Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

It won’t happen.

They’ll feck it up somehow

Utd is an utter mess and Mauricio is a class, PL proven manager who’s style fits the squad.

Go in hard now.
I still feel there will be rumours of us meeting with him after the game tonight, however unlikely to lead to anything yet

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
This should be ban worthy WUM.
Also, use capital letters FFS.
capitalist pig.

We could spin a wheel of some sort to determine the manager for the next match - also allows us to continue using the phrase "_____ at the wheel".
this is exactly the kind of thinking the club is missing. we could pick the next manager by twitter poll, or have them compete in big brother style challenges to see who gets burnley away. the tv and ad money would enable us to compete with the oil clubs.

we’ve saved the club. hooray.

HailtotheKing

The only name I’ve heard thrown around for interim so far (that makes sense) is Rangnick, and that would only make sense if he moves into some kind of DOF role afterwards, he can coach the fundamentals of the basic way we play for the foreseeable, and then help hire a manager capable of continuing with it and actually build a modern football club with a style of play.
Everything else seems like a pointless waste of time.. valverde!?, Garcia?? … we really are scraping the barrel now
Makes total sense and would revolutionize us as a “football” club but it would also result in too many mates being demoted or losing their job so I see absolutely no chance of this happening. And for the same reason I can’t see us hiring Ten Hag. Hope I’m wrong.

HailtotheKing

Please let it be so! The fact Murtough rates him is the only thing that makes me believe this could happen. Because I really can’t imagine Woodward wanting him to come in and expose the level of ineptitude at the club. On the other hand, it would be the best thing Woody has ever done for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So how do Valverde's teams play? Ignoring the disastrous collapses from Barcelona against Roma and Liverpool, he did have quite a good record there as manager, though of course I feel like you can't really use how a manager does there as good or bad. But he seemed quite decent before that spell too. Probably would end up being a decent enough appointment as interim.

HailtotheKing

Who the feck hires an interim with 3 quarters of a season to go?

May as well write this season off, waste of time.
Not if you can hire the right man. There are some pretty good candidates out there. But yeah, in an ideal world you don’t, I agree.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
So how do Valverde's teams play? Ignoring the disastrous collapses from Barcelona against Roma and Liverpool, he did have quite a good record there as manager, though of course I feel like you can't really use how a manager does there as good or bad. But he seemed quite decent before that spell too. Probably would end up being a decent enough appointment as interim.
his name could be used as a car model. for that reason, i’m in.

“test drive the new nissan valverde today, you’ll only be marginally disappointed.

valverde, creative technologie”

croadyman

Please let it be so! The fact Murtough rates him is the only thing that makes me believe this could happen. Because I really can’t imagine Woodward wanting him to come in and expose the level of ineptitude at the club. On the other hand, it would be the best thing Woody has ever done for us.
Yeah that is very true but if we were solidly interested think more sources would have reported it

BestRed

Who the feck hires an interim with 3 quarters of a season to go?

May as well write this season off, waste of time.
Bayern and Chelsea have done it. Getting a permanent manager relies heavily on who is available.
Yeah I've no real problem with an interim for the rest of the season, especially the likes of Rangnick, if it means holding out for the right one to have in place for next season.

After the way its ended up with the last four, it's vital this time we get the best manager we can who will hopefully be here for the next 4-5 years instead of panicking now and regretting it later.

croadyman

So quick recap from reliable Utd journos on potential interim we have

Mitten - Garcia
Luckhurst - Rangnick
Stone & Jackson - Valverde

However we are yet to hear any names touted from Ducker which I find interesting

CallyRed

his name could be used as a car model. for that reason, i’m in.

“test drive the new nissan valverde today, you’ll only be marginally disappointed.

valverde, creative technologie”
With the song 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' by the Verve as the backing track.

