Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Paul_Scholes18

I know people like to troll Maguire to look cool but he is their best defender and him and stones are a good combination.
Yeah I agree do not think the defenders is a problem. Keeper and midfield a bigger problem.

Although I rate Henderson and think he could be key. Rice is also decent enough I think.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The midfield is a bigger problem, no?
It’s an issue, but Henderson, Rice Mount is solid and if you can get a Grealish in to there or a Foden it’ll stop creativity being an issue and in some games you can go more expansive. Right now we’re playing a three and Maguire Stones Mings and whoever else are going to make mistakes.
We can’t play a high line and we’re not going to be able to get the most out of the vast attacking options we have.

Southgate will likely end up going with his tried and trusted and it’ll cost us.

AshRK

Yeah I agree do not think the defenders is a problem. Keeper and midfield a bigger problem.

Although I rate Henderson and think he could be key. Rice is also decent enough I think.
Their biggest problem is their manager.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
3-1 for Belgium, Lukaku penalty

Now 156 goals in 52 games under Robert Martinez :)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This must be peak Portugal of last 20 years looking at the stats.

27 shots on and off target and 9 corners. Only goal at home to Azerbaijan is keeper own goal.

slored1

Actually can't believe how good we look defensively against Croatia. Mevlja is a fecking beast.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Tell me about it, I had a very hard time trying to find some positives for the listeners if I'm honest.
When you look at some of the players they had, this lot are a bit uninspiring, but not sure the manager helps. Losing a manager to Barcelona who seemed to be getting a tune out of them didn't help either.

Paul_Scholes18

When you look at some of the players they had, this lot are a bit uninspiring, but not sure the manager helps. Losing a manager to Barcelona who seemed to be getting a tune out of them didn't help either.
The midfield is still good though and defenders is strong with Van Dijk back, but not having players like Robben or Sneijder in attack make a big difference I say.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Shock result looks like Croatia losing to Slovenia. Pretty open group that will be I think, Russia only just about managing to beat Malta 2-1.

I prefer world cup format with just group winners going through and then everyone else scrapping out in play offs. Means you can't just risk 2-3 dodgy results like you can do for the euros so Croatia in danger already.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Gibraltar are defending their loss with every man behind the ball. Have to give it up to their keeper though, he's been very good. Norway with 80% possession and surely over 25 shots should just feel bad.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Belgium now unbeaten in 25 qualifying games (EC2016, WC2018, EC2020) in a row :)

Dan_F

Actually can't believe how good we look defensively against Croatia. Mevlja is a fecking beast.
Congrats. Great performance. That’s gotta be right up there with the best performances ever? Obviously not the same importance as the Ukraine match, but for quality of opponent.

slored1

Congrats. Great performance. That’s gotta be right up there with the best performances ever? Obviously not the same importance as the Ukraine match, but for quality of opponent.
A phenomenal defensive performance, I agree. Our best would probably be against Russia at home in the playoffs for WC 2010, but this was very close.

klsv

They may be looking at him but a hat trick against Estonia isn’t going to excite anyone.
Yeah, Estonia also played with a third string side after a covid outbreak in the squad. The entire coaching staff had to isolate and they asked the manager who they just sacked to take charge again.

Dan_F

A phenomenal defensive performance, I agree. Our best would probably be against Russia at home in the playoffs for WC 2010, but this was very close.
I look forward to it being messed up against Cyprus soon :lol: