Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrywing

He is getting song in 3,2,1

Anyway, if true, people can blame board, Glazers and Ed as much as they want but fan base plays good part in these failures. To repeat, it seems ONLY in United manager has to be around for 2 years plus, spend 300mil. to be green lighted for judgement.

Sadly dont think anything will change on that front, people will care more that they are percieved as good supporters, at least what supporting means in their minds.
Fletcher's at the keel~

wolvored

If its Fletcher as interim of course Carrick et al will still be on the bench

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Who the feck are people expecting as caretaker? Sir Matt?

It’s emergency cover
That's the worry.
If he only stays 1-2 games, that's fine.
The worry is that he'll stick around till the Summer, in which case we'll have a newbie managing an elite level, world class squad of players.

WPMUFC

if they have had absolutely NO plan to replace Ole, i believe that makes Potter the front-runner to be the replacement. You don't hire a Zidane / ten hag with zero groundwork and this entire saga is leading to the very real conclusion that the club/board have done absolutely no planning for another manager should it be needed.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
This is what Utd are left with. He is the best of a useless bunch. I hope if Zidane comes in he cans the whole lot of them. Utd's coaching staff should be working in a lower division getting experience. Every employee at Utd should be the best in their field.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I just look at some of those posts for entertainment. People letting their frustrations ruin their common sense. Fletcher is not a manager and I doubt he'd even want the job full time.
No way he’ll want it. He’s got a great role at the club already and he’s smart enough to know this being his first management job would be madness.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
One or two games? If Zidane decided we're not for him (highly possible), it could be months.
Doubt it. They will surely have to move on.

Still feel it will be Brendan Rodgers. Not my choice but that's how I see it going

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Fletcher and Carrick then. TweedleDee and TweedleDum... nothing really changes. Sack the United board

Mainoldo

Just no. Nobody go sleep until they get a new manager. These clowns don’t learn.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Good stuff. You never know, he might do better than expected and our managerial search will be a lot easier than it could be!
If you are implying that he should be given the full time job - NO!
We have a team of Galactico class players, including the biggest Galactico of them all. We need an elite level manager.

United Hobbit

Surely we could use one of the managers from our youth or women's teams if the rules allow for the next game or 2 until we appoint a proper caretaker?

They at least have current coaching experience and our women seem to be doing quite well so would be a better short term stop gap than Fletcher?

The assistant of their team could then take charge of their usual team until they return?

Tarrou

And to think we have a plan...

Quite obvious, nobody wants the job.
it isn't obvious what are you even talking about?

you're implying we should have a manager signed, sealed and delivered before we even sack Ole - which is just silly

SER19

Darreeen is at the wheel
Tell me how good does it feel
Wouldve beat barca if he hadn't seen red
Could be good because Fergie's his dad

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Good stuff. You never know, he might do better than expected and our managerial search will be a lot easier than it could be!
and so it begins again...

Laurencio

Who the feck are people expecting as caretaker? Sir Matt?

It’s emergency cover
Honestly, I was expecting Phelan or Bruce for the interim. Darren Fletcher started coaching under 16s in October of 2020.

Irrational.

One amateur for an even bigger novice. The nepotism and rose-tinted nostalgia continues. No doubt this will be the downfall of the club.

Great stuff.

Fletcher first interview bingo:

- United DNA
- Youngsters
- Attacking
- Advice from Sir Alex
- Foundations
- Phelan, McKenna and Carrick will be great assets

Feel free to add more.

SER19

The board have clearly made another meal of this entire process but why are people acting as if a 1 or 2 game interim isn't a common thing?

Fletcher isn't our 'manager'. Never will be. He'll take the team for the game we have in 2 days

MrSingh2002

They need to cast a big net here and wait a say or two to see which top managers are interested.

I don't want us to leave a single stone unturned. We've made too many wrong calls. We have an experienced and talented squad now.

We need a high level tactician and disciplinarian. We can improve as a team in all areas but they need top level coaching now. Having watched alot of our training videos, I feel the standard at the sessions has been shite from the players.

They need someone to shock them back into really putting it in.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Still feel it will be Brendan Rodgers. Not my choice but that's how I see it going
Unless they refuse to shell out for DMs in January. Not even Bodger would be daft enough to come without that guarantee. Xmas will be bad enough as it is...

Dante

Average bang
The problem is the coaching.

I don't see how replacing one existing United coach with another existing United coach is going to be a meaningful solution. I guess we'll have to hope for the new manager bounce to be enough.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
it isn't obvious what are you even talking about?

you're implying we should have a manager signed, sealed and delivered before we even sack Ole - which is just silly
It's not silly.
Before LVG was fired, Jose was already in place to take over.

It's been about 3 weeks since the LFC humiliation, and that was the time that the board should've been speaking to other managers.
They now have to pull the trigger and should already have a good idea of which man is likely to say "yes" and when he can join up with our squad.

This idea that "it's not easy to hire a manager" is nonsense.
Newcastle got bought by the Saudi's and within a week or 2, Bruce was fired and a week later a new manager was appointed (who now has Covid).

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Why are people complaining about Fletcher being caretaker? This was always going to happen, this happens with every club as they're looking for a permanent solution.

We're obviously going to make big efforts to try to convince Zizou/Ten Hag/Rodgers in the interim.

SER19

Unless they refuse to shell out for DMs in January. Not even Bodger would be daft enough to come without that guarantee. Xmas will be bad enough as it is...
Id take Rodgers if he can bring his Leicester dms with him

hobbers

For a game or two before Zidane its fine.

If longer it's insane. Get a proper interim like Rangnick.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
The problem is the coaching.

I don't see how replacing one existing United coach with another existing United coach is going to be a meaningful solution. I guess we'll have to hope for the new manager bounce to be enough.
Absolutely, McKenna and Carrick need to be removed. Phelan, too.
The coaching is atrocious and these are the men culpable.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For a game or two before Zidane its fine.

If longer it's insane. Get a proper interim like Rangnick.
Agreed.
But Ralf R will demand that he be given proper authority. That's the kind of guy he is and I don't think the board will like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.