India politics thread

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
jfc
https://indianexpress.com/article/i...ts-making-oxygen-cylinders-shut-down-7302226/
For lack of oxygen, units making oxygen cylinders shut down

IT seems like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. The ban on industrial oxygen has had a significant fallout: over the past 10 days, production has come to a halt in the country’s largest oxygen cylinder manufacturing units, mostly in Gandhidham, Gujarat.

Reason: these cylinder-manufacturing units were included in the ban on use of industrial oxygen and despite a Ministry of Home Affairs “clarification” on April 27 that liquid oxygen should be supplied to oxygen-cylinder manufacturers, the ban is yet to be lifted.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
about bengal violence: this has happened since the 60s. congress to left, left to congress, left to tmc, tmc to left, and now tmc to bjp.
tmc physically decimated the (very large) organisation of the left after coming to power in 2011, with rapes, lynchings, etc. it never made national news, nobody took it up, and there wasn't even a hint of president's rule or fear of breakdown of law and order.

4 people were shot dead by central forces last month (and we know whose orders the central forces take) and bjp supporters publicly demanded that more should be shot.

Interval

Level
Some good news for some of us:

Examine 'Mumbai Model', learn from it: Supreme Court

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...xygen-crisis-in-delhi/amp-11620204087661.html

In all the scare, it seems to have been missed that Mumbai has been reporting sub-3k cases, fewer deaths and excess capacity for ICUs and hospital beds. Test Positivity rates are sub10pct. I'm sure there's some under reporting, but seems like for the large part we are hopefully done with the second wave.

Don't say this often, but think the munipality here has done a rocking job. I know friends and family who had contacts with potential patients and we're getting daily follow up calls to check.

Fingers crossed this bitch is done with.

zing

Zingle balls
Some good news for some of us:

Examine 'Mumbai Model', learn from it: Supreme Court

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...xygen-crisis-in-delhi/amp-11620204087661.html

In all the scare, it seems to have been missed that Mumbai has been reporting sub-3k cases, fewer deaths and excess capacity for ICUs and hospital beds. Test Positivity rates are sub10pct. I'm sure there's some under reporting, but seems like for the large part we are hopefully done with the second wave.

Don't say this often, but think the munipality here has done a rocking job. I know friends and family who had contacts with potential patients and we're getting daily follow up calls to check.

Fingers crossed this bitch is done with.
Isn't Mumbai under a complete lockdown?

MDFC Manager

The Bengal violence is reminiscent of post partition violence as per BJP. feckers have no shame at all.

MDFC Manager

Typical Tejasvi Surya. No doubt getting celebrated in right wing circles for his regular tirades against muslims.

For anyone after a rough translation of the clip. He's at the Bangalore covid control room and is asking the in-charge what's the hiring/appointment process for the following names and then reels out a list of muslim names. The other guy (local MLA) jumps in to say, who are these guys (the list), are you running a madrassa here?

Like I said, this is typical for Surya and has huge popular support for such anti muslim outbursts. Tells you all you need to know about Bangalore South.

Also worth going thru these slides:

RedDevil@84

Well the citizens of Bengaluru knew very well, that the vast experience this kid had was being a religious bigot. He hardly had any other qualification or experience in politics or public service. You choose a bigot, you get a bigot.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
@Sultan found the Video it's just so surreal and the worst part about this crisis is It's inevitability and total indifference and callousness of those in power which has made the complete mess of the situation.
It's odd there's a news blackout on such a serious incident.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
You gotta translate Zam! Not all of us can read hindi :)
It says PM has initiated an inquiry against few oppo leaders who are currently helping people in getting oxygen cylinders, medicines, beds etc. They want to investigate how they're able to procure stuffs.

Apparently they're rattled because couple of embassies directly asked these opposition leaders for help when they needed oxygen cylinders. Also people linked with Bjp were sending Sos calls to him instead of those in Govt.

Priorities.

Here's the link
https://theprint.in/diplomacy/red-f...ygen-sos-to-youth-congress-apologises/650437/

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

It says PM has initiated an inquiry against few oppo leaders who are currently helping people in getting oxygen cylinders, medicines, beds etc. They want to investigate how they're able to procure stuffs.

Apparently they're rattled because couple of embassies directly asked these opposition leaders for help when they needed oxygen cylinders. Also people linked with Bjp were sending Sos calls to him instead of those in Govt.

Priorities.

Here's the link
https://theprint.in/diplomacy/red-f...ygen-sos-to-youth-congress-apologises/650437/
Nice dig by Mr. Jaishankar on his boss Modiji

iKnowNothing

Anyone here knows what bots are useful in getting vaccine appointments? I'm seeing a lot of people trying out bots to get appointments but no one says which ones helped them :|

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Anyone here knows what bots are useful in getting vaccine appointments? I'm seeing a lot of people trying out bots to get appointments but no one says which ones helped them :|
You can check at around 7:30 in evening every day. That's when the site gets updated daily

Suv666

Under45.in sends Telegram updates based on districts.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I have a particular disguist for blue ticked, in-office leaders tweeting in Hindi - it is a clear feck you to non Hindi speakers. 'We don't care for you, and you don't factor in my decisions'.

English may be colonial legacy, but it does remain the most common tongue across the country, and reaches out to more people.

Southern States were never truly cared for by the Centre, that is common knowledge. This is next level stuff, shameless vote bank politics in the name of 'culture'.

RedDevil@84

Whatsapp uncles desperately asking people to stay united and strongly behind the govt and not fall for divisive forces that are trying to make us hate the govt and accuse them of wrongdoing.
Unsurprisingly, one of the uncles was quick to ask Indians to save the country from crimes like Islamization of Bengal.

Suv666

There is no method to this madness. This whole process is an absolute waste of time.

Cheers @Suv666 I'll take a look at that.
Dont bother. It doesn't work. Cowin has made some changes to their API. These Telegram groups and emails are useless now.

Suv666

What change?
Co-WIN Public APIs to find appointment availabilty and to download vaccination certificates. These APIs are available for use by all third party applications. The appointment availability data is cached and may be upto 30 minutes old. Further, these APIs are subject to a rate limit of 100 API calls per 5 minutes per IP. Please consider these points while using the APIs in your application. For further questions, please visit our Open Tracker on GitHub.
[Updated on 5 May 2021]

Interval

Level
Dont bother. It doesn't work. Cowin has made some changes to their API. These Telegram groups and emails are useless now.
Appts are getting booked out in less than 20 seconds in Mumbai. But it works! I got it. Atleast 30% of my friends did.

ITs just a silly game of fastest fingers first.

I just worry about less tech savvy people