Internationals October (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Euro qualifiers fixtures:

All kick-offs 20:45 CET unless otherwise stated

MATCHDAY SEVEN
Thursday 10 October
Group C: Netherlands v Northern Ireland, Belarus v Estonia
Group E: Croatia v Hungary, Slovakia v Wales
Group G: Latvia v Poland, Austria v Israel, North Macedonia v Slovenia
Group I: Kazakhstan v Cyprus (16:00), Belgium v San Marino, Russia v Scotland

Friday 11 October
Group A: Czech Republic v England, Montenegro v Bulgaria
Group B: Portugal v Luxembourg, Ukraine v Lithuania
Group H: Iceland v France, Turkey v Albania, Andorra v Moldova

Saturday 12 October
Group D: Georgia v Republic of Ireland (15:00), Denmark v Switzerland (18:00)
Group F: Faroe Islands v Romania (18:00), Norway v Spain, Malta v Sweden
Group J: Bosnia and Herzegovina v Finland (18:00), Italy v Greece, Liechtenstein v Armenia

MATCHDAY EIGHT
Sunday 13 October
Group C: Belarus v Netherlands (18:00), Estonia v Germany
Group E: Hungary v Azerbaijan (18:00), Wales v Croatia
Group G: Poland v North Macedonia, Slovenia v Austria
Group I: Kazakhstan v Belgium (15:00), Cyprus v Russia (18:00), Scotland v San Marino (18:00)

Monday 14 October
Group A: Bulgaria v England, Kosovo v Montenegro
Group B: Ukraine v Portugal, Lithuania v Serbia
Group H: France v Turkey, Iceland v Andorra, Moldova v Albania

Tuesday 15 October
Group D: Switzerland v Republic of Ireland, Gibraltar v Georgia
Group F: Sweden v Spain, Romania v Norway, Faroe Islands v Malta
Group G: Israel v Latvia
Group J: Liechtenstein v Italy, Greece v Bosnia and Herzegovina, Finland v Armenia

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Tomori seems class so far. Very very impressed with him.

saivet

Tomori seems class so far. Very very impressed with him.
How is he on the ball? When I watched the England U21s and Derby last season, I wasn't sure what to make of him. Definitely deserves call up anyhow.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not a hugely interesting set of qualifiers.

Iceland-France and Wales-Croatia look most interesting from that set.

saivet

Good that Dele and Lingard have been dropped. Still not sure why Walker is not in the squad again.

Acole9

Outstanding
Fair play to Southgate, he's not afraid to drop an under performing player.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
How is he on the ball? When I watched the England U21s and Derby last season, I wasn't sure what to make of him. Definitely deserves call up anyhow.
Surprisingly good. Had a great assist last night for tammy. Really fast getting back.

Sp00ks11

Rashford is VERY lucky to be in that squad, I doubt he will make the next round of fixtures though.

DoomSlayer

Hopefully Lingard getting dropped is like Smalling and soon he won't feature for our club anymore as well.

saivet

Rashford is VERY lucky to be in that squad, I doubt he will make the next round of fixtures though.
With CHO coming back from injury his place is very much under threat but I imagine Southgate. Dele and Lingard have had sustained periods of poor form and now better options are emerging and Southgate has rightfully dropped them.

Rashford can play no.9 or out wide, which the other options don't have so I think he will be safe in the squad for a while.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Rashford has been injured correct? Surprised if he joins up with the England squad instead of choosing to rest up.

peridigm

Actually looking forward to the break for the first time ever.

Maniwalde

Rashford has been injured correct? Surprised if he joins up with the England squad instead of choosing to rest up.
No, he's just Rashford. Has played at least 85 minutes in all but one league match (60 mins against West Ham) so far this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, he's just Rashford. Has played at least 85 minutes in all but one league match (60 mins against West Ham) so far this season.
Yes, but what percentage fit has he been playing all this time.
He looks like he's well under par.

If he's 100% without any niggles it's very worrying, but I personally don't think he's been right since Liverpool at home last year.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
looking at that England squad I'd go with

Pickford

TAA Tomori Maguire Chilwell

Henderson Rice Maddison

Sancho Kane Sterling​

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
looking at that England squad I'd go with

Pickford

TAA Tomori Maguire Chilwell

Henderson Rice Maddison

Sancho Kane Sterling​
That's not a bad team at all...inexperienced with young players but some real quality in there with the likes of the front 3, TAA, Maguire. Maddison and Rice will be really good if they continue to develop their game and then you have good leaders in Maguire, Henderson and Kane. Probably won't be enough at the Euros but certainly will have a good run I reckon.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
That's not a bad team at all...inexperienced with young players but some real quality in there with the likes of the front 3, TAA, Maguire. Maddison and Rice will be really good if they continue to develop their game and then you have good leaders in Maguire, Henderson and Kane. Probably won't be enough at the Euros but certainly will have a good run I reckon.
the only way they get experience is by playing them so chuck them in I say and we should have enough to qualify regardless, we know what Barkley Rose and Trippier can do, if Gomez was playing you'd pick him but he isn't and Keane isn't international class

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Where is the EL thread. I need a place to declare we're going to beat Porto! :devil:

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Watching all these African brothers opting to represent these European Nations, :houllier:..typical African mentality at it's finest. The squads we could have/ had in our Continent:drool: :drool:, seems the trend is continuing, and even England has joined in now. we'll win the World Cup when jesus comes back at this rate.

Classical Mechanic

Watching all these African brothers opting to represent these European Nations, :houllier:..typical African mentality at it's finest. The squads we could have/ had in our Continent:drool: :drool:, seems the trend is continuing, and even England has joined in now. we'll win the World Cup when jesus comes back at this rate.
Many of them are born and raised here, grew up in this culture (with their African heritage too), were brought up in the English football system and have been playing for England for years. I think the best indicator for which country a player will chose to represent is the one that they’re born in.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Many of them are born and raised here, grew up in this culture (with their African heritage too), were brought up in the English football system and have been playing for England for years. I think the best indicator for which country a player will chose to represent is the one that they’re born in.
True, I guess it's just frustrations talking that's all.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As well as England and, in general with me, the rest of the home nations, I'm curious to see how Group E ends up with Wales, Croatia and Slovakia.

I like watching Slovakia because of Lobotka, and saw their games against Wales and Croatia where they deserved to lose both, but it's still very tight at the top with Wales having a game in hand.

red4ever 79

Big day of mourning in Czech Republic on Friday. They were trying to cancel the game but Uefa said no. There is a state funeral in Prague

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As well as England and, in general with me, the rest of the home nations, I'm curious to see how Group E ends up with Wales, Croatia and Slovakia.

I like watching Slovakia because of Lobotka, and saw their games against Wales and Croatia where they deserved to lose both, but it's still very tight at the top with Wales having a game in hand.
Croatia have some real problems in goal. They called up Kalinic who hasn't played for us since Feb and is now 4th choice. Also called up Sluga at Luton who's made the odd good save but also seems to produce major error every game.

Think this is good time for Wales to play them with Bale back playing regularly and Ramsey also getting a few games to get his match fitness up.