Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

I just think this is negativity for the sake of negativity, when all the noise suggests otherwise? It's draining just how relentlessly miserable this place can be.
It's the result of having to endure eight years of Ed Woodward and our useless board making bad decision after bad decision and running the club into the ground, sorry if it's made me cynical.

C'est Moi Cantona

I can't wait for us to get a proper interim manager in, and so take any risk away from them thinking Carrick can do it unil the end of the season, I genuinely worry they will do this even if there's the slightest sniff they can get away with it.

We just need to get a proper manager in asap, let them bring whoever they want to with them, and show the door to anyone who is then not needed.

croadyman

I just think this is negativity for the sake of negativity, when all the noise suggests otherwise? It's draining just how relentlessly miserable this place can be.
Yeah after you told me to calm down the other day I'm trying to take a relaxed stance on this one

Rolaholic

Get him the feck in right now

Makes too much sense which is why it won't happen I'm sure.

Hope his ties with Murtough are enough to sell the board on bringing him on in a sporting director/DOF role

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
We have to bear in mind that a lot of what the club say could be to frame negotiations for Poch. If Utd announce that they’re looking to appoint a permanent manager now then PSG play hard ball over Poch, if we appear less desperate and that interim is an option and we can wait til the end of the season then it means PSG have to work harder to make sure we take Poch and they can get Zidane in.

dove

We have to bear in mind that a lot of what the club say could be to frame negotiations for Poch. If Utd announce that they’re looking to appoint a permanent manager now then PSG play hard ball over Poch, if we appear less desperate and that interim is an option and we can wait til the end of the season then it means PSG have to work harder to make sure we take Poch and they can get Zidane in.
I am not sure PSG are that desperate to get rid of Poch mid season. Surely PSG and Zidane himself would prefer to take over in summer rather than now.

Mainoldo

Yeah I'm sure that is the case, however are we actually willing to give him a role within the club after the summer
Put Fletcher back in a coaching role and let him take over from Fletcher. I’m sure Poch wont mind Fletch being part of his coaching team in January.

Jericholyte2

Damn i thought he was at some posh german club but locomotive moscoe?

Snap him up ffs woody
Get it done and then have him take a seat upstairs in the DOF role once Ten Hag comes in (bump Fletcher to assistant status).

Amir

Put Fletcher back in a coaching role and let him take over from Fletcher. I’m sure Poch wont mind Fletch being part of his coaching team in January.
We don't actually know what Fletcher does and whether that role would be enough for Rangnick. He'd obviously want a role with big football authority.

As for Fletcher being part of the coaching staff - people are calling for the heads of Carrick, McKenna and Phelan, and want the new manager to bring his own people. Now we're loading Fletcher onto him without having any idea if he's a decent coach at all?

oreon

Or we can stop with Nepotism. Let Fletcher go out like Rooney get experience somewhere else. And if he succeeds on his own, then he come back to the club in a future role. Right now he's not qualified for any role. He needs to earn a position not be given one because the Glazers like him.

dove

We have a bunch of amateur coaches already.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Apparently, it's Murtough and Fletcher involved so that's why. We're letting the football people have an input.
Yep - that's what I meant to imply.

And it's a good thing. Still remains to be seen whether said football people have a clue - but they can't be worse than Woody.

Kaos

Yeah I'm sure that is the case, however are we actually willing to give him a role within the club after the summer
Just give him the same role as Arnold but let him focus on the footballing side, while Arnold, Judge and their banker mates can focus on bagging us our next official Ramen sponsor.

Mainoldo

Or we can stop with Nepotism. Let Fletcher go out like Rooney get experience somewhere else. And if he succeeds on his own, then he come back to the club in a future role. Right now he's not qualified for any role. He needs to earn a position not be given one because the Glazers like him.
People need to flipping relax with this ex player coaching stuff. The issue we have now is that all of our coaches are amateur. But there is nothing wrong with the odd ex players who’s shows promise coming into a good coaching set up.

Zidane done exactly what we have Fletcher doing now and although we take the mick with him getting his boots on. Zidane was doing exactly the same with it going viral at Madrid.

So no there is no problem Fletcher doing an education at the club the issue is when you stick him with Carrick and Solskjaer. All novices.

Pronewbie

Peep
Just give him the same role as Arnold but let him focus on the footballing side, while Arnold, Judge and their banker mates can focus on bagging us our next official Ramen sponsor.
Yeah I've tolerated that incompetent cronyism is part of supporting United. Just make sure the footballing side is run by experts who are not crippled by the incompetent cronies.

