Internationals October (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
First time I’ve watched Havertz quality player, who does he play for and how much would he cost?

But he does have Real Madrid written all over him.
Has been doing extremely well for Leverkusen, their best player in my opinion. Should be costing triple digits (yes, millions ;) ).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Think the subs have disrupted our game. We can't keep the ball and our counters now lack Gnabry.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
That should have been two yellows for both Argentina players

2-2, ah well. Alario is on fire

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
The player who impressed me the most today, as he has done so often recently, was Rodrigo De Paul.

I must admit, a few months ago I knew almost nothing about De Paul other than him being this young kid who played a few games at Valencia. However, as I watched every Argentina game at the Copa America and the friendly today; De Paul has been the one player who has consistently impressed me. He has immense workrate, a good first touch, high football IQ, a good passing range, and a dangerous shot.

I’m surprised that he only plays for Udinese. He could be a good coup for any team looking to improve their midfield in January.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
They showed a stat at the end of my Spanish language feed that has Gnabry level with Klose in goals scored at age 24 with 10 goals. But Gnabry did it in 11 games vs 13 games for Klose.
You lads think Gnabry has the talent to be like Klose long term?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
They showed a stat at the end of my Spanish language feed that has Gnabry level with Klose in goals scored at age 24 with 10 goals. But Gnabry did it in 11 games vs 13 games for Klose.
You lads think Gnabry has the talent to be like Klose long term?
Feel like 'talent' is the wrong term in this case since Klose himself was not a particularly gifted footballer ;) I think Gnabry has much more talent than Klose had. Technique, pace, passing primarily.

I don't think he'll match his scoring record, though. He's on a weirdly good run but he won't continue like that. Maybe, just maybe if Löw will go on with playing him as a striker but I can't really see that in the long run.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
First time I’ve watched Havertz quality player, who does he play for and how much would he cost?

But he does have Real Madrid written all over him.
Leverkusen and €100m. Bayern are of course/allegedly interested for next summer. Coutinho as plan B

izec

The player who impressed me the most today, as he has done so often recently, was Rodrigo De Paul.

I must admit, a few months ago I knew almost nothing about De Paul other than him being this young kid who played a few games at Valencia. However, as I watched every Argentina game at the Copa America and the friendly today; De Paul has been the one player who has consistently impressed me. He has immense workrate, a good first touch, high football IQ, a good passing range, and a dangerous shot.

I’m surprised that he only plays for Udinese. He could be a good coup for any team looking to improve their midfield in January.
i agree

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Udinese were asking more than €40m for De Paul in the summer, he's basically their once chance at avoiding relegation once again. Hence why he's still there

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Udinese were asking more than €40m for De Paul in the summer, he's basically their once chance at avoiding relegation once again. Hence why he's still there
IIRC Inter were interested in signing him or at least linked with him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sort of anxious for tonight. We should, by all means, smash Northern Ireland at home and finally qualify for a tournament after missing two, but who knows, maybe we'll feck it up. With De Ligt's current form I wouldn't put it past him to score a few own goals.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Sort of anxious for tonight. We should, by all means, smash Northern Ireland at home and finally qualify for a tournament after missing two, but who knows, maybe we'll feck it up. With De Ligt's current form I wouldn't put it past him to score a few own goals.
Don't worry. My boy Blind has got this!

(Though I'd love a N.Ireland win)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Belgium again taking their time to score v San Marino, 28 minutes tonight.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Norn Iron deep block really nulified Memphis and Babel tonight.

Could well be a game where Holland win this late with goal from a sub, would be expecting Malen and Donny Van de Beek to both come on so one of those could make a difference.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Slovakia 1-1 Wales.

Point would be decent-ish for Wales as think Slovakia still got Croatia away to play.

ArjenIsM3

Come on now, what do you expect. Our front 3 are championship level at best, infact most of our lineup are.

We usually play decent football. This isn’t a day for trying it though. Just accept Holland will have nearly all the ball and keep it compact.
Didn't expect much but this is just parking a bus on a bus. 0 intention to score. A yellow card for time wasting after 52 minutes ffs. Cowardly.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Didn't expect much but this is just parking a bus on a bus. 0 intention to score. A yellow card for time wasting after 52 minutes ffs. Cowardly.
Well it's same with games v Belarus and Estonia, you boys have to find a solution and these matches can always drag if the better attacking team dosen't get an early goal as we frequently see in league football.

They'll attack more in Belfast. Infact draw here and that pretty much sets up the away game as pretty much all or nothing given you'd be 3 behind Norn Iron with I think 2 games left.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Come on now, what do you expect. Our front 3 are championship level at best, infact most of our lineup are.

We usually play decent football. This isn’t a day for trying it though. Just accept Holland will have nearly all the ball and keep it compact.
Nah, it's fair play for them to do it, just frustrating.

ArjenIsM3

Well it's same with games v Belarus and Estonia, you boys have to find a solution and these matches can always drag if the better attacking team dosen't get an early goal as we frequently see in league football.

They'll attack more in Belfast. Infact draw here and that pretty much sets up the away game as pretty much all or nothing given you'd be 3 behind Norn Iron with I think 2 games left.
We have a game in hand though. And they'll still play the counter in Belfast judging by this.