Internationals September (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
They played together 70 minutes vs Switzerland in the Nations League, it will be the same.

This fantastic 4 bollocks needs to end though :lol:

Jury is still out on Felix but Bruno is not good enough to be put in that company. He can do so once he starts playing better than William.
I think it’s catchy :wenger: and also Bruno is still in the early days of his national team career. He will need time to settle and replicate his club form with his country. Bernardo had a similar problem up until the nations league.

Either way these are the 4 best players the country has to offer and they are all starting together which could be fun to see.

SportingCP96

Supports
I hope we can get a goal against you guys just for fun although I reckon it’s going to be a massacre.
Is it going to be a packed stadium? What’s it looking like?

Tickle Lad

Supports
Leicester City
Henderson, Rice and Barkley :annoyed:

I get the importance of loyalty but how exactly are other, probably superior midfielders like Maddison going to get a look in if the above three keep "proving themselves" against Kosovo, Bugaria, Shitghanistan?

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah it’s a tiny stadium to be fair and Portugal fans are having a good time already.:D
Share some opinions on the game later on since your there and can see it all up front! Enjoy your time mate and good luck on the game (but not too much luck;)).

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The oldest first 11 that Iceland has ever fielded.

Honestly don't know why we hired a manager that's so afraid. Goalkeeper was finished a long time ago (never that good to begin with) and two starters are without a club. Meanwhile we probably have our best ever U21 squad but none of them don't even make the squad.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
The oldest first 11 that Iceland has ever fielded.

Honestly don't know why we hired a manager that's so afraid. Goalkeeper was finished a long time ago (never that good to begin with) and two starters are without a club. Meanwhile we probably have our best ever U21 squad but none of them don't even make the squad.
U21 Euro 2021 qualification is on also atm.

kidbob

70% possession here for Ireland. McCarthy showing Pep up here hugely. Don't need a chequebook to play total football.

Snow

U21 Euro 2021 qualification is on also atm.
I know but the A team is a lot bigger. Sancho isn't playing for the U21 now is he. What am saying is that there are players in the U21 that look better than some of the players in our squad.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ross Barkley and Jesse Lingard. James Maddison must wonder what he's got to do.

SportingCP96

Supports
These players need to play more often together. There is zero chemistry.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Back-to-back misses for Griezmann from the penalty spot.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
These players need to play more often together. There is zero chemistry.
Just realized Félix is playing. Santos couldn't resist another game without the golden boy and Guedes even scored against Sérbia.

Snow

For you betting people who didn't consider putting money on Albania:

Iceland had won 3 in a row and have never won 4 in a row.

Albania had kept a clean sheet 4 games in a row at home.

Iceland's lineup is the oldest ever (30+) and if you saw the WC many of them aren't quick to recover.

Aron Einar left Cardiff for Qatar because of that reason. We've got a 35 year old player without a club starting the match.

Our "striker" isn't a great goalscorer as Championship players might know. He's a second striker type player.

What I'm saying is don't bet on Iceland to turn around the match and win.