted on religious lines? Is violence normal in politics there? How can they run political ballots when COVID is rife?

all I know is what I see in the news here in Ireland. It appears that your PM and those close to him have totally underestimated covid and the effects.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
But some random Arunesh and Rakesh with an Indian flag on twitter is a very reliable source
It's happening with permission of West Bengal police. So not sure they are the right source for anything right now. Have said the same about Delhi and UP police in the past. This thread would be blowing up random tweets if it was happening in BJP state. I was hesitant to post random video but the video not only looked authentic but were horrific in nature. It doesn't matter if it is Abdullah or Rakesh with Indian flag is tweeting it. Not everything has to come out from Ravish Kumar twitter for people to believe.

Videos don't lie. Do you think looking at that mob that they wouldn't commit sexual violence? It doesn't matter if few reports may not get collaborated but there is plenty of evidence of what is happening on the ground. Be honest, this isn't you vs me. Tomorrow it could be a reality for us too. Anyway this is the last I am going to discuss about West Bengal State sponsored violence when not a single one here is interested in.

Basically what will happen now is one incident might get proven to be not true out of hundreds and then whole ecosystem will pin this on the other side.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Can someone give me an unbiased explanation of the various parties. Are they voted on religious lines? Is violence normal in politics there? How can they run political ballots when COVID is rife?

all I know is what I see in the news here in Ireland. It appears that your PM and those close to him have totally underestimated covid and the effects.
There is no unbiased explanation. Everyone votes either on religious or caste lines. Go to Souther State then it's on linguistic basis or Dravidian ideology. You can't win a election in India unless you polarize voters on those issue. If you run on purely development issue, you will lose.

Wouldn't say Violence is normal but it does happen after election sometimes but what is happening in Bengal probably hasn't happened in last 30 years.

Election commission doesn't have any authority to provide extension to government when its tenure is over. Since neither central or state government were ready for amicable solution, election was the only option. Another option was President rule but that is basically Central government rule so election was always bound to happen.

Both Central and State government thought Pandemic was over when our cases went down. I know someone who works in Ministry of Health and she mentioned that our scientist basically pleaded to government to ask state not to abandon contact tracing and Covid protocols but Central government just didn't care. Few directives were given but allowed religious congregation and rallies weren't stopped. Farmer protest is still going on so it's not only government. We also went back to normal,just for example in Bangalore there was a huge party in one apartment complex that has resulted in thousands of cases. So it's just collective failure from top to bottom. And one thing Indian politician know is never to accept responsibility because that would end their political career so they all have vanished leaving us to fend for ourselves. They are waiting for pandemic to pass which it will and then it will be back to normal. Losing few hundred thousand people in 1.3 billion population doesn't matter that much to people here.

Carolina Red

Staff
Few directives were given but allowed religious congregation and rallies weren't stopped. Farmer protest is still going on so it's not only government. We also went back to normal,just for example in Bangalore there was a huge party in one apartment complex that has resulted in thousands of cases. So it's just collective failure from top to bottom. And one thing Indian politician know is never to accept responsibility because that would end their political career so they all have vanished leaving us to fend for ourselves. They are waiting for pandemic to pass which it will and then it will be back to normal. Losing few hundred thousand people in 1.3 billion population doesn't matter that much to people here.
I feel your pain. That description seems very familiar. Seems like politicians handling this poorly is as contagious as the virus itself. I’m very sorry y’all are going through that.

RedDevil@84

Videos don't lie
Wtf.. They do a lot. Fake news factory relies on edited videos heavily. And I am not even getting into the "They look like sexual molesters" part. What does that even mean?

And you are missing the point. I don't think anyone wants WB to burn. Or for anyone to die. I doubt if the mad Didi has any fans as such.
After all the goons of TMC were once the goons of the Communist party and if BJP wins WB in future, will be their goons, who will be used to thrash and murder the vulnerable.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There is no unbiased explanation. Everyone votes either on religious or caste lines. Go to Souther State then it's on linguistic basis or Dravidian ideology. You can't win a election in India unless you polarize voters on those issue. If you run on purely development issue, you will lose.

