Internationals November (World Cup Qualifiers)

RedDevilRoshi

Thanks, should have just made them unseeded. If you finish second, its the same across the groups. Would have made for more interesting matches. Wales will be hoping to avoid Portugal and Italy.

The reason why it’s seeded is because some nations were in groups of 5 and some were in groups of 6. The ones in the groups of 6 had nations like Sam Marino, Gibraltar etc in them so a pretty certain guaranteed 6 point start.

Ramos

Imagine Italy and Portugal end up in the same bracket. Completely possible.

Jaxa

Disappointing to lose to a team like Scotland. Even though Denmark has only used 5 players that they normally use, they should win here. Scotland have had a good shoal but have only 2 players who are really good.
A team like Scotland ? Denmark mate, not Brazil , the arrogance hahaha

It’s disappointing we never battered you 6-0 which we should have, 2-0 flattered you

Ramos

How can this happen? I thought both were seeded?
It's two games. They're both seeded for the first game and will play at home.

But then they have to play the winner of one of the other ties.

RedDevilRoshi

Disappointing to lose to a team like Scotland. Even though Denmark has only used 5 players that they normally use, they should win here. Scotland have had a good shoal but have only 2 players who are really good.
I wouldn’t consider Denmark supporters to be bad losers but I might think otherwise with you. The 2-0 scoreline flattered you and you cannot say it didn’t unless you were watching a different match?

bonothom

Scotland fans do realise that they're probably going to come up against a really strong team in the final play-off match? They may make it through the semi final but it's fairly likely they'll come up against an Italy or Portugal. Good luck with that.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Never seen the point of these teams being in the qualifying. There should be a pre qualifying for teams like San Marino, Andorra, Scotland etc....
I think these minnows actually prefer to play the big teams for financial reasons. Who would bother to watch a round robin pre-qualifier involving San Marino and Faroe Islands?

Hester_manc

A team like Scotland ? Denmark mate, not Brazil , the arrogance hahaha

It’s disappointing we never battered you 6-0 which we should have, 2-0 flattered you
Correct, we are far from Brazil. But you can compare it to Leicester losing to Cardiff. Even if Leicester change half a team, it will be a bit disappointing. Is it okay to be disappointed when you expect more?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Doing his research on who Peacock-Farrell plays for I think.;)

Would be hugely disappointed if Italy don't make it though as I really enjoyed watching them during the euros. Just been a bit complacent, didn't they only draw at home to Bulgaria so that's cost them as much as the two Swiss draws and tonight.
Indeed as it would really look like a proper world cup if they're not in it seeing as they probably have the second best pedigree in the competition after Brazil

I would argue that they still lack a proper striker to be considered a top team they can be really toothless in front of goal at it cost them with too many draws he'll it showed itself in euros were from the quarter final onward they were really struggling with scoring mostly scraping by

Baxter

Scotland fans do realise that they're probably going to come up against a really strong team in the final play-off match? They may make it through the semi final but it's fairly likely they'll come up against an Italy or Portugal. Good luck with that.
You won 10-0. Cheer up.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We apologise for being happy with our team winning.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Listen, it's just good to be in the position to qualify again after years & years of being in the wilderness.

RedDevilRoshi

Cheer up mate, your team won 10-0.

massi83

The reason why it’s seeded is because some nations were in groups of 5 and some were in groups of 6. The ones in the groups of 6 had nations like Sam Marino, Gibraltar etc in them so a pretty certain guaranteed 6 point start.
This makes no sense.
Imagine Italy and Portugal end up in the same bracket. Completely possible.
20%

Ralaks

A bit sad to lose, but hope Scotland qualify, and if the seeding helps, I'll take it I guess. Could end up being a good thing to lose, to lose the sense of immortality.

Only disappointment is the lack of gut shown some of the new guys. Kristensen sleeping on the pitch almost leading Adams to score. Like - this is literally your chance to make your case best for a potential spot at the tournament, yet you look disinterested.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No way will Italy-Portugal be a potential match up. Uefa will warm up the balls to the max to prevent that.

Maniron

Can't wait until this is over, just one more day and then we can forget about it for a year.

World Cup qualifying needs a complete rethink. What on earth is the point of England playing against the likes of San Marino and Albania home and away?

Premier league clubs and their fans are just hoping nobody picks up any injuries

Swiss_Red89

hahahaha ohne Italien fahren wir zur WM!!! Hopp Schwiiiiiz. this is sensational

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was going to ask how come Portugal seemingly end up in playoffs so often. Their record isn't quite as bad as I thought when looking at it more closely but they don't often seem to win qualification groups and make it easy on themselves. I'm sure there'll be quite a few worse teams who overall do better in qualifying.

Euro 2008 - 2nd (automatic)
World Cup 2010 - 2nd (playoffs)
Euro 2012 - 2nd (playoffs)
World Cup 2014 - 2nd (playoffs)
Euro 2016 - 1st (automatic)
WC 2018 - 1st (automatic)
Euro 2020 - 2nd (automatic)
World Cup 2022 - 2nd (playoffs)

Just the 2 group wins in 8 qualifiers and into the playoffs 4 out of 8. At least they tend to make it in the end I suppose.

TheLiverBird

Just waiting for the media, our lovely British media to tell us all how disrespectful our players are for scoring that many goals against poor San Marino

VivaRonaldo85

I wonder what level San Marino would hypothetically play at in English football. I’d have them as a relegation threatened national league side.

Red Star One

As if it wasn’t painful enough to be United supporter these days, Poland managed to quite throw it all away with losing against Hungary at home on a final day, meaning we’re most likely not gonna be seeded for play offs. Smells a semi final in Rome or Lisbon, good bye Qatar ehhhh

Chipper

Adulterer.
I wonder what level San Marino would hypothetically play at in English football. I’d have them as a relegation threatened national league side.
I think you might be being generous to them. I didn't watch tonight, just basing it off their squad.

Goalie is a backup for Cesena in Serie C. While being the 3rd tier in Italy it's regionalised and split into 3 so covers the 41st to 80th best Italian sides. So equivalent to second choice for a League One or Two team.

They have 2 players from Serie D which is non-professional. I imagine some might be semi pro but that's just a guess. It's very regionalised and contains 166 teams so covers the 81st best to 246th best Italian teams. So their 2nd and 3rd best players, assuming they're playing at a level that suits them are anywhere from the equivalent of mid-table League Two to somewhere around Level 7 or 8 of the English pyramid.

Everyone else plays in the San Marino leagues and would likely go to Italy if good enough I would have thought so is probably worse than that.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
They would be a decent regional Sunday senior team.
fecking pointless them playing England.

They conceded 46 goals in 10 games - scored 1.
It must be soul destroying to get a call up to the national team of San Marino