It seems we've identified our next Manager, so if they're all happy to work together next season I'd say bring Rangnick in.

Mainoldo

We don't actually know what Fletcher does and whether that role would be enough for Rangnick. He'd obviously want a role with big football authority.

As for Fletcher being part of the coaching staff - people are calling for the heads of Carrick, McKenna and Phelan, and want the new manager to bring his own people. Now we're loading Fletcher onto him without having any idea if he's a decent coach at all?
Its only one extra person and we should always be making sure we have some part of our culture continuously part of the set up.

No1 says anything about Pep keeping Brian Kidd around. He’s hardly an integral figure to Pep’s philosophy.

Pronewbie

Peep
People need to flipping relax with this ex player coaching stuff. The issue we have now is that all of our coaches are amateur. But there is nothing wrong with the odd ex players who’s shows promise coming into a good coaching set up.

Zidane done exactly what we have Fletcher doing now and although we take the mick with him getting his boots on. Zidane was doing exactly the same with it going viral at Madrid.

So no there is no problem Fletcher doing an education at the club the issue is when you stick him with Carrick and Solskjaer. All novices.
Yes I feel like Mark Goldbridge's overly negative sentiment on ex-players having a role at the club has tainted our fan-base's view.

We shouldn't be swinging so wildly from 1 end of the spectrum to another. There needs some form of continuity at the club. That's part of having a good footballing structure.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Is this Rangnick fella any good then? I have to admit I've never heard of him until recently

Amir

Its only one extra person and we should always be making sure we have some part of our culture continuously part of the set up.

No1 says anything about Pep keeping Brian Kidd around. He’s hardly an integral figure to Pep’s philosophy.
Why not keep Carrick and McKenna, then? People who actually have been part of the coaching set up rather than just give it to Fletcher who was only part of it for a short time?

Amir

The issue is I don't trust that there's anyone at United who'll be able to evaluate Fletcher's work and decide if he's actually any good at it.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

the problem with Fletcher is

A- He was never a top player to start with. Zidane, Pep and Conte were top players with brains. Fletcher was hardworking, he was jack of all trades and SAF loved him very very very very much
B- Zidane, Pep and Conte came up the ranks. Fletcher spent like 15 minutes coaching up until he was hired as technical director at the biggest club in the world
C- Zidane, Pep and Conte worked with some of the top managers in the world. Fletch worked with 1 top manager whom, for some strange reason, none of his players understood let alone were able to emulate.

Mainoldo

Why not keep Carrick and McKenna, then? People who actually have been part of the coaching set up rather than just give it to Fletcher who was only part of it for a short time?
Because you don’t need a whole squad and they have had long enough. Unfortunate for them but time for them to step into the real
World.

Pronewbie

Peep
The issue is I don't trust that there's anyone at United who'll be able to evaluate Fletcher's work and decide if he's actually any good at it.
With someone like Ralf coming in hopefully things change. I just hope that person is indeed ahead of the curve. Last thing we need at this club is another has-been / incompetent person.

Mainoldo

Well my original point was you have Ralf to tutor him. There has been many reports on Fletcher saying he’s very intelligent and is obsessed with football. I’m sure he would pick up on things quick.

vanrooney

ragnick would be ideal to assemble the perfect setup for the future. thats what he did at red bull

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Because you don’t need a whole squad and they have had long enough. Unfortunate for them but time for them to step into the real
World.
That's not a good answer though. Mckenna is the best candidate of them all. He's got the best coaching CV having done well with both Spurs youths and United youths + he's now been no 2 to both Mourinho and Ole.

I really don't understand United these days. We seem to hate experience which is strange considering SAF managed the club for so many years. Even the caretaker job was given to Carrick when its evident that Phelan was a far better option

::sonny::

How they answered to the rumors:
- Luis Enrique: It’s an april fool
- Lopetegui: it’s absurd
- R.Garcia: don’t confirm, don’t deny
- Rooney: Committed to Derby until someone tell me otherwise
T. Hag: Fully focused on Ajax, dont care
Zidane: Not interested and never will be
Ragnick: Interested with decisional power

Amir

There has been many reports on Fletcher saying he’s very intelligent and is obsessed with football. I’m sure he would pick up on things quick.
I'm sure he would try. I don't believe there are qualities that guarantee anyone will be a good coach. It's not something you necessarily "pick up".

Status
Not open for further replies.