Internationals October (World Cup Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

Pintu

So who do you think from the current France squad would get into France all time best XI? Maybe Varane, Kante, and Lloris on the bench.
I think 10 times ballon d'or nominee Benzema would be an obvious choice had he not been robbed of 5 years of international football.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
So who do you think from the current France squad would get into France all time best XI? Maybe Varane, Kante, and Lloris on the bench.
I'd say Pogba and Lloris in the all time best, Griezmann on the bench.
Lloris
Thuram-Tresor-Desailly-Liza
Tigana-Deschamps-Pogba
Zidane
Fontaine - Platini.
Bench : Kopa, Barthez, Blanc, Vieira, Henry, Griezmann, Varane

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I'd say Pogba and Lloris in the all time best, Griezmann on the bench.
Lloris
Thuram-Tresor-Desailly-Liza
Tigana-Deschamps-Pogba
Zidane
Fontaine - Platini.
Bench : Kopa, Barthez, Blanc, Vieira, Henry, Griezmann, Varane
Weird seeing an Arsenal fan have Henry & Vieira on the bench. Apocalyptic stuff.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Weird seeing an Arsenal fan have Henry & Vieira on the bench. Apocalyptic stuff.
I'm french too, Pogba is far more important in this national team than Vieira ever was.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think 10 times ballon d'or nominee Benzema would be an obvious choice had he not been robbed of 5 years of international football.
He was only good for France NT in the last Euro. Fontaine and Henry are first two.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm french too, Pogba is far more important in this national team than Vieira ever was.
yes, agreed. I and many have been saying that Pogba is the best France player of current squad.
But he's behind Kopa, Platini, and Zidane as creative force, imho. You can't replace Vieira with Pogba in any France NT setup in Zidane's era. Again, imho.

Sildegil

Barthez
Thuram - Tresor - Desailly - Liza
Makelele - Kante
Tigana - Zidane - Platini
Henry

Posh Red

What about it Garcia intercepts the pass successfully, but then tries a back pass and scuffs it to Mbappe? Would people say that should be offside too? I can kind of see the problem

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
There aren’t many chances to win trophies for your country so players get easily motivated for it
Such an easy trick to turn friendlies into games where players actually try, come up with a name and trophy and voila. I'm glad they did it, I just didn't like they came up with it basically weeks after the world cup.

Pintu

Countries really go for nations league. Thought it would be treated more like friendlies.
France's victory tonight is worth 11 Millions. The national football associations are not running on high budgets so that alone is definitely a motivating factor for the coaches. And Coaches can always motivate players. It is not like club level where you got multiple trophies to go after every single year.

yes, agreed. I and many have been saying that Pogba is the best France player of current squad.
But he's behind Kopa, Platini, and Zidane as creative force, imho. You can't replace Vieira with Pogba in any France NT setup in Zidane's era. Again, imho.
Vieira wasn't even a starter in the 1998 team. Pogba is considered by many to be the main player (or at least top 3 most important players) of the 2018 winning team. As he was in the team that made the Euro final in 2016 and the one winning this trophy tonight.

The set up of an "all time team" dosen't have to be the Zidane set up. It just need to be the best possible 11. And you can definitely fit Pogba, Platini and Zidane in some set up if you want to.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Where’s Olmo? Really liked the look of him at the Euros
Injured, he looks good but has to improve shooting at goal.
In the Euro Morata took the fame but he also missed very easy chances

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Many people don’t recognise Israel as a legitimate state.
that's like not recognising Germany or any other country. In fact, Israel, unlike other nations, specifically got United Nations backing to exist. And at a time when the Cold War was at its height, both the USA and the (then) USSR voted "yes".

I don't like the fascist rule in Hungary or the anti-LGBTQ stance in parts of Poland. I don't like the restrictive laws in many other countries or the human rights violations in places, including the one where the World Cup is being played next year. But I can't tun around and say those places don't exist

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
that's like not recognising Germany or any other country. In fact, Israel, unlike other nations, specifically got United Nations backing to exist. And at a time when the Cold War was at its height, both the USA and the (then) USSR voted "yes".

I don't like the fascist rule in Hungary or the anti-LGBTQ stance in parts of Poland. I don't like the restrictive laws in many other countries or the human rights violations in places, including the one where the World Cup is being played next year. But I can't tun around and say those places don't exist
I didn’t say they don’t exist. I said I don’t recognise them as a legitimate state. But this is for another thread. So let’s agree to disagree.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Such an easy trick to turn friendlies into games where players actually try, come up with a name and trophy and voila. I'm glad they did it, I just didn't like they came up with it basically weeks after the world cup.
For this reason it still doesn’t feel like a real trophy to me. And it’s scant consolation for messing up in the Euros to the degree that France did. But I guess for now it will paper over the divisions that clearly still exist in that team. And Deschamps clings on. We’ll have to see how they do in Qatar with a coach that I think is not of the highest quality.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hansi's first real test tonight - erase that humiliating defeat to North Macedonia from our memories or live on as a failure.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Hansi's first real test tonight - erase that humiliating defeat to North Macedonia from our memories or live on as a failure.
A true make-or-break moment for Flick here tonight against North Macedonia

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
In the England u21 match the goalkeeper is called Etienne Green who plays for Saint-Étienne who’s colours are green.

JuriM

The ref seems wack at our game vs Wales, giving away too easy fouls for Welsh favor and Aaron Ramsey having his best Busquets antics there.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Havertz had to shoot from around 5 positions there. He seems a bit shot too.

Wtf, Kimmich getting laserpointered while taking a corner...

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Say what you will about Timo Werner (...), but even if he misses a chance, he always comes back and tries and tries again until he finally misses again.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Netherlands are all over Gibraltar and its only 30 mins in.
They're playing some vintage LVG sex masochism football too :drool: