Internationals September (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Even if our players are shit, our national team will always be far superior to yours especially in terms of success and pedigree :lol: win a major tournament first before getting so smug. Or else the inevitable disappointment will come put you a peg down when you face a half decent team in the knockout round in the Euros. Oh and don’t put bottlejob flat track bully Kane in the same league with Sterling and Sancho.

German fans looking in to the past :lol:. New international version of Liverpool.

Our NT right now pisses all over yours. And I'll take our near future over yours any day of the week too.

Can't be arsed with the Kane bollocks. You're clueless, and every manager in world football would kill to have him in their squad, the comments from anyone who is anybody in football about Kane say all you need to know for me not to care about your opinion.

fergiesarmy1

It was rhetorical in intent. You didn't need to give me a full dissertation, when you brought him up a player out of the blue just to bash him, I got the hint. He's here for at least this season, looks like it'll be painful to you.
Well it’s pretty hard to know if a rhetorical question is in intent on a Internet forum when followed by a question mark responding to someone’s post a day ago, sorry for responding. I brought it up yesterday in comparison to de bruyne when some nut jobs on here believe pogba is a POY or even more absurdly a ballon dor contender.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Even if our players are shit, our national team will always be far superior to yours especially in terms of success and pedigree :lol: win a major tournament first before getting so smug. Or else the inevitable disappointment will come put you a peg down when you face a half decent team in the knockout round in the Euros. Oh and don’t put bottlejob flat track bully Kane in the same league with Sterling and Sancho.
Supports "Die Mannschaft" sagt viel über dich aus ;)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well it’s pretty hard to know if a rhetorical question is in intent on a Internet forum when followed by a question mark responding to someone’s post a day ago, sorry for responding. I brought it up yesterday in comparison to de bruyne when some nut jobs on here believe pogba is a POY or even more absurdly a ballon dor contender.
I am teasing you. No worries. I don't have an issue with your view on Pogba tbh, just found it weird that you commented on him when he wasn't even playing tonight is all. Nothing serious anyway

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
German fans looking in to the past :lol:. New international version of Liverpool.

Our NT right now pisses all over yours. And I'll take our near future over yours any day of the week too.

Can't be arsed with the Kane bollocks. You're clueless, and every manager in world football would kill to have him in their squad, the comments from anyone who is anybody in football about Kane say all you need to know for me not to care about your opinion.
Aw you are so cute. Pisses all over our team?! :lol: Get to a semi-final consistently first before you talk and last World Cup was an anomaly which will never happen again. First decent team in Croatia you met and you shit your pants. Calm your knickers, you’ve been in one of the easiest qualification group as you always have been, beating cannon fodder teams and now you’re getting so smug.

By the way, Liverpool is on the upward trajectory now so that’s a good thing for our future!

Kane is and will always be a flat track bully because simply of the fact that he can’t perform at the biggest stage and when responsibility comes to him at the biggest moment, he bottles it. He also has no ambition at all, staying at a small club who will never win anything in his career lifetime. A good striker but not great and world-class.

Ps: Obviously you cared enough about my opinion of him for you to respond to me :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Aw you are so cute. Pisses all over our team?! :lol: Get to a semi-final consistently first before you talk and last World Cup was an anomaly which will never happen again. First decent team in Croatia you met and you shit your pants. Calm your knickers, you’ve been in one of the easiest qualification group as you always have been, beating cannon fodder teams and now you’re getting so smug.

By the way, Liverpool is on the upward trajectory now so that’s a good thing for our future!

Kane is and will always be a flat track bully because simply of the fact that he can’t perform at the biggest stage and when responsibility comes to him at the biggest moment, he bottles it. He also has no ambition at all, staying at a small club who will never win anything in his career lifetime. A good striker but not great and world-class.

Ps: Obviously you cared enough about my opinion of him for you to respond to me :lol:

Of course it does. You didn't get out of the groups in the World Cup, and failed again in the Nations League. England reached two semi finals in a row and look far more convincing in qualifiers to boot. Pure talent wise the England NT right now is far better than Germany, forget pedigree, history or whatever - England are the better side and would be favourites if they played Germany.

Yep. A flat track bully with one of the best CL goal ratios in world football, a player who has scored against every PL side ever. In fact I seem to remember Kane bagging a pretty good goal against Dortmund in the CL last season, and the year before that a couple in both group games, as well as a goal against the German NT last time England played you. Probably should be aware of what he's capable of, but I guess it might take another lesson vs Bayern.

