Internationals June (Euro Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A few Pokemon evolutions in there.

Dele - Delph
Heaton - Henderson
Kane - Keane

AshRK

Shots fired. Shaw's random withdrawal from the last squad didn't go down well then.
I like what southgate is doing. He is sticking to his plans and has made it clear who he prefers and who he doesn't.

Evans999

Our Player of the year not in the squad behind Chilwell and Rose, What a laughing stock we are.

starman

Tbf to Lingard he shows up for England. International matches are a perfect setup for him, matches ever couple months, it pretty much correlates with his United career, a couple of good games every few months or so...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why is Trippier there? He's been awful this season
I’m assuming because Wan-Bissaka has never played for the senior side and Trippier is still living off the World Cup form in terms of England. TAA will likely start anyway.

Classical Mechanic

I reckon Lingard got his call based on the vibe he brings to the dressing room, that’s how Anderson ended up playing 8 years for Manchester United.
Same for Trippier and Delph. Lingard says Trippier is the funniest person he's knows, don't know what that says about Trippier mind. Delph is supposed to be a big character in the dressing room as well.

Paul_Scholes18

It is not really a great squad. Although with a Kane and Sterling in form it is enough to do well of the team is working well as a unit.

AshRK

Same for Trippier and Delph. Lingard says Trippier is the funniest person he's knows, don't know what that says about Trippier mind. Delph is supposed to be a big character in the dressing room as well.
And I always thought Lingard was the clown in the room, immatured guy. Maybe tripper tops that.

passing-wind

Wouldn't have bothered with Rashford he's been one our worst players this season. Should have taken Lookman from Everton.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
It is not really a great squad. Although with a Kane and Sterling in form it is enough to do well of the team is working well as a unit.
I think it's really good, there's a couple of question marks there like Dier and Delph but I think they're in because of versatility and Lingard now he has competition in Redmond but deep down honestly I don't think we could have expected better, people always tend to moan at England squads because it's always been a default mind state but when you look at this squad it's fine.

When you think that other players such as Foden, Grealish, Maddison, Wan Bissaka, Mount will be knocking on the door very soon and the likes of RLC and Hudson-Odoi are injured you'll realise that England are in a very good place, future is very bright.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Trippier, Delph, Lingard & Redmond over Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Maddison & Loftus-Cheek is an absolute joke.

Trippier is living off 3 good games in the World Cup. feck, I'd put Foden in over Lingard.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Loftus-Cheek went off last night with an injury, playing a friendly for Chelsea in the US.
Why the feck are they playing a friendly in America with the Europa League final still to come? fecking idiots. I hope they lose now just for being so stupid. He's been their 2nd best player from what I've seen of them this season.

Classical Mechanic

Why the feck are they playing a friendly in America with the Europa League final still to come? fecking idiots. I hope they lose now just for being so stupid. He's been their 2nd best player from what I've seen of them this season.
Looks like a ruptured achilles too, 6 months best case and up to a year possibly. Its one of the worst injuries a player can get.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It was arranged ages ago. To raise money for an anti-semitism charity. A Roman decision.

Craig Ward

Anyone wondering why Winks is in the squad?

I'd argue Shaw is ahead of Rose but its personal choice for Southgate..

Lingard/Delph and Dier are stealing a place in this squad. Tripper surely wont start either.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Anyone wondering why Winks is in the squad?

I'd argue Shaw is ahead of Rose but its personal choice for Southgate..

Lingard/Delph and Dier are stealing a place in this squad. Tripper surely wont start either.
Rose has been great recently and is much more productive in the final third - Shaw has done ok as well but I think right now Rose edges it.

Classical Mechanic

Yep pretty much - he will be an England regular over the coming years I'd expect.
The chronic injury is an issue though.

Rose has been great recently and is much more productive in the final third - Shaw has done ok as well but I think right now Rose edges it.
From Southgate's comments it looks like he was unhappy with Shaw's withdrawal last break and that has counted against him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The chronic injury is an issue though.

From Southgate's comments it looks like he was unhappy with Shaw's withdrawal last break and that has counted against him.
It is yeah - he has had surgery though in the last few weeks so fingers crossed that sorts it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Trippier, Delph, Lingard & Redmond over Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Maddison & Loftus-Cheek is an absolute joke.

Trippier is living off 3 good games in the World Cup. feck, I'd put Foden in over Lingard.
Maddison definitely deserves a chance I think - possibly Wan Bissaka also though I'm sure they will get their chance soon. Shaw I think would struggle to get into the squad right now and Loftus-Cheek is injured.

I agree with you on Trippier (can only be from goodwill from world cup - he has been a disaster all season), Delph (just not good enough), Lingard (see Trippier). Redmond has had a decent season but I don't think he is good enough really - perhaps just shows a lack of depth in that position?

Classical Mechanic

Maddison definitely deserves a chance I think - possibly Wan Bissaka also though I'm sure they will get their chance soon. Shaw I think would struggle to get into the squad right now and Loftus-Cheek is injured.

I agree with you on Trippier (can only be from goodwill from world cup - he has been a disaster all season), Delph (just not good enough), Lingard (see Trippier). Redmond has had a decent season but I don't think he is good enough really - perhaps just shows a lack of depth in that position?
I don't think its goodwill with Trippier and Delph. They're both big characters in the dressing room so that's why they're going I think.

Lingard is also very popular and helps with the good vibes Southgate likes. Also the system we are playing at the moment incorporates and accommodates Alli and Lingard is the natural understudy to him playing wise.