Television Inside No. 9

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Erm… yeah. That happened. I guess it was highlighting the hypocrisy on both sides of the Brexit debate. With a lot of Christ allegory sprinkled in.

In all, a solid enough season. Ep 3 was the standout for sure.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Solid middle - strange beginning and end.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Starts again tonight for those that are interested. I was a little lukewarm on the previous season, but I'll definitely be tuning in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone still watching this? This current season might have been my favourite of the bunch, outside of the first ep which was a bit eh.

It’s also been renewed for two more seasons!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought the first 4 were a bit meh but the most recent two were decent.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've been enjoying it. There's something about the short anthology style of the episodes that appeals to me, and personally if there's even one or two per series that really strike a chord I can still admire the collection of episodes as a whole solely for the inventiveness of plots and genres that they turn their hands to. The array of interesting British character actors they've worked with is also very cool at this stage.

I've just reminded myself of the whole body of work and though it's clear they hit their stride around series' two, three and four and six is noticeably weaker it's still very watchable. I think this would be my pick for a combined motherfecker of an anthology series (and I've had to leave out some superb stories):

1- The Understudy
2- The 12 Days of Christine
3- The Riddle of the Sphinx
4- Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room
5- Love's Great Adventure
6- Lip Service
7- Kid/Nap

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Christmas special was really good I thought, and the new season has started well.. albeit I feel that first episode could’ve gone on for a little longer!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Tried another stunt ep last night, airing a perfectly produced Lee Mack gameshow instead… only nobody watches TV properly anymore, so most people (like me) will just see it on iPlayer labelled as Inside No9 and just dutifully watch 25 minutes of a fake gameshow waiting for something to happen.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Tried another stunt ep last night, airing a perfectly produced Lee Mack gameshow instead… only nobody watches TV properly anymore, so most people (like me) will just see it on iPlayer labelled as Inside No9 and just dutifully watch 25 minutes of a fake gameshow waiting for something to happen.
:lol: so true. Although for the first few mins I wasn't entirely sure that they hadn't listed a new quiz show in the wrong place. The mum and daughter were not natural enough though even in the early stages.

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed the last two (Love is a Stranger and 3 by 3). Still a good show for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: so true. Although for the first few mins I wasn't entirely sure that they hadn't listed a new quiz show in the wrong place. The mum and daughter were not natural enough though even in the early stages.

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed the last two (Love is a Stranger and 3 by 3). Still a good show for me.
I decided to stop after this episode. The woman being the killer was so obvious a child could’ve written it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I decided to stop after this episode. The woman being the killer was so obvious a child could’ve written it.
I mean yeah the show does suffer from that by design though. You know there's a twist so you're always looking for it. In the one before that I said to the missus
"I bet his wife gets run over now" when she left the house....

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I mean yeah the show does suffer from that by design though. You know there's a twist so you're always looking for it. In the one before that I said to the missus
"I bet his wife gets run over now" when she left the house....
Yeah I guess that’s true. Also predicted that ep 3 part as well. I think it has run its course for me anyway.