Interesting tweets by footballers | Demba Ba wins thread

padr81

Supports
Man City
Tell you what, that's a fine header, Stones completely on his heels there.
Massively overrated player.
Wasn't Stones... Harwood Bellis was the man marking him.
The only interaction he had with Stones, Stones drove him over the touchline shoulder to shoulder which says alot because Stones is the weakest CB I've seen at City and has all the aggression of a my little pony.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That is indeed an offside. I guess it is not clear and obvious :lol:
Was clearly on, they even measured from the kids arse after checking everything else. At the point Stones first makes contact with the ball, it looks off because the ball kind of rolls down his leg afterwards.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Was clearly on, they even measured from the kids arse after checking everything else.
Really? Did they use the lines? It didn't look like it was onside from the replay.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Really? Did they use the lines? It didn't look like it was onside from the replay.
Sorry I edited the above, yeah they used the lines. He's on because Stones kind of lets the ball run down his leg on the volley and its from first contact. I edited the above. Basically because he shinned it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Sorry I edited the above, yeah they used the lines. He's on because Stones kind of lets the ball run down his leg on the volley and its from first contact. I edited the above. Basically because he shinned it.
Wow. Seriously? I thought what was always used was the exact point when the ball leaves the players foot or any last touch.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Wow. Seriously? I thought what was always used was the exact point when the ball leaves the players foot or any last touch.
Saw it in this article. https://www.givemesport.com/1498162...an-not-every-offside-decision-will-be-correct
The laws state that a player is deemed on or offside at ‘the first point of contact’ when the ball is played. But the technology doesn’t always know when that is.

Its an over the top example but if a player goes to header a ball and it goes wrong and rolls down his body and slides off his foot, technically the first point of contact is when his head first touches the ball. That could allow a full second before the ball actually leaves his body. Its crazy. I was all for VAR at the start but the more I learn and see it in action the more I'm losing faith.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
More from Pope.

"Wear him like a Johnny"

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I think at this point, Stones is well entitled to post a "Who da feck is this guy?" meme.

Getting shit on Twitter from fans is one thing, from another Pro? Nah, that's against the rules.

I think at this point, Stones is well entitled to post a "Who da feck is this guy?" meme.

Getting shit on Twitter from fans is one thing, from another Pro? Nah, that's against the rules.
it’s outrageous, but hilarious! The fact he scored after his original tweet is just brilliant. It’s great to see a player actually having an opinion, unfortunately in the PL that’s impossible and it’s quite frankly pointless watching 99% of player interviews or reading what they post.

this is what the FA Cup is about. He and Vale’s fans will be talking about this for years. Good work.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
it’s outrageous, but hilarious! The fact he scored after his original tweet is just brilliant. It’s great to see a player actually having an opinion, unfortunately in the PL that’s impossible and it’s quite frankly pointless watching 99% of player interviews or reading what they post.

this is what the FA Cup is about. He and Vale’s fans will be talking about this for years. Good work.
He scored a goal playing up against a 17 year old debutant and Port Vale got battered. There's not really much to talk about. I doubt Vale fans will be reminiscing about yesterday.

Stones should post that clip of Neville Southall chastising Owen when he celebrated scoring against a kid.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Imagine being this cocky for scoring a goal against a teenager in a game your team got smashed in.

He's the ultimate internet hardman come to life

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It all came from a comment after he watched England playing, and as a fan he is right to complain because England manager and media seriously overrate some players. Stones must be the most overrated one considering what City paid for him, because he is just an average player. And watching it as a football player playing in lower league it's probably even worse, watching better players than him who didn't make it to the top.

And this, we live in a world where the only emotion we see from players is when they are diving, or crying when they lose some final cup game that is important because they will lose individual accolades. They are paid far more than any educated person, so why are we supposed to be soft with them?

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Tom Pope on John Stones not talking to him after the match: "I spoke to [Benjamin] Mendy and he said all their players had battered him for weeks about it and they got him that wound up about it, and then obviously I've scored and he's probably devastated." With Mendy taking a selfie w/ Pope after the game, Stones will be on the receiving end of banter for quite some time.

DVG7

John stones has posted his reply

“A hard earned win for the lads and we are now one step closer to achieving the clubs objectives”

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He scored a goal playing up against a 17 year old debutant and Port Vale got battered. There's not really much to talk about. I doubt Vale fans will be reminiscing about yesterday.

Stones should post that clip of Neville Southall chastising Owen when he celebrated scoring against a kid.
One bigdownside of fame is that you'll get chancers trying to pick off you.

In a week stones will still be a 150k player and Pope will be back to nonentity ville.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why does this need investigating? Is he not allowed to think this?
From what I'm inferring, it's him posting it that's the problem. We're all allowed to think whatever we want: balanced,bigoted,racist,liberal whatever. The moment we put it out there in print creates another issue.

I think he'll be asked to clarify what exactly he meant by the post and the FA will then take the appropriate action if it breaches their social media posting standards