Internationals June (Euro Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Surely Portugal are favourites on their own patch?

With so many of our squad being involved in the Champions League final I think it puts us in a weird place. How many of them will be focused properly on the job?

I’ll be interested to see what team Southgate picks for the first game.
Our center backs are either old or not top notch material, and we lack wingers and a proper striker. Our defence will cost us.

lsd

The Oracle
Sean Maguire gets call ups for you.

Redmond would basically be your Ronaldo.

Ronaldo wouldn't do much for us to be honest .

Though Redmond would replace McClean so that should please England just as much

ctp

Our center backs are either old or not top notch material, and we lack wingers and a proper striker. Our defence will cost us.
Couldn't you play something like Jota - Felix - Bernardo behind Ronaldo as the striker? Looks pretty potent on paper imo.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Surely bringing him on with 30 minutes left is the best bet here?

Would start Sancho-Rashford-Sterling.

Rashford had dreadful end to the season but he has been good for England this year.
Yeah, I'd go that too, very pacy.

I'd also be interested to see how Rashford looks with true pacy wingers (like a test run for how someone like James might do).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Couldn't you play something like Jota - Felix - Bernardo behind Ronaldo as the striker? Looks pretty potent on paper imo.
Diogo Jota is actually exceeding everyone expectations. We saw him as one of those young players who would get hired just for a punt by a top club after a good season, but we certainly didn't expect that he ended up at Atletico Madrid, even if it was one of those business where Atletico only wanted to profit by doing several loans until his contract ends.

In Porto he actually disappointed overall, but he has proven that if you have talent and keep your professionalism levels high things can work out. I actually think his "lack" of grass roots is what makes him more dangerous. The way he moves and thinks the game can be very unpredictable.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Bruno Fernandes and João Félix will probably start tonight, it’s going to be a different Portugal.

Unfortunately our defense is atrocious, it’s in a worse state than it’s ever been. Pepe is old and pretty bad now, Ruben Dias is not good enough, Guerreiro and Cancelo can attack but they can’t defend for shit.

Switzerland is a very good and underrated team that has consistently got far in tournaments, it should be a very tight and balanced game. They beat us 2-0 not too long ago. Hopefully things go our way and with the new players coming in we look better than in the past international break when we drew at home to Serbia and the Ukraine.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
For the UEFA Nations League
Will VVD, Wijnaldum Kane and those players in the CL final last weekend play?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Debut for João Félix.

Semedo ahead of Cancelo is pretty interesting. Still think Cancelo should start as left back ahead of Guerreiro though.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Bruno as a RM? Odd...why would you play him out of position. Seems Santos just wanted to force him and Felix in at the same time. 4-4-2 with Bernardo Silva and Bruno playing wide and then Felix and CR7 upfront.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bruno as a RM? Odd...why would you play him out of position. Seems Santos just wanted to force him and Felix in at the same time. 4-4-2 with Bernardo Silva and Bruno playing wide and then Felix and CR7 upfront.
Maybe 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 too.

SportingCP96

Supports
Maybe 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 too.
Either way it seems he will be outwide. Unless he puts Felix there but I doubt he will do that. When the game begins we will see.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
No pace on that starting eleven. Santos being the usual Mendes pawn.

roonster09

Scout
Either way it seems he will be outwide. Unless he puts Felix there but I doubt he will do that. When the game begins we will see.
I thought it ill be Bruno Fernandes as AM, B.Silva as RW and Felix as LW.

SportingCP96

Supports
I thought it ill be Bruno Fernandes as AM, B.Silva as RW and Felix as LW.
It could be that too but I do not see Santos putting Felix wide though I could be wrong.

roonster09

Scout
Even if Santos picks 4x2x3x1 on paper, our NT always play so narrow that nobody will notice we are using someone as a winger :D
Yeah, all the formations are just on paper for any team. Usually wingers drifts centrally, so it's different shape on the pitch.

Santos J

Is the commentary a bit out of sync on Sky Sports or is my brain just melting?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Fernandes is on the right to support Semedo defensively. It's probably why Zakaria's on the Swiss right flank as well.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Feels like a laggy game of FIFA!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ruben Neves will struggle if Portugal are indeed playing a double pivot in the midfield. I don't see him offering enough midfield protection if William Carvalho pushes forward.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Weird to see Bruno starting so deep. He will be knackered by the 60th min.