Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

Needham

Has anyone else gone the whole way and not just not watched any of the games but not even checked the scores either?

Deery

Dreary
Has anyone else gone the whole way and not just not watched any of the games but not even checked the scores either?
Me. Looked at the fixtures and they all seemed pointless but will watch 3 games today.

Deery

Dreary
Harry Kane is injured for the England game but remains with the team.

Deery

Dreary
Thanks.

That says he's "doubtful" for today's game. I bet Spurs will be delighted if he gets picked and is not 100% fit!

You'd think with Kane not fully fit and DCL & Ings having played a couple of days ago, Tammy will start tonight.
Says muscle tightness so probably a chance he’ll play.
If I was Southgate I’d play DCL since he scored in the last match and is in a purple patch atm.

Deery

Dreary
I would bet there will be almost a whole new starting XI, for long term fitness sake if nothing else.
Yep, he will go back to his tried and tested players for Belgium no way Grealish, Saka, Coady etc will start..

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
A win is a win but Löw's comments after the match were ridiculous considering Ukraine were without 12 players.
What thing he has done those last few years was not ridiculous. We played a back five yesterday. Several players said after the match that attacking and working towards the decisive goal was made hard by a lack of players in more attacking positions. Against a way from top strength Ukraine selection.

Deery

Dreary
Grealish is probably England’s most creative player. It’s criminal that he only gets into B teams.
Grealish is one of my favourite players at the moment, should be in the squad but Southgate will go more defensive like always. Rice and Henderson probably.

NYAS

:annoyed:

We've spent a decade with a world class pair of strikers and CBs but a crap midfield.

Now they are about to retire (bar Giménez) we have a wealth of midfielders but nothing up front or behind. Gomez is the best of the bunch albeit no Suarez. Everyone else is a massive drop in quality.
You don’t think Darwin Nuñez is decent? Obviously won’t be world-class but should be good enough as a back-up to Maxi.

In terms of young talent you are stacked in the attacking midfield and wing positions as well as CM. Vina looks to be a good LB.

I think as long as you can find a reliable partner for Gimenez you will be fine. Araujo/Lemos for example, just need to be a reliable 6/10 without being spectacular. You guys have never needed a perfect team to make a big impact.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What sort of team are Belgium putting out?

Did hear Hazard was in the squad despite not featuring for Madrid so far this season (just needs to hold up a Belgium > Waffles > Madrid flag now ;)) and presume Lukaku, Mertens, KDB and this Doku guy who looks a talent are all around so can see England shipping 2 or 3 on the counter attack.

Ramos

What sort of team are Belgium putting out?

Did hear Hazard was in the squad despite not featuring for Madrid so far this season (just needs to hold up a Belgium > Waffles > Madrid flag now ;)) and presume Lukaku, Mertens, KDB and this Doku guy who looks a talent are all around so can see England shipping 2 or 3 on the counter attack.
Both Hazards are out. So are Courtois and Vertonghen. Mertens (and Vermaelen) couldn't join the squad due to Corona-regulations.

So: Mignolet, Alderweireld, Denayer, Boyata, Meunier, Witsel, Tielemans, Castagne, De Bruyne, Carrasco, Lukaku. Something like that.

Deery

Dreary
Ireland playing something that resembles football under Kennyball, it’s good to see but still lack a goal scorer..

kidbob

Long should have taken that on himself instead of looking for Hendrick. I know we've a new style but we don't need to go full Barcelona yet.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
God be with the days when Robbie Brady used to be able to pick out a pass. That apart, I think Ireland have been excellent.

arnie_ni

That england team is something. What is southgate at.

Cant imagine how actual england fans feel when it annoys even me

Sylar

That england team is something. What is southgate at.

Cant imagine how actual england fans feel when it annoys even me
It's frustrating seeing how defensive it is when the strength lies in the attack