Interim manager discussion: Who replaces the interim interim manger (Carrick)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincantona

As regards Eric...My heart would love this to happen and I would look forward to every game as if the man himself was still playing...but my head says your an fuking idiot .

Jordi

The reaction on here if they made Eric interim coach would be the most hilarious thing ever :D

Ixion

The Glazers wouldn't dare appoint Eric. He could tell the fans to go burn shit down and they would.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
So Rangnick has pulled out because the leeches refuse to give him any kind of power whatsoever and new coaching staff.

I know where this shit is going. Whoever thinks that things will change for the better are clueless.

Raven

So Rangnick has pulled out because the leeches refuse to give him any kind of power whatsoever and new coaching staff.

I know where this shit is going. Whoever thinks that things will change for the better are clueless.
We're hardly going to chuck our interim the keys to the fecking kingdom, not again anyway.

crossy1686

career ending

Why would you give an interim keys to the kingdom only to have to tear everything out again in a few months? What a random thing to lose your shit over.

Ralph1386

Imagine if we hired Guardiola but told him his coaching team was Carrick, McKenna and Phelan. Would love to see any manager implement their ideas then :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
The Idea is that he will stay as some form of DoF after he finish his interim position
Then why not just appoint him as DOF? Or permanent manager?

How are we supposed to attract a permanent manager if we tell them they’ve got to work with the staff that Rangnick brought in a few months ago?

I think Rangnick was under the impression he was interviewing for a perm role, and for what it’s worth, he just took on a project at a Russian team in the summer so why would he walk out on that now to do 6 months with us?

crossy1686

career ending
Imagine if we hired Guardiola but told him his coaching team was Carrick, McKenna and Phelan. Would love to see any manager implement their ideas then :lol:
If Guardiola was managing in Russia and was being interviewed for an interim position I would imagine he’d take whatever he was given for 6 months

Real Name

Those things are detailed in negotiations, its not that you hire someone but the staff is a surprise.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Why would you give an interim keys to the kingdom only to have to tear everything out again in a few months? What a random thing to lose your shit over.
He isn't asking for Aladdins lamp, he is proposing new coaching staff and some structure.

crossy1686

career ending
He isn't asking for Aladdins lamp, he is proposing new coaching staff and some structure.
What structure exactly? Where’s the money going to come from to sack everyone (like Moyes did) and bring in a bunch of new staff, on a temporary basis? What quality of staff do you think we’re going to recruit? Who’s willing to walk out on their current project for 6 months with us? Is there any joined up thinking going on in here?

Ralph1386

If Guardiola was managing in Russia and was being interviewed for an interim position I would imagine he’d take whatever he was given for 6 months
I wasn’t referring to Ragnick, I was referring to how we are moving forward. The coaching team that failed under Ole should not be all imposed on anyone, be it interim or permanent. You can suggest some of them but not impose all of them.

crossy1686

career ending
I wasn’t referring to Ragnick, I was referring to how we are moving forward. The coaching team that failed under Ole should not be all imposed on anyone, be it interim or permanent.
The coaching team needs a shake up but there’s no reason to gut the club before we get a new manager. Someone has to coach the players for the next 6 months.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
That sounds good. So he'll come in for 6 months and then stay in a role for at least 2 years. He should be involved in appointing the perm manager, which I think makes ETH more likely.

Happy with this. Subject to Lokomotiv approval I presume means compensation package?

Also, Alex Crook looks like a twat now doesn't he.

largelyworried

Very promising news. Not so much about the 6 months as coach, welcome as that is, but rather the promise of 2 years "consultancy". If this means him acting as a de facto DoF, focussing on getting the upstairs in order, that would be huge for this club.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Could we possibly have wished for a more exciting outcome on the interim search? Getting Rangnick and then keeping for 2 years after??

Incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.