Yep. He's not great even though he's clearly on a path to become the all time PL and England goalscorer cos Foxtrot says so. Forget what Guardiola, Klopp, Zidane etc think about him, it's all about you playing down his exploits because he happens to not play for an elite side. Didn't mind the fact Sancho plays for Dortmund who are a worse team than we are, so it's almost like you have an agenda against Kane. Hmm.

FootyCrew

When was the last time England faced a hard group in a Qualifier?...i have seen them only facing easy groups...except the the one road to Euro 2008, and they didn't qualify to the Euro 2008.

I want to see them facing a group like the one France had to WC 2018 or a group with 3 teams competing for the 1st place.

Classical Mechanic

When was the last time England faced a hard group in a Qualifier?...i have seen them only facing easy groups...except the the one road to Euro 2008, and they didn't qualify to the Euro 2008.

I want to see them facing a group like the one France had to WC 2018 or a group with 3 teams competing for the 1st place.
Their 2010 World Cup Qualify group was at least as hard as the 2008 group, only they beat Croatia 4-1 and 5-1 that time. Their 2014 World Cup qualifying group was about as hard as the 2008 group too with Poland and Ukraine as the next best sides.

redshaw

Very impressed with Kosovo. Really deserved another goal with that fantastic move on the 86th minute.

I doubt some of our players would get into their squad due to lack of ability.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
English fans arguing against Germans, is our African version of us (South Africans) vs Egyptians. No matter what turmoil egypt face in recent times, it would take a lot for us to even be mentioned alongside them. Same for England, they are just not on Germany's level whatsoever...

Ramos

Is it me or does Euro 2020 really seem wide open this time?

I mean compared to the previous one in 2016:

-Holland is clearly back
-England probably in the best shape since their golden generation
-Belgium improved tactically and much better than under Wilmots 3 years ago
-Portugal look great with new attacking players to support Ronaldo
-Italy seems to be doing better too with a new generation coming through
-France and Spain still have huge pools of talent to choose from and are always favorites.

That only leaves Germany. But they're Germany so that doesn't count. You never bet against them.

Anyone of those could win it. And there is still a bunch of strong outsiders (don't want to piss off any Croatian fans).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
@Ramos
In hindsight the world cup was wide open as well, Germany struggle with their rebuild, Spain seem at the end of their cycle as well, talent wise France should be utterly dominating this period, but they are "only" a good team, so I agree: at the moment it seems like France will be favourites, but lots of other teams can win it with the necessary bit of luck.

On a side note: do people actually rate England that highly? On paper the front 3 look quite impressive, but the players behind them not so much.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Said it at HT but loved watching Kosovo last night. Was said they were missing 3-4 key players aswell through injury? Very impressive considering their well known ones play for championship clubs (can see Celina being in premier league next year, reminds me of Taarabt a bit). Berisha is good aswell.

I see they're at home to England last match, England will probably have qualified by then so can see Kosovo winning that. Hopefully they'll qualify automatically as they'd bring more to the tournament than Czech Republic would.

Alabaster Codify7

Very impressed with Kosovo. Really deserved another goal with that fantastic move on the 86th minute.

I doubt some of our players would get into their squad due to lack of ability.

Kosovo were mind-blowing for me because for some reason I'd assumed Kosovo were like a Faroe Islands type team - only based on the fact they're a relatively new country and a tiny country at that. I thought they were some whipping boy side, they actually are not a bad bloody team at all.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Kosovo were mind-blowing for me because for some reason I'd assumed Kosovo were like a Faroe Islands type team - only based on the fact they're a relatively new country and a tiny country at that. I thought they were some whipping boy side, they actually are not a bad bloody team at all.
Nah miles better than that. For nations league they were in a group with Azerbaijan, Malta and actually Faroes Islands. Won 4 out of 6 and comfortably won the group.

Yesterday was their first defeat in qualifying, won 3-2 in Bulgaria and beat Czech republic at weekend.

They are a comfortable 2nd seed team imo, just haven't got their ranking up to be seeded that high in groups due to only being allowed to play in last 4 years.

Alabaster Codify7

Nah miles better than that. For nations league they were in a group with Azerbaijan, Malta and actually Faroes Islands. Won 4 out of 6 and comfortably won the group.

Yesterday was their first defeat in qualifying, won 3-2 in Bulgaria and beat Czech republic at weekend.

They are a comfortable 2nd seed team imo, just haven't got their ranking up to be seeded that high in groups due to only being allowed to play in last 4 years.

