Inter failed to pay Lukaku transfer bonus; ManUtd asked for Skriniar or Lautaro to close the deal

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’ll take 100 naked pictures of Marcos Rojo in lieu of £100.

BoltonWanderer

Supports
Bolton Wanderers
The realistic ones among us understand this. Fans though like to imagine the what if scenarios. Nothing wrong with that. As long as they dont get too disappointed by the lack of much activity this summer.
There's obviously plenty of clubs in Europe in financial peril, made worse by the fact they won't have a vaccinated population by next season. That opens things up for a club like United, Bayern Munich, Chelsea etc. I think. The clubs who are struggling will be forced to sell and the richer clubs, especially those who'll have fans back next season, should be looking to take advantage of the situation.

A club like United has to spend £250m to create a title winning team. Better to spend it now on cheaper players than it is to draw it out over several years and get less value for money. Even if it means that the next 2/3 windows have no incomings, that'd be justifiable if you go big this summer to exploit the financial situation abroad.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I mean they have to pay us up one way or another or we can easily take them to court on valid grounds. The same court could well still decide that a player is used to settle the debt if straight cash cannot be offered even if its not Lautaro or Skriniar
Are there any previous examples of a court ordering the transfer of a players registration to settle a debt? I suspect not.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Inter asked for another year to make the payment in June, we accepted, they paid in full less than 2 months later. We've a very good relationship with Inter Milan.

roseguy64

Stuff like this is happening and people expect big transfers between any clubs this summer... :lol:

Inter are in deep trouble by the look of it.
It's like they didn't pay attention to the January window.

We'll only maybe see big money moves in 2022 assuming fans start coming back into stadiums next season.

Red_Orchestra

The only reason that we're asking for either Martinez or Skriniar is because the rest of the Inter players have not been paid in full yet.

Hakimi, Barella, Bastoni, De Vrij, Eriksen etc , all still have an outstanding transfer payment to their former clubs.

I would really be happy if Lukaku came back tbh.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not sure why we’re being so lenient on Inter. They wanted 50m plus Martial for Perisic, then farmed him out on loan a few months later anyway. Special relationship my arse...