Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcurt

I'm just waiting till I hear Southgate suggested as interim until the end of the season... I'd actually cry!

Why aren't we just offering Ajax the money it would take for Ten Hag FFS! Villa can act like a bit club poaching Gerrard but we always need to dick around... Clueless.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm just waiting till I hear Southgate suggested as interim until the end of the season... I'd actually cry!

Why aren't we just offering Ajax the money it would take for Ten Hag FFS! Villa can act like a bit club poaching Gerrard but we always need to dick around... Clueless.
There’s a difference between Rangers and Ajax. Ajax for one are still in a competitive champions league group.

lilcurt

There’s a difference between Rangers and Ajax. Ajax for one are still in a competitive champions league group.
Is there much difference really. The league is pretty much done for Ajax and no matter how good they are, they won't win the Champions League.

There is no rule against poaching a manager, a Chelsea or City would pay the money and get their man from a club like Ajax, we have been conditioned to downplay our position in world football to fit in the Glazer narrative of being cheap.

Gavinb33

Ajax and Rangers are a different level entirely and for a manager to come he'd have to agree I'd imagine Ten Hag would want to see out the season and then no amount of cash will make him change his mind and could drive him away.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is there much difference really. The league is pretty much done for Ajax and no matter how good they are, they won't win the Champions League.

There is no rule against poaching a manager, a Chelsea or City would pay the money and get their man from a club like Ajax, we have been conditioned to downplay our position in world football to fit in the Glazer narrative of being cheap.
Being Dutch and turning your back on Ajax could be career suicide for him unless he comes with the clubs blessing. All the top decision makers there are ex-Ajax.

lilcurt

Ajax and Rangers are a different level entirely and for a manager to come he'd have to agree I'd imagine Ten Hag would want to see out the season and then no amount of cash will make him change his mind and could drive him away.
He left his previous club mid-season to join Ajax... This is about our stature compared to Ajax not really Rangers.

His post match ESPN interview was far from closing the link down. Especially if you compare what he said in Sept regarding Barca, compared to what he said to re us.

lilcurt

Being Dutch and turning your back on Ajax could be career suicide for him unless he comes with the clubs blessing. All the top decision makers there are ex-Ajax.
Again, I suspect if you paid Ajax good money and went about it the right way they wouldn't stand in his way. They know their position in world football and are very well placed for the rest of the season regardless.

I just think other top European clubs wouldn't be taking our approach, far from it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

:lol: You can already sense it, he will get 3 games, get 4 points in them, we won’t appoint anybody else for the rest of season and then give him contract. Rinse & repeat.

lilcurt

I think this is going to be. Freddie at Arsenal situation.

Ole didn't do the coaching, the same coaching team is now leading us. I honestly can only see a continuation of the current form.

I'd love to know what the board have been doing since Liverpool to be in this situation now and not have an interim ready to go. I'll give them a pass for Villarreal but if we don't have a proper interim by Chelsea it is pure negligence.

choccy77

That’s on the next manager to decide. What’s the point of firing them all and instilling some other coaches that the board will decide? That’s a recipe for disaster. Now when the next manager comes I hope he fires them all.
Already reported tonight that some players are not happy, as they don't see anything changing, because the same coaches are still here.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Fans are too hung up on carrick being interim manager.

there is a game on Tuesday and someone has go take charge. This isn’t going to be any more than that fella Ryan that takes spurs when they sack someone.

the board are idiots but I don’t see them making the same mistake twice. He’s a temp, nothing more

Skills

Snitch
I hope some journalist has the balls to grill Carrick about the quality of coaching in his press conferences.

peridigm

Get wenger till the end of the season.
I think this would be our best option if we can't get our primary target until summer. He probably won't mind taking the job until the end of the season. Top 4 might be a struggle but I don't think we're finishing in the top 4 no matter who the manager is.

RedTiger

Half mast
I came in to say that Wenger would be a great option until the end of the season. He'd garner the players respect and he'd also have a point to prove.

Added bonus: might actually blood some of our youngsters such as Mejbri, elanga or Amad.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
The correct answer is Carlos Queiroz.

He would improve our defense in no time.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I came in to say that Wenger would be a great option until the end of the season. He'd garner the players respect and he'd also have a point to prove.

Added bonus: might actually blood some of our youngsters such as Mejbri, elanga or Amad.
And if he flukes the CL, apart from enjoying the win it would be hilarious seeing arsenal fans going into a massive meltdown.

Partridge

Ten hag has already said he is very happy where he is. With the players, and the board. He's enjoying himself. I were him, i would not touch us with a ten foot pole.

croadyman

:lol: You can already sense it, he will get 3 games, get 4 points in them, we won’t appoint anybody else for the rest of season and then give him contract. Rinse & repeat.
Yeah the lack of strong links to an interim is making me very nervous indeed, please don't make another ex player kneejerk appointment.

croadyman

Fans are too hung up on carrick being interim manager.

there is a game on Tuesday and someone has go take charge. This isn’t going to be any more than that fella Ryan that takes spurs when they sack someone.

the board are idiots but I don’t see them making the same mistake twice. He’s a temp, nothing more
I am praying you are right on that

Gavinb33

Again, I suspect if you paid Ajax good money and went about it the right way they wouldn't stand in his way. They know their position in world football and are very well placed for the rest of the season regardless.

I just think other top European clubs wouldn't be taking our approach, far from it.
Chelsea have taken this approach st least 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.