International Friendlies May/June

Asger

How did Iceland make the Euros? Hilarious defence.
To be fair It was not our strongest defence or keeper. Only one of the defender does play every game... But we have been very poor since we qualified to Euros.

Asger

Good first half by Norway, up 2-1 vs Iceland. Is this Iceland's first 11?

I like this Norway line-up.
No, I think only Johann Gudmundsson nr 7, Gylfi nr 10 and Aron EInar Gunnarsson no 17 and Ragnar Sigurdsson no 6 will be starters in the Euros.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Great to see Czech Republic get a couple of decent wins before the start of the tournament. I was born there, so I'll definitely be rooting for them this month :)

Lurpak99

Buttered up
I think the Polish kit is the only Nike have got spot on, all the others they've made is with all sorts of weird colour combinations, not least that shite England kit.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Benteke misses an absolute sitter :lol:

Déjà vu.

Laphroaig

Didn't see Hovland's, but Forren's handball was absolute idiocy, wtf?!

Pleased about the game in general, though. King, Johansen, Nyland, Ødegaard, Samuelsen, there's a lot to be excited about going forward :)
Yup, we actually don't have any experienced players now. I think Jarstein is the only 30 + player in the squad, oh and Tettey. After those we have Forren, who has only really played in Norway.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
De Bruyne and Vertonghen only good players today. Mertens as well as a sub of course.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Think it was offside actually, not that Belgium wouldn’t have deserved a goal.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Feck off Wimots. Feck off central pairing of Witsel-Fellaini. They didn't even want the ball in the second half, completely useless.

Cristiano_RAFC

How did Denayer play?
Our defence wasn't really tested to be honest. And they still managed to score... Not very confident for the Euros. Denayer is fine for me but Vermaelen is not. In midfield we also miss Nainggollan in there. Up front we created plenty but we missed our chances.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It was, a shame for the goal as he’d had a superb performance til that point.
Don't think he was really at fault for the goal, it was intended as a cross by Mertens so maybe he got caught off guard... Had a superb game otherwise though, yes.

How did Denayer play?
Didn't have anything to do except for the goal when he went out wide. Think he could've done better, you need to block the through ball there and make sure the attacker plays a lateral pass but it was too easy. Still, him at CB next to Vermaelen is our best bet at the Euros.

Would you say it is your manager who is preventing Belgium from being as good as they should be?
Absolutely yes. Which such wealth both offensively and in midfield (arguably in defence as well although we've got a lot of injuries right now), we should've played much more attractive football at the World Cup in Brazil two years ago and even now, he's been with the team for so long and we still lack a proper identity. I just cannot see us beating any of the big teams (Spain, France, Germany, even Portugal, England or Italy) at the Euros. He's likeable and a great motivator, brought the group back together after a tough time but he's just not capable of guiding us to significant performances at the big tournaments, I hope he's gone after this summer.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Don't think he was really at fault for the goal, it was intended as a cross by Mertens so maybe he got caught off guard... Had a superb game otherwise though, yes.
Yeah it came as bit of a surprise, a good cross from Mertens. In the post-game interview Hradecky (the gk) said it was all his fault, should’ve at least been able to push the ball away or get it over the bar. All in all, Belgium didn’t look good considering the level of opponents. To me, Mertens did more as a sub than De Bruyne & Hazard put together.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
@Cristiano_RAFC @RobinLFC Cheers guys. There was a report today he will compete with Sagna next season for the RB spot, I know he played there for Galatasaray quite a bit this season but I'm not sure if that's where he's best suited. You reckon that could be where he ends up playing or is he definitely best as a CB from what you've seen?

DocRockter

Belgium has got a huge problem with their defense.. Vermaelen has only played Wilshere-like minutes this year and now he's asked to start with the young Denayer?? Surely Vertonghen would be obvious choice when the EUROs start?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
@Cristiano_RAFC @RobinLFC Cheers guys. There was a report today he will compete with Sagna next season for the RB spot, I know he played there for Galatasaray quite a bit this season but I'm not sure if that's where he's best suited. You reckon that could be where he ends up playing or is he definitely best as a CB from what you've seen?
To be honest, I have barely seen anything from Denayer except from his Belgium performances which only included two RB cameos or so... He's quick and decent on the ball but still gets caught out of position too often imo. Only 20 years old though so can definitely come good, don't think he's ready yet to start in front of the likes of Zabaleta and Sagna though. For me, he's better as a CB than as RB, a bit like Alderweireld - decent in both positions but really stands out at CB, that could be Denayer in a couple of years. Would be weird to develop him at RB but don't think he'd get any chances as City's preferred CB in the near future...

Eila

Mexico 1-0 Chile. Mexico played like crap, but Hernandez came in for the last 15 mins and scored the winner with a great header :lol::lol:
Chile had terrible finishing. They must improve that. Otherwise, the magic touch is still there. They look really strong.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Mexico 1-0 Chile. Mexico played like crap, but Hernandez came in for the last 15 mins and scored the winner with a great header :lol::lol:
Chile had terrible finishing. They must improve that. Otherwise, the magic touch is still there. They look really strong.
Hernandez was clinical. Sanchez, on the other hand, can't hit a barn door at the moment.