Green Arrow

A more hopeful version of this. Say we bring in Valverde / Garcia and with a DM bought in during the January window we have an incredibly jammy, defensive, counter attacking run to winning the CL. Do we then give it to said manager even if the football they were playing was pragmatic as feck and dire to watch whilst not playing our youth enough?
No I wouldn't want that at all what's the point in playing that kind of football and not playing the youth it defeats the purpose of the club itself.

n or that of Mark Goldbridge?
Nope it's my valid concern When Jose was fired from the job Woody said we will get an interim in place and we will recruit a permanent manager at the end of the season. As soon as Ole went on that good run and from ex players, media and fans were singing Ole's at the wheel he gave him a contract. So forgive me for being skeptical this time round.

macheda14

No I wouldn't want that at all what's the point in playing that kind of football and not playing the youth it defeats the purpose of the club itself.
Yeh I would hope not, but it puts the board in an incredibly hard position. See Di Matteo at Chelsea as an example. If you win the CL sack don’t hire the manager full time and then the next manager fails it would look like a huge mistake. Damned if you do damned if you don’t in that situation.

Frank Grimes

Surely United board knew Solskjaer was toast after Liverpool game. One month on we should have a interim in place to take us to end of the season.
Everything has to be a drawn out drama, what a laughing stock.

Real Name

All this names sound like media is throwing shit on the wall and nobody knows a thing. What do the supposed reliable journos say?

Anyone has some nice nickname for the club.

Too late FC?
No plan FC?
History repeating itself FC?

Giggsy13

We have a great squad, no matter the poor start. Unlike 3 years ago, we’re a more tempting proposition for an interim like Rangnick or Valverde to prove themselves on the big stage again. The fact we’re hearing so many names is a good sign.

bosnian_red

Ffs the state of the club, essentially handing everyone an interview now. How can a giant like Man United become such a joke of a club?

AnderHerrera

I think a saw somewhere that United had a "5-man list" of options for interim manager.

Seems like Valverde, Rangnick, Favre, Garcia and Lopetegui could be those 5

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Ffs the state of the club, essentially handing everyone an interview now. How can a giant like Man United become such a joke of a club?
I see nothing wrong with interviewing multiple people, any well run business would not hire the first person they interview. What's wrong with this?

TheReligion

Abusive
What? Surely you want to interview candidates and see who is the best fit for the role.

People just moaning for the sake of moaning.

There's enough genuine things to pick at ffs.

bosnian_red

I see nothing wrong with interviewing multiple people, any well run business would not hire the first person they interview. What's wrong with this?
It's the incompetence of the whole situation, from having an open goal to bring in Conte after losing 5-0 to Liverpool, deciding against it, to having the chance to go through this whole process over the international break, or at least start getting candidates the past 2 months, to now using Carrick as interim manager until we are able to find an interim manager to take over until the end of the season where we hope we can get someone permanent (far from a guarantee). The board seemingly didn't even start looking for anything after that Liverpool loss, which is a joke in the first place. It's just a remarkable situation to see happening at United.

Rolaholic

What's the issue with doing your diligence and interviewing qualified candidates? Ideally this would've been planned ahead of Ole's sacking but I see nothing wrong with this approach to maximize the rest of this season before a permanent manager can be hired

bosnian_red

What? Surely you want to interview candidates and see who is the best fit for the role.

People just moaning for the sake of moaning.

There's enough genuine things to pick at ffs.
Rudi Garcia? :lol:
Like I said above, it's the whole situation and how unprepared the board were. No vetting of candidates over the past 2 months when it was obvious Ole would need replacing, choosing not to change him in the international break, passing on an actual top coach in Conte to now scrambling for an interim manager as we are unable to bring in anyone permanently now.

We shouldn't be considering or interviewing mediocre managers like Rudi Garcia, we shouldn't be in a situation where we are scrambling for an interim manager after international breaks are done. Teams change managers all the time. That's not the problem. It's the lack of foresight and planning when the writing was on the wall for months.

Frank Grimes

Like I said above, it's the whole situation and how unprepared the board were. No vetting of candidates over the past 2 months when it was obvious Ole would need replacing, choosing not to change him in the international break, passing on an actual top coach in Conte to now scrambling for an interim manager as we are unable to bring in anyone permanently now.

We shouldn't be considering or interviewing mediocre managers like Rudi Garcia, we shouldn't be in a situation where we are scrambling for an interim manager after international breaks are done. Teams change managers all the time. That's not the problem. It's the lack of foresight and planning when the writing was on the wall for months.
Good post.

TheReligion

Abusive

As I said, there's enough to moan about. Having an interview process with a number of candidates isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.