Internationals October (World Cup Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

MUFC OK

From what I’ve heard it’s the opposite. Southgate wants greenwood involved but he’s waiting on MG to give the green light for selection again after the debacle of last year.
Nope. He hasn’t selected him several times while equally young players and younger players (Bellingham) have been selected.
He doesn’t want to play him ahead of other players but as Greenwood is too good he needs excuses so keeps saying how he wants him to develop and get enough rest, etc.
I’ll take my props on this one now thanks - considering I was shot down for saying this 3 weeks ago..

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Weird comments from Southgate…

Southgate's mishandled Mason from day one. Sticking an 18 year old in front of camera to talk about Maguire in Myknos, blaming him for England getting a draw after the Iceland incident and exiling him from the team (while giving Phil Foden's a slap on the wrist) and now this weird commentary.

Deery

Dreary
Southgate's mishandled Mason from day one. Sticking an 18 year old in front of camera to talk about Maguire in Myknos, blaming him for England getting a draw after the Iceland incident and exiling him from the team (while giving Phil Foden's a slap on the wrist) and now this weird commentary.
Absolutely I can’t stand Southgate and the way he’s treating Mason and now to go and threaten him with his whole England career, who the hell does Southgate think he is 2 bit cnut..

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Absolutely I can’t stand Southgate and the way he’s treating Mason and now to go and threaten him with his whole England career, who the hell does Southgate think he is 2 bit cnut..
Honestly, I've got no time for Southgate at all. Some rumours that the powers that be want him to replace Ole. That's one of the few things that could make me give up Man Utd for a bit. Southgate has no business being anywhere near Man Utd.

Deery

Dreary
Honestly, I've got no time for Southgate at all. Some rumours that the powers that be want him to replace Ole. That's one of the few things that could make me give up Man Utd for a bit. Southgate has no business being anywhere near Man Utd.
I agree would hate to see Southgate at Old Trafford, he wouldn’t have a clue what to do with club management we seen how he made stupid decisions in the Euros final and I think he’s been lucky with draws and the players have basically done everything for him.

Deery

Dreary
It's not weird. Greenwood and his family have asked not to be selected while he concentrates on his club career and establishing himself as a player. Southgate is simply agreeing with that?
That’s not what he’s saying at all he’s threatening him with his England career when he has more goals than Harry Kane this season.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Sounds like Greenword doesn't want to play for England this year. Not sure why Southgate is being blamed?

Ole'sgunnarwin

It's not weird. Greenwood and his family have asked not to be selected while he concentrates on his club career and establishing himself as a player. Southgate is simply agreeing with that?
You don't think him saying, "Maybe there isn't an England career is weird"?

Classical Mechanic

Hardly hysterical now.
Your narrative is simply wrong and weird to boot. Greenwood's family have asked for him not to be selected numerous times now so he can concentrate on his club career and establishing himself as a player. Southgate is actually defending the player here from the inevitable criticism that he's not committed etc by trying to explain the logic of a young player concentrating on his club career and not accepting call ups.

Deery

Dreary
Your narrative is simply wrong and weird to boot. Greenwood's family have asked for him not to be selected numerous times now so he can concentrate on his club career and establishing himself as a player. Southgate is actually defending the player here from the inevitable criticism that he's not committed etc by trying to explain the logic of a young player concentrating on his club career and not accepting call ups.
You get that from saying “maybe there won’t be an England career here for him anyway”?

Why has Foden been handed different to Greenwood?

Classical Mechanic

You get that from saying “maybe there won’t be an England career here for him anyway”?

Why has Foden been handed different to Greenwood?
I get it from the whole paragraph and the situation. You're not even trying to understand the context by isolating that sentence. England fans are starting to wonder if he wants to be selected at all. Southgate obviously wants to call him up otherwise he wouldn't be talking to United and Greenwood's family about it, this is what he said about it

"John McDermott [Football Association technical director] and myself went to United and had a good chat with Mason and his family and we agreed we would park this until next year basically. We would leave the autumn games.

"Of course you always run the risk that other people are going to come through, but he's young enough that there is time here.

"It's not that he doesn't want to be with us. We totally understand the situation. Myself and John in particular, Steve Holland [England assistant coach] through his time coaching with lots of young players... we understand this journey they are going on."

I'd agree that the whole Iceland thing was poorly handled and that plays a part in why he wants to concentrate on United this year but when a player turns down call ups then some people get upset about it. Greenwood pulled out of the u17 Euros because of his GCSEs. This upset some fans because all the other players were in the same situation. Of course we don't know why he did that but it sets a narrative for some people. I really think that Southgate is defending the player here from that criticism because you can start to see this as a theme.

I don't think he is being treated differently to Foden. Foden is further on in his career and want to be called up so he is.

Deery

Dreary
I get it from the whole paragraph and the situation. You're not even trying to understand the context by isolating that sentence. England fans are starting to wonder if he wants to be selected at all. Southgate obviously wants to call him up otherwise he wouldn't be talking to United and Greenwood's family about it, this is what he said about it

"John McDermott [Football Association technical director] and myself went to United and had a good chat with Mason and his family and we agreed we would park this until next year basically. We would leave the autumn games.

"Of course you always run the risk that other people are going to come through, but he's young enough that there is time here.

"It's not that he doesn't want to be with us. We totally understand the situation. Myself and John in particular, Steve Holland [England assistant coach] through his time coaching with lots of young players... we understand this journey they are going on."

I'd agree that the whole Iceland thing was poorly handled and that plays a part in why he wants to concentrate on United this year but when a player turns down call ups then some people get upset about it. Greenwood pulled out of the u17 Euros because of his GCSEs. This upset some fans because all the other players were in the same situation. Of course we don't know why he did that but it sets a narrative for some people. I really think that Southgate is defending the player here from that criticism because you can start to see this as a theme.

I don't think he is being treated differently to Foden. Foden is further on in his career and want to be called up so he is.
Well I think he’s worded it poorly and there’s a bit of needle in there as well.