Wouldn't say Violence is normal but it does happen after election sometimes but what is happening in Bengal probably hasn't happened in last 30 years.

Election commission doesn't have any authority to provide extension to government when its tenure is over. Since neither central or state government were ready for amicable solution, election was the only option. Another option was President rule but that is basically Central government rule so election was always bound to happen.

Both Central and State government thought Pandemic was over when our cases went down. I know someone who works in Ministry of Health and she mentioned that our scientist basically pleaded to government to ask state not to abandon contact tracing and Covid protocols but Central government just didn't care. Few directives were given but allowed religious congregation and rallies weren't stopped. Farmer protest is still going on so it's not only government. We also went back to normal,just for example in Bangalore there was a huge party in one apartment complex that has resulted in thousands of cases. So it's just collective failure from top to bottom. And one thing Indian politician know is never to accept responsibility because that would end their political career so they all have vanished leaving us to fend for ourselves. They are waiting for pandemic to pass which it will and then it will be back to normal. Losing few hundred thousand people in 1.3 billion population doesn't matter that much to people here.
I’m very sorry to hear that politicians can’t work together in a time of national emergency, because that’s what it is. People downplaying it or even worse, denying it, makes my bones chill.
Why is India like this? Why can’t everyone work for the betterment of the country?
The last place I worked we had a lot of good colleagues in Bangalore

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
News emerging hospital staff in Gurgaon including 25 doctors and nurses have left the hospital to fend for itself. I've seen videos of people pleading with the police to bring them back to work.

Hearing scientists quoting figures of up to 5 million possible deaths.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
It's happening with permission of West Bengal police. So not sure they are the right source for anything right now. Have said the same about Delhi and UP police in the past. This thread would be blowing up random tweets if it was happening in BJP state. I was hesitant to post random video but the video not only looked authentic but were horrific in nature. It doesn't matter if it is Abdullah or Rakesh with Indian flag is tweeting it. Not everything has to come out from Ravish Kumar twitter for people to believe.

Videos don't lie. Do you think looking at that mob that they wouldn't commit sexual violence? It doesn't matter if few reports may not get collaborated but there is plenty of evidence of what is happening on the ground. Be honest, this isn't you vs me. Tomorrow it could be a reality for us too. Anyway this is the last I am going to discuss about West Bengal State sponsored violence when not a single one here is interested in.

Basically what will happen now is one incident might get proven to be not true out of hundreds and then whole ecosystem will pin this on the other side.
For a guy who keeps saying bjp will ruin this country and keeps hoping Congress can make a return, you sure go to extreme lengths to defend bjp and forward unverified posts as truth and then laugh off rebuttals as 'biased'.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Shame on people like you. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Violence should be condemned and yet here you are with your whataboutery.

How do you guys sleep at night with such a conscience?
You were fine with supporting a party and hoping it would win because it would benefit you by giving you back your land. You've said it repeatedly that it's the only reason you want them to win.

Perhaps you shouldn't be too bothered about hypocrisy

gajender

News emerging hospital staff in Gurgaon including 25 doctors and nurses have left the hospital to fend for itself. I've seen videos of people pleading with the police to bring them back to work.

Hearing scientists quoting figures of up to 5 million possible deaths.
Sultan Bhai couldn't find much info on this could you confirm the hospital name , it could turn into big disaster I hope it isn't true.

gajender

@Sultan found the Video it's just so surreal and the worst part about this crisis is It's inevitability and total indifference and callousness of those in power which has made the complete mess of the situation.

thepolice123

What exactly is going on in India?

Reading some of the tweets would make you think its a Mad Max dystopia out there. :eek:

Suv666

Videos don't lie. Do you think looking at that mob that they wouldn't commit sexual violence? Be honest, this isn't you vs me. Tomorrow it could be a reality for us too. Anyway this is the last I am going to discuss about West Bengal State sponsored violence when not a single one here is interested in.

Yeah BJP owns absolutely everyone in media and they arent able to get hold of this top secret video Pratyush has acquired.

Stop being a WhatsApp uncle.