Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmah

Heaven forbid we should interview candidates on what kind of philosophy and play style and changes they'd make to the club.

Kaos

So quick recap from reliable Utd journos on potential interim we have

Mitten - Garcia
Luckhurst - Rangnick
Stone & Jackson - Valverde

However we are yet to hear any names touted from Ducker which I find interesting
I'd be happy with any of those, with Ragnick being the preferred option. Would love for him to stay on in a DoF style role after too, but I doubt the Glazers want us run like a proper football club.

I just don't want Bruce, or Carrick till the end of the season.

pseudo_canadian

Our selection process seems quite thorough and we’re not rushing to the first name available, which indicates Murtough has a clue. I’m glad they’re taking their time on this and talking to multiple coaches.

Idxomer

It's a bit of a mess because that should've been done a month ago.

It's better though than just rushing into a decision and regretting it later.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wtf are you on about :lol:
This ...

It's the incompetence of the whole situation, from having an open goal to bring in Conte after losing 5-0 to Liverpool, deciding against it, to having the chance to go through this whole process over the international break, or at least start getting candidates the past 2 months, to now using Carrick as interim manager until we are able to find an interim manager to take over until the end of the season where we hope we can get someone permanent (far from a guarantee). The board seemingly didn't even start looking for anything after that Liverpool loss, which is a joke in the first place. It's just a remarkable situation to see happening at United.
Rudi Garcia? :lol:
Like I said above, it's the whole situation and how unprepared the board were. No vetting of candidates over the past 2 months when it was obvious Ole would need replacing, choosing not to change him in the international break, passing on an actual top coach in Conte to now scrambling for an interim manager as we are unable to bring in anyone permanently now.

We shouldn't be considering or interviewing mediocre managers like Rudi Garcia, we shouldn't be in a situation where we are scrambling for an interim manager after international breaks are done. Teams change managers all the time. That's not the problem. It's the lack of foresight and planning when the writing was on the wall for months.
Sorry are we not allowed to criticize the club or say that we're a laughing stock even though it's 100% true?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Obviously we shouldn't be in this position but given we are, interviewing multiple candidates is pretty clearly the right thing to do.

And generally I think the standard of candidate being mentioned is pretty decent given we're making a completely unplanned, unprepared emergency interim appointment at short notice.

What level of manager did people actually think would make up the top five or so contenders for this temporary management work? Almost by definition it's a job for people who aren't really good enough to be proper Manchester United managers.

slavishduke

So quick recap from reliable Utd journos on potential interim we have

Mitten - Garcia
Luckhurst - Rangnick
Stone & Jackson - Valverde

However we are yet to hear any names touted from Ducker which I find interesting
He mentioned Favre and fifth manager we're looking at that weren't named in his article. Sam Blitz from Mail says the fifth guy we're looking at is Paulo Fonseca

bosnian_red

Why are we only interviewing people now instead of a month ago when it was obvious that Ole was a dead man walking.
The real question. He should've been sacked on the spot after losing 5-0 to Liverpool. Conte was available. We seemingly didn't even start looking around at possible interim managers at that point! It's been a month since that defeat, we had a full international break to be able to go through this whole process, yet here we are now between key games against Villareal, Chelsea and Arsenal after the last international break finished. It's just such a remarkable lack of planning.

It's almost like Woodward and whoever else is involved in this process has some other full time job that occupies 99% of their time, and they have to be reminded to do something with Man United. The fact that we're scrambling around the way we are for an interim manager is really incredible. Feels like the board doesn't have a single clue what they're going to do next. Even if they're incompetent, you expect some sort of plan... this is just complete neglect.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Why are we only interviewing people now instead of a month ago when it was obvious that Ole was a dead man walking.
Literally because of respecting Ole. Tells you all you need to know about how we're run as a club.

Xaviboy

Hope we get someone in ASAP defeat the weekend and if other teams below us win. We be joint 13th I think.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I've no problem with this. Interviewing candidates is what we should be doing. Can't change the past.

Let these out of work managers pitch to us what they believe they can achieve.

Suv666

Because the media would have caught wind of it and it would have been a bit awkward with Ole still in charge.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
p. scholesy can teach fred how to pass.

g. nev can teach awb how to overlap and cross.

nicky b. can teach mctominay how to actually position himself to be able to receive a pass.

r. giggs can teach any players how to get around the uk legal system.

d. beckham can teach our wingers how to cross and our free kick takers how to score for once. we might actually be dangerous from set prices again.

p. nev can, well you get the idea.
I'm convinced

bosskeano

on an interim basis....i think Lucien Favre or Rangnick makes the most sense given their age and experience

Favre was really good at Dortmund and helped them win trophies along with a good attacking style of football

Rangnick is a german coach so you know he would bring discipline, mentality and a very specific style of play

lsd

The Oracle
Wasn't it a quick turnaround when we sacked Jose to us bringing in Ole as Caretaker manager.

Plus he was even managing another club at the time.

This time around we seem to be a lot more behind in our planning

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
People are mistaking taking time to get the right man in with complete lack of preparation for this situation. Wouldn’t be surprised if they screw this up again, whether it be a completely uninspired appointment or waiting too long and we’re already out of the CL and top 4 gone.

bosnian_red

Wasn't it a quick turnaround when we sacked Jose to us bringing in Ole as Caretaker manager.

Plus he was even managing another club at the time.

This time around we seem to be a lot more behind in our planning
The fact that the board was blindsided by Ole being a poor manager is incredible.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Ahahaha, all the redcafe gowls critiquing the clubs policy for hiring...with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the inner workings going on. Love it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Amazing to think we wasted the 2 week international break where we could have done these interviews and appointed one.

I will never stop being astounded by the level of incompetence running this club.
I honestly don't think any other company in the world could be run like ours is. At any other company the shareholders would be asking why the executive team keep making strange decisions, spending money with no obvious return etc. The Glazers though? So long as the dividend is paid each year they couldn't give a monkeys what the executives get up to. They're like absentee landlords who let the building manager take the p-s out of the tenants, skim off the top and generally run amok so long as the get the rent they expect.

Frank Grimes

You'd expect a 5 man interviewing process for the permanent role. We're only now setting up a 5 man interviewing process for the interim role. If we had interviewed them in private over the last month we would have our interim now. Saying we're being thorough now is missing the point.

RUCK4444

Amazing to think we wasted the 2 week international break where we could have done these interviews and appointed one.

I will never stop being astounded by the level of incompetence running this club.
It's truly astounding and I fully expect them to make a mess of the next appointment as well. How on earth Woodward can still be employed here after presiding over every one of these failed appointments tells you everything you need to know about how the club is run.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ahahaha, all the redcafe gowls critiquing the clubs policy for hiring...with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of the inner workings going on. Love it.
You can criticize the club for not sounding out candidates in advance but to shit on the club for interviewing multiple managers is bizarre to me.

Jibbs

The real question. He should've been sacked on the spot after losing 5-0 to Liverpool. Conte was available. We seemingly didn't even start looking around at possible interim managers at that point! It's been a month since that defeat, we had a full international break to be able to go through this whole process, yet here we are now between key games against Villareal, Chelsea and Arsenal after the last international break finished. It's just such a remarkable lack of planning.

It's almost like Woodward and whoever else is involved in this process has some other full time job that occupies 99% of their time, and they have to be reminded to do something with Man United. The fact that we're scrambling around the way we are for an interim manager is really incredible. Feels like the board doesn't have a single clue what they're going to do next. Even if they're incompetent, you expect some sort of plan... this is just complete neglect.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.