Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies) | England RELEGATED

RopersReturn

Just watching the Scotland v Ukraine game live. The Scott’s are playing well and have dominated possession so far, with a couple of close chances. But omg please will someone spare us the commentary from McCoist, if it’s the balls fault that Armstrong missed a glaring opportunity then it’s down to seasonal weather conditions or something other than player ability.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He has been a busy man. Grand total of 2 saves in an hour!

Seychelles have ‘Seychelles’ where their names should go on their kits.

Those two saves weren’t too shabby.

San Marino’s pitch is terrible, it’s like watching two teams play in slow motion.

The officials’ kits are nice, better than the two teams.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Seychelles have ‘Seychelles’ where their names should go on their kits.

Those two saves weren’t too shabby.

San Marino’s pitch is terrible, it’s like watching two teams play in slow motion.

The officials’ kits are nice, better than the two teams.
How on earth are San Marino failing to beat... this?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Seems like San Marino has adopted the ever popular 316 formation.

Seychelles’ keeper had to ask for time off from his resort to play tonight. He’s the pastry chef.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I am absolutely certain that I’ve played on club teams that could beat either one of these teams.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why have all the international games gone to premier sports? Didn’t sky use to show these matches?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ukraine missing Zinchenko just a bit.

Don't Scotland get a play offf place guaranteed if they win the group? Been brilliant second half.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Sorry to disappoint, but San Marino’s eighteen year wait to win a fecking match hasn’t ended yet.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Bit late but Scotland game is on ITV4.
Ye I’ve just been watching it :lol: I get that there putting Scotland, England and Wales on normal tv… but I’m more interested in the likes of Spain, Holland and all that lot:lol: how many people have premier sports compared to sky/now tv?

diarm

How on earth are San Marino failing to beat... this?

To be fair, that picture is of La Digue, which is only the 3rd largest of the 100+ islands that make up Seychelles. 90% of the 100k people there live on the largest island Mahé.

I lived there for 4 years in my 20's. They are impressively shite at football - I once watched their senior team get absolutely spanked in the national stadium by a Maldivian side made up mainly of U23's.

Their biggest achievement in football was when Eddy Maillet was selected as a ref for the 2010 world cup.

demetre

Scotland deserved to win this by 5 or 6. Awful second half from us. Malynovskyi with the worst midfield performance I've seen in a very long time.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Callum McGregor is a fantastic midfielder. What an absolute waste he has been staying at Celtic.

He could have played at a much higher level.

Bwuk

Callum McGregor is a fantastic midfielder. What an absolute waste he has been staying at Celtic.

Hmm. I'm not too sure. Flattered to deceive in the CL usually.

Could have gotten into a mid table Premier League side but not much higher.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ukraine missing Zinchenko just a bit.

Don't Scotland get a play offf place guaranteed if they win the group? Been brilliant second half.
Agreed on Zinchenko for them and yes we do. Hopefully we get a good result on Saturday and that will help a lot with keeping top spot on lock.

I really like him and I am of a Rangers affinity :lol: he was always good but under Ange he has got even better imo. Would like to see him in the PL and see what he can do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gutted for him, has been very good for Scotland and Rangers in the past too and starting to look very good for you guys. Was hoping he would really push on this season, hope he can be back as soon as but it did look a bad one.
I suppose the only good thing is the winter break. I doubt he is back before then which is gutting as we were starting to have a very settled defence. Apparently last season we played 23 combinations. This season we were far more settled and since going to a back 4 we have had 2 clean sheets and only conceded one with Patts as a big part of that. :(

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I suppose the only good thing is the winter break. I doubt he is back before then which is gutting as we were starting to have a very settled defence. Apparently last season we played 23 combinations. This season we were far more settled and since going to a back 4 we have had 2 clean sheets and only conceded one with Patts as a big part of that. :(
Yeah I saw some of those stats after your game at the weekend, and the commentator on 5Live was raving about Patterson too. Settled defences mean everything and allow you to progress as has been seen with us the last 4/5 games too.

Winter Break is a good point and hopefully he can be back playing from January or so. I like him a lot so hopefully it's not too bad.

What happens now for you guys with him out, who comes in?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yeah I saw some of those stats after your game at the weekend, and the commentator on 5Live was raving about Patterson too. Settled defences mean everything and allow you to progress as has been seen with us the last 4/5 games too.

Winter Break is a good point and hopefully he can be back playing from January or so. I like him a lot so hopefully it's not too bad.

What happens now for you guys with him out, who comes in?
Coleman! Who has been an excellent player for us but just isn't at the level required anymore. One of those who is great for the dressing room but should be restricted to cup outings and a backup rotation rather than a starter.