Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers + Friendlies)

MalaysianRed7

Italy did create stuff yesterday but were wasteful. Macedonia defended quite well. Cleaned up a lot of chances.
We were missing Elmas, our best midfielder due to yellow. He will be back against Portugal.

We have never had a good striker.
If Kolusevski decided to play for Macedonia that would have been great for somebody on the wing. Scoring a goal will be tough.
I have to support Portugal for our 3 players but I have to say that I’m so happy for what your country has done over the past year (beating Germany, playing in the Euros, Pandev scoring, now your best ever win etc). If you win, I’ll have no issues even if it means no Dalot, Bruno and Ronaldo at the World Cup.

It allows people like me from countries who are honestly, pretty awful at football to dream. Obviously North Macedonia would absolutely ruin Malaysia, but still. Best of luck!

Alek M

Da manic one
Let's see what they can do against Portugal.

I have a feeling Portugal will score very fast, and Macedonia will crumble, plus 37 years old Ronaldo is better than Immobile.
Those draws to Bulgaria and Switzerland, despite dominating and creating chances, thanks to Immobile and Jorginho penalties costed Italy the qualification.

The biggest mistake of Italy made was not scoring early, as time was passing italian players started to feel the pressure, and choked.
Yes. If we go down will be tough to come back. But Portugal must kill off the game.
Italy tried to score early but one of our defenders was always there. There was a chance by Berardi when he turned and shot from 5 yards but somehow Alioski bocked it that even Berardi was confused and congratulated him.

Alek M

Da manic one
I have to support Portugal for our 3 players but I have to say that I’m so happy for what your country has done over the past year (beating Germany, playing in the Euros, Pandev scoring, now your best ever win etc). If you win, I’ll have no issues even if it means no Dalot, Bruno and Ronaldo at the World Cup.

It allows people like me from countries who are honestly, pretty awful at football to dream. Obviously North Macedonia would absolutely ruin Malaysia, but still. Best of luck!
Thanks buddy. Before the game I was hopeful but also realistic that chances are low. But we rode our luck, played well as a team and as the game progressed Italy was running out of ideas.
I am worried Ronaldo will have some moments, but what a story this would be for Macedonia.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just realised it's just a couple of friendlies for England, not even Nations League. We're not even playing anyone worth playing :yawn:
The Nations League is during the summer. Ours aren't too bad, but looking at some of the other friendlies being played. :( Sky usually show a load of them but the only one they are showing that looks good is tonight Netherlands v. Denmark.

Ralaks

Our game tonight against Holland could theoretically be the most important friendly in a very long time

If Portugal fecks up against Macedonia it could be the game which decides who gets top seed for the WC (assuming we both win 2nd friendly too)

Paul_Scholes18

What a boring and weak lineup for a friendly.

I guess will England play 5 defenders in the world cup as well?

Worth watching or will it be as boring as the lineup suggest?

Shaw finding form could be good. He is good as wingback.

The England squad has very light attack in this squad given how good attacking quality your country got.
6 central defenders suggest that 3 central defenders is the plan.

Last edited:

Lecland07

Strange Ramsdale is not even on the bench. Pretty sure he has been England's best goalkeeper in the Premier League this season.

Shaw in? How is that even possible?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Strange Ramsdale is not even on the bench. Pretty sure he has been England's best goalkeeper this season.
Not strange when he pulled out the squad almost a week ago :P

Shame White isn't starting, he deserves too.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Ramsdale has a hip injury not covid. Saka has covid. ESR has a small injury.

Cool to see White starting!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Irish booing a gentleman and an honest footballer like Thierry Henry. Disgraceful!

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm actually kinda supporting Macedonia: if we qualify we will have to bare with Fernando Santos until the rest of his contract.

choccy77

I usually never watch England friendlies and having seen them today, I can see why I don't.

Awful

Paul_Scholes18

Quite a fun game. Not the highest quality, but lots of chances.

Despite England playing with a defensive lineup.