Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So according to reports Murtough and Fletcher have been tasked with identifying an interim manager, this is a positive because it is not Woodward or Judge.

It also appears they are actively interviewing multiple candidates, which is also another positive because that is not what happened last time.
Yeah it's good news. This is what things should look like once Arnold takes over as chief executive.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
has anyone thought about a class of ‘92 coalition running the joint? they have quite a lot of management experience between them, they know the club inside out, they also have experience of running a club, which can only help the relationship with woodward, arnold et al. they could maybe manage a different week day each, then split match days or something. the finer details of how exactly it works could be laid out in their 5 year contracts.

:nono::houllier:

big_jeffstar

The only name I’ve heard thrown around for interim so far (that makes sense) is Rangnick, and that would only make sense if he moves into some kind of DOF role afterwards, he can coach the fundamentals of the basic way we play for the foreseeable, and then help hire a manager capable of continuing with it and actually build a modern football club with a style of play.
Everything else seems like a pointless waste of time.. valverde!?, Garcia?? … we really are scraping the barrel now

Reactions: Cheimoon

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i think we can all agree that ole by himself managed to get us to a couple of semis and a final. having 6 or 7 united ‘99 winner brains in the mix instead of just 1 could only push us further along.

i can’t see any downside tbf.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
So United are gonna overlook Poch`s obvious plea and continue looking for interim coaches ? If thats the case it can only be because Poch demand his own coaches, and United wont offload Oles garbage that is still here.

Hopefully something happends around Poch after the PSG-City game, all though i much prefer Ten Hag.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's unbelievable they can't even appoint an interim manager without making a song and dance of it, that said, the only times I remember an interim manager doing well were Hiddink and Benitez who took the Chelsea gig temporarily before relinquishing it at season's end.
If it helps, french journalists said that most of the names in the press have nothing to do with United, it's agents plugging their clients.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
So United are gonna overlook Poch`s obvious plea and continue looking for interim coaches ? If thats the case it can only be because Poch demand his own coaches, and United wont offload Oles garbage that is still here.

Hopefully something happends around Poch after the PSG-City game, all though i much prefer Ten Hag.
How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

croadyman

So according to reports Murtough and Fletcher have been tasked with identifying an interim manager, this is a positive because it is not Woodward or Judge.

It also appears they are actively interviewing multiple candidates, which is also another positive because that is not what happened last time.
Yeah does feel like this time they are actually carrying out a proper recruitment process, albeit a few weeks later than it should have been happening

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

If PSG doesn't want Poch to leave mid season then he's not going anywhere. It doesn't matter how much the club talks or how much Poch wants it. It ain't happening. It's not as if they need the money. Barely covers Messis wage for 3 months.

mancan92

has anyone thought about a class of ‘92 coalition running the joint? they have quite a lot of management experience between them, they know the club inside out, they also have experience of running a club, which can only help the relationship with woodward, arnold et al. they could maybe manage a different week day each, then split match days or something. the finer details of how exactly it works could be laid out in their 5 year contracts.
Sorry were you in my nightmare last week?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

No, the reports are that PSG are currently unwilling to release Pochettino and if he resigned he would be unable to takeover another club for a number of months. The reports are also that the club will focus on Pochettino as permanent manager should this change in the immediate future. The hope is that Zidane agrees to taking the PSG job now that Pochettino can join Man Utd. There are a lot of moving pieces and the club is in the process of identifying an interim manager, but this is subject to change. Nothing to do with the coaching set up, also worth noting there were stories that the club were prepared to change Ole's coaching team but he refused.

croadyman

feck interim’s, Utd should go ALL OUT to secure Mauricio right now.

There is a window of opportunity, they should go for it all in.
Part of me wants us to do that but there's also a big part who thinks we should hire an interim and go all in to secure Ten Hag for the summer

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Sorry were you in my nightmare last week?
yep. it was definitely a nightmare. i definitely wasn’t actually in your bedroom, sniffing your hair and trying on your clothes whilst you slept.

JPRouve

Scout
No, the reports are that PSG are currently unwilling to release Pochettino and if he resigned he would be unable to takeover another club for a number of months. The reports are also that the club will focus on Pochettino as permanent manager should this change in the immediate future. The hope is that Zidane agrees to taking the PSG job now that Pochettino can join Man Utd. There are a lot of moving pieces and the club is in the process of identifying an interim manager, but this is subject to change. Nothing to do with the coaching set up, also worth noting there were stories that the club were prepared to change Ole's coaching team but he refused.
And since nothing indicates that Zidane is interested in anything other then France after the World Cup, we will have to wait for PSG to be linked with someone else. For me that will be the first indication that Pochettino to United is on.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Holy Mary mother of God no. I cannot imagine anything worse.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
And since nothing indicates that Zidane is interested in anything other then France after the World Cup, we will have to wait for PSG to be linked with someone else. For me that will be the first indication that Pochettino to United is on.
Yeah, I think talk of Pochettino has cooled. It will be an interim until end of the season, let's hope its the right man - no reason the club can't challenge for the Champions League with Ronaldo in the team.

Bocca9978

If Valverde is successful as interim and gets decent performances out of these players, there's every chance Woody will make it a permanent appointment and sooner rather than later we'll be back to square 1.

Then I'm fully expecting the United fanbase to riot because I don't think many will accept or tolerate another failed managerial appointment.

Ed Woodward is playing live-action Football Manager with this club. He's not qualified to be making these calls and unless he's stripped off that responsibility, this club will continue to fail where it matters most.

A decade on and he's still calling the shots having failed numerous times. How he's not been demoted or absolved of the footballing responsibility is beyond me.

We needed a Txiki Begiristain character yesterday but because its United it is the hardest decision to make to get in an elite DOF.
Think Woodward should be put in gardening leave. Take these decisions away from him.
I’m worried he won’t leave at all.

Castia

Who the feck hires an interim with 3 quarters of a season to go?

May as well write this season off, waste of time.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Holy Mary mother of God no. I cannot imagine anything worse.
p. scholesy can teach fred how to pass.

g. nev can teach awb how to overlap and cross.

nicky b. can teach mctominay how to actually position himself to be able to receive a pass.

r. giggs can teach any players how to get around the uk legal system.

d. beckham can teach our wingers how to cross and our free kick takers how to score for once. we might actually be dangerous from set prices again.

p. nev can, well you get the idea.

JPRouve

Scout

Bayern and Chelsea have done it. Getting a permanent manager relies heavily on who is available.

Bocca9978

This should be ban worthy WUM.
Also, use capital letters FFS.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We could spin a wheel of some sort to determine the manager for the next match - also allows us to continue using the phrase "_____ at the wheel".

croadyman

That just completely contradicts a previous tweet saying Rangnick isn’t interested as he knows what the Glazers are like and also doesn’t feel like he’s a first choice option to become manager. :houllier:
Yeah that confused me as well

Lee565

If we truly want to begin to get back on a path of success then we need to be ruthless, we should lure a good manager in charge of another club already and offer them a 2 year deal but hide our true intentions of sacking them at the end of this season (unless they can pull of a major trophy win) to then put in place our real number 1 choice like potchettino or ten hag during the summer

Lukinho

Exactly what I am thinking as well. No need to waste the season in November. Just look at Chelsea last season. Ronaldo is going to be older next year, Cavani , Donny, Jesse, Pogba, Martial, maybe Telles all gone in the summer. The time is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.