Internationals October (World Cup Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Aren’t you the one that put up the squads?

No unless your post is wrong..
I just copied and pasted, only glanced at the starting 11 and didn’t bother with the bench. Presumed he wasn’t playing b cause he played the semi final and this is a rather pointless match but seems he’s not there at all.

Deery

Dreary
I just copied and pasted, only glanced at the starting 11 and didn’t bother with the bench. Presumed he wasn’t playing b cause he played the semi final and this is a rather pointless match but seems he’s not there at all.
I think he walked down the tunnel without shaking hands last game maybe an injury?

OoopsMisclick

Martinez completely wasted this generation.
Time for him to go.

• He's been found out tactically on numerous occasions.
  • He's been playing his favorites even if they are out of form or just too old.
  • He has been dodging his responsibility and just blames the players 100% of the time.
After Wilmots, I thought it couldn't get much worse but I was wrong.
If this was another coach, he would have been fired. Luckily (for him), he has friends in high places

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
The score flatters Italy, imo.

Should have been a tie so far. We've hit the woodwork three times and gave away a soft penalty that was nearly saved.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
the balls in front of Donnarumma.

probably to late.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Belgium played well tbf, wasted chances.

De Kerelaere seems good, can see him goint to PL or Spain soon.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Like three days ago, this was just a glorified friendly ending with an awkward result. Spain-France next, coming in half an hour, should have more juice because of their different styles.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Time for him to go.

• He has been dodging his responsibility and just blames the players 100% of the time.
If this was another coach, he would have been fired. Luckily (for him), he has friends in high places
The Belgium squad just isnt that good anymore. There must not be a lot talent around in some positions if they're playing J-league defenders and are trying to get Struijk to declare for Belgium.

Not trying to deflect from from your criticisms but literally all the international managers are has-beens or have-never-beens.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Time for him to go.

I think problem here is Belgium just wasted a couple of tournaments under Wilmots. Perhaps 2014 was too early for them but losing to Wales in euros was really poor and I'd have fancied them v Portugal in a SF.

So really they've played two tournaments under Martinez. Can't fault him too much for 2018, beat Brazil which must be Belgium's best ever tournament result and then lost narrowly to France in a high quality SF. Give them England or Croatia and they would've made the final imo.

Think they really suffered from euros being delayed a year. All the CBs a year older and it showed and De Bruyne and Hazard both went into the tournament pretty unfit.

Their main hope for Qatar is Lukaku and De Bruyne peaking for that tournament but even then I don't think they'll win it as Vertonghen and Toby just aren't that good anymore. Don't know if they have any world class CBs coming through (that's not Jason Denayer btw) but going to be a weak area whatever formation they try.

Pretty likely they'll just be another very talented national team that never won anything so can keep their neighbours and England company in that section.

Cloud7

I've really never been able to like Belgium. Despite the fact that Hazard and De Bruyne have been two of my favorite players in recent years, I've always been really glad when they don't do well. Probably something to do with Lukaku, Martinez and previously Felliani.

Cloud7

Backing Spain for this one. I like this young Spain team and what Enrique is doing with them.

laughtersassassin

No one can convince me Pogba isn't a great Midfielder.

Look at that pass! Nutmeg through ball!

And we Sacrifice that to play two limited Midfielders who also don't even help us get clean sheets

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Very weird not to see Benzema scoring on that one, he really screwed up.

Shark

@NotShark
No one can convince me Pogba isn't a great Midfielder.

Look at that pass! Nutmeg through ball!

And we Sacrifice that to play two limited Midfielders who also don't even help us get clean sheets
In a side that controls possession he's top class. In a side that's reliant on counter attacks and soaking up pressure he's not going to thrive.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In a side that controls possession he's top class. In a side that's reliant on counter attacks and soaking up pressure he's not going to thrive.
He has mainly thrived in sides that play on the counter with low blocks. Whether you are talking about France or Juventus.