Internationals October (World Cup Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Foden's carreer as a dominant midfielder stopped after one game against Andorra. Sad. Guess it's not as easy when the guy who defends you is not a part time car mechanic (in all fairness he wasn't bad, but nothing special).

Mike Smalling

He's such a good finisher. Rarely let's a good chance gonto waste. He really likes that near post finish too.

Did the exact same in the away game against Austria as well, if memory serves me right. Opens up his body to fake the far post shot and slots it in by the near post instead. Brilliantly simple.

Also, we are going to the World Cup! Not that it was really in any doubt, but nice to have it secured. And with a flawless record no less - conceding goals is for suckers.

MUFC OK

So so glad we never went in to Harry Kane. Man looks like he’s nearly finished - would not look good in a Utd team that rarely creates clear cut chances.

Bobski

Foden's carreer as a dominant midfielder stopped after one game against Andorra. Sad. Guess it's not as easy when the guy who defends you is not a part time car mechanic (in all fairness he wasn't bad, but nothing special).
He kept showing visible frustration that the defenders were not giving him the ball in super tight areas through small gaps. 5 years and he will be great in that role but he left a lot of space and gaps for Hungary to have easy possession.

redshaw

I'm pleased at least Hungary came to make a game of it and played well, really good response from them after the 4-0. So many of these qualifiers can be boring to watch but this was a decent game even though there wasn't many chances.

I think England have lost their way in attack with so many options.

EtH

Southgate loves his kids unless you are called Mason Greenwood.
Yeah it’s really bizarre considering Foden has been back with the team for some time now. The fact that Mount and Saka are automatic starters is just as bizarre, mind.

MUFC OK

Southgate loves his kids unless you are called Mason Greenwood.
From what I’ve heard it’s the opposite. Southgate wants greenwood involved but he’s waiting on MG to give the green light for selection again after the debacle of last year.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He kept showing visible frustration that the defenders were not giving him the ball in super tight areas through small gaps. 5 years and he will be great in that role but he left a lot of space and gaps for Hungary to have easy possession.
There's a big chance he ends up being a great midflielder yeah, it was just a little taunt toward the comments we saw after the last game that really went overboard without realizing that england was facing Andorra, a team made mostly of literal amateurs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Congrats to Denmark, second euro team to qualify.

Going to be a very dangerous floater in the draw, not one you'd want to run into in knock out rounds as their level has been incredible for last year.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Sweet rotting smell. Rotting? England’s easy WC draw. Qatar! What ranking? Crowd trouble from Albania and Poland supporters, ugly racist scenes. I flicked listlessly between channels. England dire. Bit sorry for Shaw - it was a peno though. Most of the positive vibes from Ireland (just a friendly, I know): Steven Kenny, Robinson. Kendrick played well.

EtH

Congrats to Denmark, second euro team to qualify.

Going to be a very dangerous floater in the draw, not one you'd want to run into in knock out rounds as their level has been incredible for last year.
Brilliant stuff from them. I really like the look of Mæhle and would love to see us add him as an option. I’m not sure AWB would be able to fend him off. Electric player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Did the exact same in the away game against Austria as well, if memory serves me right. Opens up his body to fake the far post shot and slots it in by the near post instead. Brilliantly simple.

Also, we are going to the World Cup! Not that it was really in any doubt, but nice to have it secured. And with a flawless record no less - conceding goals is for suckers.
They've barely even been in danger of conceding a goal. And this isn't a group of no marks either. Scotland, Austria and Israel are decent teams. Hjulmand has done an unbelievable job with this team.

The U23's coming through are very talented too. As we said during the euros, it's an exciting time to be Danish.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
From what I’ve heard it’s the opposite. Southgate wants greenwood involved but he’s waiting on MG to give the green light for selection again after the debacle of last year.
Nope. He hasn’t selected him several times while equally young players and younger players (Bellingham) have been selected.
He doesn’t want to play him ahead of other players but as Greenwood is too good he needs excuses so keeps saying how he wants him to develop and get enough rest, etc.

PoTMS

You'd hate to be a English United fan. Between Solskjaer and Southgate, I can't fathom how much of a waste both teams are under these men.

RedDevilRoshi

Brilliant stuff from them. I really like the look of Mæhle and would love to see us add him as an option. I’m not sure AWB would be able to fend him off. Electric player.
Can he play RB? I thought he was a LB?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You'd hate to be a English United fan. Between Solskjaer and Southgate, I can't fathom how much of a waste both teams are under these men.
I just find it annoying that they're pretty much exactly the same manager, especially when it comes to their weaknesses.

