Internationals June (Pre-Euro Friendlies + World Cup Qualifiers)

MadMike

You'll need to click on the title and visit reddit, to see it in its full glory. The rendering here chops the bottom half of the video off.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Nice goal by Gosens, we're making quite hard work of it so far though.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
All I can say about this is that it's been a while since it's been enjoyable watching Germany play. Sad that it won't matter in the end since we'll still get beaten up in the group stages.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
All I can say about this is that it's been a while since it's been enjoyable watching Germany play. Sad that it won't matter in the end since we'll still get beaten up in the group stages.
How did the Chelsea boys do.

backpass

Shouldnt your last game be used to ensure your best 11 plays together? What is the benefit to swap all players around; testphase is surely over?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Shouldnt your last game be used to ensure your best 11 plays together? What is the benefit to swap all players around; testphase is surely over?
That starting XI today is probably close to the final one. I‘d play Sané over Ginter (Kimmich RB in a back four) and Goretzka over Kroos.

backpass

That starting XI today is probably close to the final one. I‘d play Sané over Ginter (Kimmich RB in a back four) and Goretzka over Kroos.
As bad as werners finishing is, I would prefer him over Sane at the moment. Speed is the same and werner seems much more useful with his runs. For me Sane is a weak link in the team. So many atacks fail immediatly when he recieves the ball. I am also sure Werner is much better when pressing with the whole team. To often there is a hole where Sane is supposed to press.

Blackwidow

As bad as werners finishing is, I would prefer him over Sane at the moment. Speed is the same and werner seems much more useful with his runs. For me Sane is a weak link in the team. So many atacks fail immediatly when he recieves the ball. I am also sure Werner is much better when pressing with the whole team. To often there is a hole where Sane is supposed to press.
Actually Sane has very good pressing data at Bayern - both from the numbers and success rate. Only Musiala with a lot less playing time and Müller have more won pressures per 90 minutes.

Since City he got really better in that aspect.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Beating a minnow 7:1 was a good omen in 2014 as well.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
This will turn out a false dawn, but it's nice to see our players, who are almost all proven internationals, can play as a team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I'd still prefer the 3 man central defense. From this team I'd have Kimmich at DM, Ginter at RWB, Sule CB. Question will be which other 2 midfielders will play with Kimmich.

backpass

Actually Sane has very good pressing data at Bayern - both from the numbers and success rate. Only Musiala with a lot less playing time and Müller have more won pressures per 90 minutes.

Since City he got really better in that aspect.
Often I get angry because they, mostly Müller initate the press and it seems to me that Sane is not in position to prevent the pass.
For sure he is part of it, especially when Bayern is pressing with all Players ridiculous high. However against good oponents where the pressing is based more on specific situations and there is no massive overload of players possible, it seems that Sane is dreaming and missing the situations where effective press is initated and could be successful.

@Blackwidow
Dont you really never have that feeling with Sane?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Oh I know that Sané is highly frustrating, it is just that i would like to play with to wingers (Sané and Gnabry) with Müller next to or around a striker (Havertz or Volland).

Blackwidow

Often I get angry because they, mostly Müller initate the press and it seems to me that Sane is not in position to prevent the pass.
For sure he is part of it, especially when Bayern is pressing with all Players ridiculous high. However against good oponents where the pressing is based more on specific situations and there is no massive overload of players possible, it seems that Sane is dreaming and missing the situations where effective press is initated and could be successful.

@Blackwidow
Dont you really never have that feeling with Sane?
It might be like an expert was analyzing in the season that he just not has the defensive understanding and positioning when to act, but he has the eagerness and on command and with help it works well and for an offensive player he has a real high success rate when he presses or when he really defends. In difference to e.g. Havertz who does not have the numbers and not the success rate. Havertz drives me crazy as he does not go into pressing situation with a lot energy. Right now and at the beginning of the season Sane somehow looked often "unlucky" in that situations, too - in the middle of the season he looked much more improved.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Given the COVID situation in Spain's camp, they'll have to hope that some of those U-21 talents are good enough to join Spain for the Euros. Out of that XI, I can see Mingueza, Villar, and Cucurella possibly make it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I thought it was only Busquets who got infected and who is supposedly already testing negative again?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I thought it was only Busquets who got infected and who is supposedly already testing negative again?
The players are currently isolated and in separate bubbles. Spain are playing it safe by inviting more players to train in their own bubbles just in case the situation gets worse. They're just playing it safe at this point.

Wayne's World

Ireland just did the knee against Hungary in their game in Budapest just now and they were loud boos and very intimidating noises from the home fans.