Inter failed to pay Lukaku transfer bonus; ManUtd asked for Skriniar or Lautaro to close the deal

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just bring them to court. If it's in the contract, they haven't got a leg to stand on. The money will be needed this summer.

Fecking Italian clubs...

I’d accept inter paying us £20, rather than having Lukaku back :lol:

not surprised to see some clubs struggling with cash flow, but it’s pretty bloody poor when it’s a so called ‘bigger club’.

not interested in players on exchange for the debt, and I seriously doubt that United have even considered it - that big of the story is clearly made up BS, to sell the story.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Neither Skriniar or Martinez are worth anywhere near 50m in today's market.

I smell BS and think if this was really the case, this story would be plastered all over the UK and Italian press.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What bonus was worth £51m?
It was a £5m bonus that they've failed to pay and the stipulation if they failed to pay it was the rest of the fee upfront.

Dante

Average bang
If they can't pay, Inter would probably be forced into selling and passing on the profits.

There are lots of clubs who'd be willing to pay £51m for a 20+ goal per season striker.

Avoiding relegation would save a newly promoted PL club £100m. On that basis alone, he'd be very sellable.

Becks00

If Inter decide to give us Martinez or Skriniar I will give everyone in this thread £100.

As if that’s going to happen :lol:
I guess one can never rule out anything, just in case I am also in the thread .

Raven

I always liked the look of Lautaro when I've watched him play, wouldn't mind him here. Isn't Skriniar quite slow? I think we'd have similar issues to our current lot with him.

Probably all bollocks anyway.

Smores

They'll pay the bonus after some dispute and that will be that. Not quite as exciting as the story being sold though.

CM

We could've at least asked for Hakimi

Adcuth

Other reports that the payment was 1.9mil and they paid it in Jan

SwedishFish

Can picture it now, bailiffs entering the San Siro with Woody in tow, shouting all the electrical equipment he wants to take.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"After a long standoff with Ausilio, who refuses to pay the fee owed, the Bailiffs have uncovered goods to make up for the money owed."

"Lautaro 97 model, should be able to cover at least 'alf"

*puts Martinez in a wheel clamp*

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would prefer Barella but he's a die hard Inter fan so that's pretty unlikely.

Minkaro

If Inter decide to give us Martinez or Skriniar I will give everyone in this thread £100.

As if that’s going to happen :lol:
I don’t think it’s going to happen but I’m posting anyway because I could do with the money :smirk:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Barella or nothing.

But suspect this is a non-story anyway.

Stevondo8

Aren’t inter meant to be building a new stadium? Not the best at financial planning...

spiriticon

Yeah, Inter can pay up every penny of that transfer fee or go to court.

We need that money to strengthen our team in these COVID times.

redshaw

We should seize control and send most of the squad to play for Beckham's Inter Miami.

Keep Martinez

Paul_Scholes18

If Lukaku returns to us due to this and become top scorer in PL seeing us win the league next season I pay the guy paying 100 to everyone 1000 instead.

Matriac

Aye apparently they owed us £16m in/by December 2020 & £40.6m at some point next year so presume this relates to the £16m if it's true.
I thought the Caf told us that we already got this money from Inter and used it to buy Maguire? I mean that's the only reason we signed him late in the window after Lukaku was sold, right?

Mark Pawelek

Neither Skriniar or Martinez are worth anywhere near 50m in today's market.

I smell BS and think if this was really the case, this story would be plastered all over the UK and Italian press.
If we can't balance the debt with one player, take two and pay them the difference. 2 out of Skriniar | Martinez | Brozovic.

Or, take one, and refinance a smaller debt.

Or, give them Telles and take two in return.