RedDevilRoshi

Can play either side. Came up as a RB.
Fair do’s. He definitely looks a fantastic player. Wouldn’t mind him here either but then again, I’m sure other clubs that are looking for a fullback and probably more desperate than us for one will be looking at him.

Mike Smalling

They've barely even been in danger of conceding a goal. And this isn't a group of no marks either. Scotland, Austria and Israel are decent teams. Hjulmand has done an unbelievable job with this team.

The U23's coming through are very talented too. As we said during the euros, it's an exciting time to be Danish.
Agree, it's been extremely comfortable, but I have to say that both Austria and Israel have posed very little threat in both our games against them. Of course, we can take some of the credit for that, but Austria were poor today. Didn't catch our game against Scotland, but they also don't strike me as very threatening.

No matter which way you look at it, it's been terrific, but will be interesting to see how we do, when we meet better teams again. For now I just hope they go for the perfect record of 10 victories and 10 clean sheets :D

RedDevilRoshi

So as things stand the play offs look like this;

Seeded

Portugal
Switzerland
Scotland
Spain
Poland
Croatia

Unseeded

Czech Republic
Norway
Romania
Ukraine
Wales
Austria

12 teams are split into 3 groups of 4 and there's a single semi final and a final in each group and the 3 winners go through to the World Cup.

EtH

Fair do’s. He definitely looks a fantastic player. Wouldn’t mind him here either but then again, I’m sure other clubs that are looking for a fullback and probably more desperate than us for one will be looking at him.
Yeah he’s no secret at this point. We are so thin at fullback though, and AWB is clearly lacking when we need attacking threat against low blocks. But we’re more interested in Trippier. Sigh.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
So as things stand the play offs look like this;

Seeded

Portugal
Switzerland
Scotland
Spain
Poland
Croatia

Unseeded

Czech Republic
Norway
Romania
Ukraine
Wales
Austria

12 teams are split into 3 groups of 4 and there's a single semi final and a final in each group and the 3 winners go through to the World Cup.
How are the seeds ranked? Is it based on points from the group?

0le

Positives:
- Shaw put some decent crosses in the box.
- Grealish looked lively.
- Foden looked decent in the middle.

Negatives:
- Kane was shit.
- Walker had a poor game.
- Rice struggled to cope in midfield on his own.
- Mount produced another nothing performance.
- Saka and Abraham did nothing when they came on.
- Strange game management from Southgate.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The whole spirit around the Danish national side is the best it's been since the 80s, maybe ever.

8 wins from 8, 27-0 is a fantastic record. Hjulmand is an outrageous coach.

To think there were Welsh posters arguing they were stronger on paper than us when we played each other at the EC.

RedDevilRoshi

Points from the group but results against 6th placed teams don’t count.
The top 6 runners up are seeded and the 4 worst runners up plus the 2 Nations League qualifiers are unseeded.

However the results against the nation that finishes 6th will not count as some groups only have 5 nations in it.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Points from the group but results against 6th placed teams don’t count.
Got it. I thought they were done on FIFA ranking, but clearly with Scotland in the top group that isn't the case. Thanks for the info.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Cavani played the whole match, Fred subbed in the last few minutes. Wouldn't expect either to feature tomorrow.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yep it's genuinely infuriating...although in Ole's defence Southgate is a good few hundred rungs further up the clueless ladder.

If Southgate took over United when Ole did either he'd have been sacked over a year ago or we'd be about 17th

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The whole spirit around the Danish national side is the best it's been since the 80s, maybe ever.

8 wins from 8, 27-0 is a fantastic record. Hjulmand is an outrageous coach.

To think there were Welsh posters arguing they were stronger on paper than us when we played each other at the EC.

Surely not :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Neymar finished the game against Uruguay with 8 key passes, it's huge. If it was not for his teamates who didn't want to score, he should have had 5-6 assists. Amazing display

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Yep it's genuinely infuriating...although in Ole's defence Southgate is a good few hundred rungs further up the clueless ladder.

If Southgate took over United when Ole did either he'd have been sacked over a year ago or we'd be about 17th
Agree with this. Ole isn't anywhere near perfect but he is still leagues above Southgate.