International Call-up 2016-2017

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Lee O'Connor away with Ireland this week as well so will be a bit of a weakened team against Newcastle on Friday night without O'Connor, Gomes, Buffonge and Chong at least. Good job we have so much depth this season
Boonen also in Las Palmas, probably just vacating. Can’t find any fixtures for Belgium U19. Will be interesting to see the team tomorrow.

Last edited:

Beaucoup

Oh brilliant. Sounds promising, hopefully an exciting prospect!
I've seen him play a few times, despite all the goals he's scored, it's difficult to gauge his ability, because he seems to be physically bigger and stronger than the rest in his age group.

From the games I've watched I rate Shola as the bigger talent.

jb8521

I've seen him play a few times, despite all the goals he's scored, it's difficult to gauge his ability, because he seems to be physically bigger and stronger than the rest in his age group.

From the games I've watched I rate Shola as the bigger talent.
Encouragingly he's doing well when playing up with the u15s as well. Shola is hugely talented. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets England u15s trials a year early next season

khoazany

From what I've seen Mipo looks like someone who can guarantee goals at youth level - good finisher, can hold the ball up well, good positioning. We have lack of those kind of strikers coming up the rank for a while after Wilson (Rashford was converted).

top1whoisman

Scout
Gomes captains the U17 side again, match vs Portugal starts in 15 minutes if I’m correct. Lineups:

Inglaterra: Curtis Anderson, Jake Vokins, Timothy Eyoma, Marc Guehi, Lewis Gibson, Nya Kirby, Alexander Denny, Taylor Richards, Angel Gomes (cap), Jamie Soule, Stephen Walker

Portugal: Celton Biai, Mamadou Koné (cap), Tiago Djaló, Pedro Álvaro, Gonçalo Costa, Romário Baró, Afonso Sousa, Bernardo Sousa, Úmaro Embaló, Pedro Neto, Daniel Simões.

Classical Mechanic

Gomes captains the U17 side again, match vs Portugal starts in 15 minutes if I’m correct. Lineups:

Inglaterra: Curtis Anderson, Jake Vokins, Timothy Eyoma, Marc Guehi, Lewis Gibson, Nya Kirby, Alexander Denny, Taylor Richards, Angel Gomes (cap), Jamie Soule, Stephen Walker

Portugal: Celton Biai, Mamadou Koné (cap), Tiago Djaló, Pedro Álvaro, Gonçalo Costa, Romário Baró, Afonso Sousa, Bernardo Sousa, Úmaro Embaló, Pedro Neto, Daniel Simões.
Seems quite a few names missing from that England team: Sancho, Foden and Brewster off the top of my head.

top1whoisman

Scout
Seems quite a few names missing from that England team: Sancho, Foden and Brewster off the top of my head.
Yeah Sancho and Kane Wilson marked as ”unavailable”. Sancho played in the UEFA Youth League match for City on Wednesday, so he’ll probably join the team a bit later. Foden and Brewster on the bench.

khoazany

Volkins and Richards are those highly rated names who weren't involved much with England before.

top1whoisman

Scout
Gomes was subbed after 41 minutes, hopefully not an injury as England made two subs at the same time.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Just to give an information, according to the portuguese press and coach Portugal dominated the game and the goal was scored by Umaro Embaló a Benfica player from 2001, who in my opinion will be very special.

It was an surprise for me because some months ago England trashed Germany 8 - 1, but does not matter at this age, and still England has potential at this level, main problem is when they make the transition to Senior Level.

khoazany

Just to give an information, according to the portuguese press and coach Portugal dominated the game and the goal was scored by Umaro Embaló a Benfica player from 2001, who in my opinion will be very special.

It was an surprise for me because some months ago England trashed Germany 8 - 1, but does not matter at this age, and still England has potential at this level, main problem is when they make the transition to Senior Level.
It was far from England's full strength team at this age group.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I did not said nothing about that, by the way the kid that scored the goal is from 2001 and Portugal won the Euro under 17 in 2016.

khoazany

I did not said nothing about that, by the way the kid that scored the goal is from 2001 and Portugal won the Euro under 17 in 2016.
Yeah I've heard about him. Someone called him the black Di Maria on Twitter.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah I've heard about him. Someone called him the black Di Maria on Twitter.
Black Di Maria why? They are completely different in my opinion, anyway today is Portugal against Netherlands and England vs Germany.

Not related to this thread but anyone aside from Andreas Pereira with chance of making United squad next season?

As far I am concerned Andreas is an number 10, has he any chance to be in the squad next season?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That's what he's called on Instagram. Embalo is an amazing player, saw him at the Marveld Tournament where Marcel Bout was also at. Embalo won player of the tournament there and was together with Redan the most dangerous attacking player, would absolutely love it if we recruited him in the summer!
Sorry mate but Benfica will keep him, he has the potential to be something special, everytime he is playing for Benfica or Portugal he is playing with and against one year old players.

Member 104911

Sorry mate but Benfica will keep him, he has the potential to be something special, everytime he is playing for Benfica or Portugal he is playing with and against one year old players.
Didn't say that we would get him this summer, just that I'd love it if we did

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I know, but they would be crazy to let him go, the bastards are producing great players.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
England won the second game of the Algarve cup 3-2 against Germany
Gomes captain again so injury can't have been that bad if that was what he was subbed off for

jb8521

That's what he's called on Instagram. Embalo is an amazing player, saw him at the Marveld Tournament where Marcel Bout was also at. Embalo won player of the tournament there and was together with Redan the most dangerous attacking player, would absolutely love it if we recruited him in the summer!
Heard some talk that City offered him a huge deal but haven't heard whether he accepted it or not. Benfica are doing well with keeping their best young players compared to a lot of other teams at the same level with the likes of Sanches, Gomes and Filipe all rejecting some big clubs in the past few years. From what I've seen of Embalo he's up there with the likes of Redan, Sidibe, Geubbels and Boadu as some of the best attacking players in Europe in the 01 age group.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ethan Hamilton called up to Scotland U19 squad for European Championship Elite Round matches between March 22-27.

top1whoisman

Scout
Lee O’Connor captain Republic of Ireland’s U17 that leads Faroe Islands 2-0 at HT.

top1whoisman

Scout
Lestyn Hughes and Ollie James-Denham called up for Wales U15 games against Poland.

top1whoisman

Scout
Kieran O’Hara called up to the Republic Of Ireland U21 squad for the Euro qualifier against Kosovo.

top1whoisman

Scout
Gomes naturally called up to the U17 squad.

George Tanner in the U18 squad.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Hamilton played 90 minutes for Scotland U19, who lost 3-0 to Austria.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Tanner came on as a sub on the 77th minute for England U18 who beat Saudi Arabia 2-0.

top1whoisman

Scout
Tanner on the bench for England U18, Hamilton started the 3rd of Scotland’s matches, as well.

Edit: Tanner came in after 81 minutes and scored 4-0 for England (vs Qatar).

Last edited: