Gaming Indiana Jones (Bethesda)

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

Bethesda said:
A new Indiana Jones game with an original story is in development from our studio, @MachineGames, and will be executive produced by Todd Howard, in collaboration with @LucasfilmGames. It'll be some time before we have more to reveal, but we’re very excited to share today’s news!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Indiana Jones‘ reboots have not gone that well in film, and it’s very well covered in video games. Just get on with Elder Scrolls already.

Chairman Steve

“Executive produced by Todd Howard”

See that boulder? You can climb it!

Can’t wait to see more Todd memes from this announcement :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Machine Games did the new Wolfenstein games. I really enjoyed them although the 2nd wasn’t quite as good

Reditus

When did Bethesda start getting a bad rep? Some of my favourite games from last couple of gens, Doom reboots, dishonored series , Prey and Wolfenstein is a good list imo

obviously a few duds as well, but I’d be confident this could be good

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Please let it be an adventure game. The Fate of Atlantis was soooo good, and really captured a lot of the Indiana Jones spirit and humour.

Reditus

Please let it be an adventure game. The Fate of Atlantis was soooo good, and really captured a lot of the Indiana Jones spirit and humour.
I’m gonna stick my neck out and say that this will not be a point and click adventure game

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Will this be another Skyrim/Fallout reskin?

Chairman Steve

Machine Games did the new Wolfenstein games. I really enjoyed them although the 2nd wasn’t quite as good
It doesnt fill me with confidence if theyre making it. The New Order was okay but every other Wolfenstein they made was shit to me. That Youngblood game looked laughably bad.

I‘d feel more excited if a dev like Rocksteady was making it, and them name dropping Todd as an executive producer means they know they’re going to need a name attached to it to get it hype, even if his involvement is extremely minimal since he’s probably doing Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield.

hubbuh

The inferiority complex has dragged them to new lows, that even now they somehow think EA and Bethseda are brilliant!

I mean, EA and Bethseda :lol:
Didn't Bethesda make DOOM: Eternal? That game is the fecking tits.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I’m gonna stick my neck out and say that this will not be a point and click adventure game
No, I know. :D I expect it'll be more like Tomb Raider. But I would love if it were a little mixed: less straight action without thinking, and more adventure-style figuring things out.

Great game, loved that shit even if it was deeply frustrating at times. :D
There were also the three paths? (Was it three? A lot of fighting, little fighting, hybrid?) Some different locations involved as well. I vaguely remember a submarine scene that you only had if you took the more-fighting path...?)

Ainu

When did Bethesda start getting a bad rep? Some of my favourite games from last couple of gens, Doom reboots, dishonored series , Prey and Wolfenstein is a good list imo

obviously a few duds as well, but I’d be confident this could be good
Their own development studio has been shit for years, but they act as publisher for a number of decent to good Zenimax studios. This isn't developed by Bethesda so it has a chance.

Minkaro

If I don't get to hide in a fridge in this game, I'm demanding my money back.