Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

jesperjaap

Poor opposition as Wales had virtually all there best players missing, but encouraging. I rate Sahko and Reece James very highly, potentially I think they are actually our best two full backs amongst several we have at the moment and both did well. Grealish who I wanted us to sign also did well, for me he is made for international football and good enough to be in our best eleven amongst again many good wide players.

Calvert-Lewis took his chance very well, he looks to be developing into a good striker, was never sure about him before to be honest but the player who has impressed me most has been Coady, not sure of him in a back four but he has done very well for England so far and lets face it we are short at centre back, so thats encouraging

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bosnia out!

That's a great result for Norn Iron yet again. Home to Slovakia in final play off.

Scotland incredibly score all five penalties. Away to Serbia so will be massive underdogs there.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What are the games for the final?

Serbia v Scotland
Slovakia v N. Ireland

Deery

Dreary
Out on penalties when we were the better team, still missing a goal threat..

Another big tournament missed for the Irish. Bollocks to it anyway.

Lay

Either Georgia or North Macedonia will go through to the Euro's.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
What a fecking performance.

This is the best I have seen us play in ten years easily. Absolutely buzzing.

Also, Milinkovic Savic scored probably the best goal I have ever seen our NT score, be it Yugoslavia or Serbia.

Although would be like us to feck it up in a seemingly much easier home game against Scotland

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not quite finished for tonight.

23.45pm kick off in Montevideo, Commebol world cup qualifiers are back! :D

Fancy Uruguay to win 2-1 but with a few injuries and key players getting into their 30s think both will struggle to get automatic qualification for 2022. Chile really going to miss their golden generation, loads of Chile league players in their squad.

Tabarez still going strong at 73, oldest national team manager in world football?

Swearing Budgie

So Grealish was good again tonight. Strange how so many on here thought he would be a benchwarmer for us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s quality. Would walk into our best XI and improve it significantly. A massive upgrade on Pogba, that’s for damn sure.
He's not played Pogba's position in years, and didn't even look good there when he did.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Lagerback is a fecking dinosaur. Put him out of his misery before he manages to waste the likes of Ødegaard and Haaland. Fair enough if we had lost by playing to our strengths but he puts out the most cowardly XI ever, gets ripped apart defensively and there’s no one there to provide any sort of service to Haaland. fecking joke how he uses players out of positions and players who aren’t even playing for their clubs, all the while there are form players in those positions on the bench who should be starting. We get what we deserve for hiring an outdated Swede.

Wayne's World

Not quite finished for tonight.

23.45pm kick off in Montevideo, Commebol world cup qualifiers are back! :D

Fancy Uruguay to win 2-1 but with a few injuries and key players getting into their 30s think both will struggle to get automatic qualification for 2022. Chile really going to miss their golden generation, loads of Chile league players in their squad.

Tabarez still going strong at 73, oldest national team manager in world football?
Does anyone know what channel this match is on? I might watch it before going to bed

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can see I'm not going to get any sense out of you on this topic.

Time for bed anyway.
I’m mainly being a smart arse but he does what Pogba tries to do, only better. Takes the ball under pressure, beats his man and plays a clever pass. Rinse and repeat. The main difference is he wins loads of fouls while Pogba gives them away. I’m off to bed too.

Sunburnt Red

Supports
United
I've only just calmed down, my blood pressure must be through the roof watching NI going to penalties! Roll on Belfast next month :)

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
fecking penalties!! I wish they were eradicated from football. At least from the regular time, and only be used if the game is tied after 120min during tournaments.

Lay

Would like to see Scotland at a major tournament again

R'hllor

To all those Serbians who were insisting their team were the underdog: now do you believe us?

Christ how badly Norway folds in decisive matches... it’s comforting in its regularity.
Who ever said said we were underdogs overhyped us, we aint even on underdog level when it comes to national team. Hard to explain but trust me, you have to watch those cnuts for years and years to understand. Dunno what happened with Norway etc.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
England vs Wales
Of course Kane is Kane but i wanna see Calvert-Lewin again against Belgium on Sunday.

And next month we must see a attacking midfield with Grealish + Foden (with Barkley, Mount, Maddison and Alli as the back-up options)......yeah i know Southgate has said that Grealish is a left winger in his eyes but the two places should go to Sterling, Rashford or Sancho.

Euro qualifiers
So much penalty shoot-outs at the same time was not cool :lol: