Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve 007

This is crazy. If we give it to Carrick, Fletcher, Keane or any other ex player. We need to show ambition and go at least try to get the man we want now. (Maybe after the chelsea game). We must know who we want.

RedRover

Wonder if they'll do anything different to Ole, regards formation and personnel?
It's a bizarre situation this given that it seems they were responsible on the training ground. If they do, then why were they not trying to impact things before OGS was let go? If not, then nothing will change.

This is an utter mess.

Withnail

Because we clearly haven’t sorted out another manager yet. It happens 99% of the time that someone within the coaching team takes charge for a game or two.

I highly doubt they’ve been sitting there for two weeks not trying to find someone.
Really? It wouldn't surprise me at all

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
We are essentially writing off the Champions League and are in sheer damage limitation with this move.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The coaching staff being kept on under an interim manager is absolutely fine, because the interim manager doesn't have to let them actually run training like Ole did. If they're being told what to do then it is a change.

Obviously that interim won't be in place for the next game, but hopefully the players rally following the manager's departure.

Ideally the interim would have been lined up to come in straight away but failing that, we are where we are.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
People are assuming it’s Ten Hag at the end of the season. They might very well be waiting for Poch.
I suspect it is Poch. Personally I would employ the whole of Ajax except the players. From the academy staff, DOF, CEO, manager, coaches, everybody. Maybe we would actually recruit wisely, actually produce top class kids who live up to their potential.

stw2022

We need something to lock us into not making the interim permanent.

Ralph1386

You still need someone to take training tomorrow, even if that someone is now widely assumed to be incompetent - you'd expect any new manager to bring his key coaching personnel with him, at which point, this lot will depart.
Do we have any indication that the interim manager will be allowed to bring any of his staff with him?

Castia

Imagine we play a 4231 with McFred in the midfield 2 it would be fecking hilarious

Get the fecking lot of them out of this club

We have no choice but to give Carrick control for now but as soon as a replacement is found him and all the rest should go too. They are as much part of the problem as Ole ever was.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So what has actually changed? Ole's gone but the rest of them are still there. I am not campaigning for sackings. I just don't really understand how just taking out Ole is meant to change anything.

stw2022

I suspect Fergie will be helping Carrick until Mr Interim arrives

Matt007a

We can only hope that whoever comes in at the end of the season insists on bringing in their own team of coaches as well.

Someone like Ten Hag who has a very distinct style that probably requires a lot of practice to perfect, would surely bring his own people with him. He’s not got time to teach his coaches first and then the team after.

I’m not sure if Zidane or Poch would necessarily be so worried about that.

LordSpud

Imagine we play a 4231 with McFred in the midfield 2 it would be fecking hilarious

Get the fecking lot of them out of this club
Why would it be any different? At least we can now see if Ole truly had the problem with Donny or not.

Ralph1386

I'm fine with Carrick leading the team for a few matches while they get an interim and for them to appoint a top target when he is available.
Carrick, McKenna and co were just as much part of the problem as Ole. They ran the training sessions. If the interim manager does not get to bring some of his staff with him, then this is not a change at all.

padzilla

Hipster
Anyone else expecting Carrick to be announced as the interim manager with history repeating itself and him getting the gig full-time for fluking a win in the CL group/ early knockout stages?

Rex Banner

What do people expect? That we're gonna sack our entire coaching staff without replacements?

justboy68

We must be the only club that struggles to even sort a proper interim coach out in a timely manner. Carrick should have been out the door with Ole. Sigh...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What do people expect? That we're gonna sack our entire coaching staff without replacements?
Tbf you could argue we had weeks to line up replacements. After all, we know we will be hiring an interim manager, we're just not ready to do it yet.

stw2022

People who want us to go into the most important game on Tuesday with no coaching staff are ridiculous

Stactix

Anyone else expecting Carrick to be announced as the interim manager with history repeating itself and him getting the gig full-time for fluking a win in the CL group/ early knockout stages?
It would not surprise me, I think you only have to look at what is right infront of us to see how badly the club is being ran. Let alone what happens behind the scenes.

LVG sacking, Mourinho not being backed but getting a new contract. Ole being made permanent instead of waiting till the end of the season, the new contract after the disaster of Europa league final and Cl exit at the groups.

Now no plan in place even after the City, Liverpool, LCFC spanks. Not planning during an international break.
They seriously are more incompetent than your worst nightmares.

MagooDad

Get Laurent Blanc in temporarily. He's proven that he can handle start by getting the best out of Zlatan. He would probably have an easier time getting the best out of Martial and Pogba as well.

Leg-End

This is on the club for not being prepared (again) for the inevitable. You can’t sack off the entire coaching staff days before a CL game, most of these guys won’t be here if the interim is a serious appointment or when they appoint someone permanently who have their own team.

Zlatanator

Carrick is too soft, when I think of him, it only reminds me of those post-match interviews with excuses in the post Fergie era..

MinGin

Sacking Ole should be prepared a month before, and it has a two week international break for negotiation of the caretaker before this game. The board should have a plan b if the thing go wrong before this game.

And OLE said it multiple time that the team setup and play style are prepared by Carrick and Mckenna mainly and OLE havent involved a lot of that. So, we will and should see nothing change when Carrick in-charge. We just throw OLE under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.