Havent been following the qualifiers much but those results have surprised me a lot, regarding Kosovo. Good on 'em!

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Yeah when in the first years Kosovo was having bad results I didn't believe them and always thought (based on some known players they have the usual balkans' spirit) that they would improve a lot and quickly rise above the low tier.
To me they look to have the same potential as Montenegro, a team from a small country that can be medium-high or medium-low depending on the generation.

Also I would like to note that several low-tier teams have improved a lot in the last 10 years. Teams like Andorra, Liechtenstein, Malta, Feroe Islands and Luxembourg are much better and as we have been seeing they can get the odd point here and there unlike in the past.
Gibraltar also seems to be improving with time.
On the other hand San Marino imho is the worst european team, I didn't notice any evolution in this team in the last 10 years, which is weird given that they could absorb and/or use italian footbal to increase their level.

Revan

Assumptionman
Said it at HT but loved watching Kosovo last night. Was said they were missing 3-4 key players aswell through injury? Very impressive considering their well known ones play for championship clubs (can see Celina being in premier league next year, reminds me of Taarabt a bit). Berisha is good aswell.

I see they're at home to England last match, England will probably have qualified by then so can see Kosovo winning that. Hopefully they'll qualify automatically as they'd bring more to the tournament than Czech Republic would.
Yeah, 5 players were missing including Rashica (best Kosovo's player and best player of Werder Bremen) and Zeneli who is Kosovo's top player scorer. I think all it depends if Kosovo will be able to get a draw in Prague. We should be able to defeat Montenegro at home (should have defeated them away considering that we totally dominated the game) and hope that England defeats Czechs. England at home will be entertaining, another match with many goals.

Still think that likely Kosovo will finish third and then look for qualifications via Nations League, where I believe it is favorites to win League D.

Classical Mechanic

I don't see why that should happen. They'll likely be in a position where they need to win and we don't. We can just tighten up and counter which would be the perfect football situation for this England team.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don't see why that should happen. They'll likely be in a position where they need to win and we don't. We can just tighten up and counter which would be the perfect football situation for this England team.
This

+

A win in Kosovo would improve the coefficient ranking for the Euro 2020 pots and the future qualification pots

+

England haven't lost a qualification match (35 wins and 8 draws) since 10/10/2009 in the Ukraine.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
English fans arguing against Germans, is our African version of us (South Africans) vs Egyptians. No matter what turmoil egypt face in recent times, it would take a lot for us to even be mentioned alongside them. Same for England, they are just not on Germany's level whatsoever...

Current level is a completely different thing to historic level.

Historically, Germany are the far more successful NT. Right here, right now? England are clearly the better team.

And honestly I'll take a bright looking future/a decent present over looking back to the past. Would definitely rather be an England NT fan right now than a German NT fan.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Kosovo were incredibly impressive in terms of their confidence and technical ability on the ball (really nice passing moves, and always looking to get it forward) but if I'm being totally honest I put the scoreline more on England's door than Kosovo being brilliant.

I mean, Kosovo scored with their only 3 shots on target. The penalty was a dumb error from Maguire, the first goal was Keane being complacent as well. England started off slowly before they smashed them to bits and got five goals, and then went back to being complacent in the second half. Once it was 5-3 England seemed to wake up a bit and get a grip of the game again, and missed a bunch of chances. Kane also missing a penalty when the keeper was miles off his line was a bit dodgy.

Basically, as much as I think they're a decent team, at the end of the day had England not made a couple of silly errors/been more clinical in the second half, they could have opened up a cricket score. Kosovo were incredibly open to the counter attack and every time England went past the half way line you thought we could score. I imagine away from home if we have the same front 3 it'll be the same story and I'm not sure Kosovo have anything to counter that without abandoning their playstyle.

FootyCrew

Historically, Germany are the far more successful NT. Right here, right now? England are clearly the better team.

And honestly I'll take a bright looking future/a decent present over looking back to the past. Would definitely rather be an England NT fan right now than a German NT fan.
So, you don't think it's possible for Germany to do a better Euro 2020 run than England?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So, you don't think it's possible for Germany to do a better Euro 2020 run than England?
Anything is possible, but likely? No.

England have better players and look a much better team.

Germany's golden generation where they had a core of world class players in their prime is gone. What they have now isn't remotely up to replacing that.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa

I can't argue with that now can I. I'd take a brighter looking future too any day. You guys, the Dutch and Portugal are the most improved National teams as of right now. And I sincerely hope England do well in the Euros, it's about damn time too.