Television Invincible (Amazon Prime)

Andersons Dietician

It's a common theme on Entertainment Forum threads.

Young men aged 18-35 love violence, action and sarcastic humour. Anything that deviates from that is often seen as a waste of time.

Character relationships that humanise the protagonist through emotionality have been criticised on here for years. Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Dexter, Deadwood etc. have all had the same treatment. I'm not saying that people are wrong to dislike those storylines. Each to their own. But the audience on the Caf is always going to skew towards being relatively nonplussed.

Without Amber, Mark is just an action figure without any boundaries to his motivations. I personally like the Amber arc. I get it when somebody else doesn't, and I think they're wrong. But I get it.
I love a good ship and character development but she is just woefully annoying and as Shane has alluded to before this thing is done to death. Just hurry up and tell her or don’t and drop her ass. There are other ways to show the struggles between human life and balancing superhero duties.

Just waiting for her to go full Iris West.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
This show is doing that thing I hate, where people just won't talk.

Just tell her you're a fecking superhero. It's just making Amber artificially annoying.
Actually, just tell her to feck off. Moaning whining person you don't need in your life. Find someone less up their own arse

Ekeke

I dont agree that it has a better story than The Boys, but it is usually less predictable and quite sudden with its game of thrones everyone is vulnerable action. So its still entertaining and there isnt a 3rd season of The Boys to watch so who cares

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
First episode seemed by the numbers until shit got real at the end. And you can tell which of the big stars are perhaps less used to voicing animation, especially when they're in a scene with Mark Hamill.

Great score, too.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
For anyone crowing about scenes with Amber and the Mark Grayson part of his life, you should be happy. That was non stop action packed from start to finish.

James_42

I recently started watching it because of this thread and loved it, so big thanks to everyone who recommended watching it.

The latest episode was awesome, I didn't want it to end.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Really getting into this now. Does anyone know how many eps are planned? Feels like a '1 more this season' episode to me.

Dante

Average bang
For anyone crowing about scenes with Amber and the Mark Grayson part of his life, you should be happy. That was non stop action packed from start to finish.
I loved the fact she dumped him anyway. In any other show, the girl would have shown zero self awareness and fawned over the superhero just for being a superhero.

But I'm sure people will continue to complain about her being a drawn out 3-dimensional character.

Last edited:

NoLogo

Big fan of the comics and so far I have to say they really nailed it. Never thought it would be as gorey as the comics though.

The only thing that really annoys me is the weekly episodes. But hey I recon they need to stretch content somewhat.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
That episode was epic. Am I the only one loving Omni Man and wanting him to win?

sidsutton

This is very entertaining, so many twists. Anyone who hasn't read the comics care to speculate as to Omni Man's motives?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
This is very entertaining, so many twists. Anyone who hasn't read the comics care to speculate as to Omni Man's motives?
It's been obvious since Omni visited the other planet through the portal.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Amazing episode.

"$400 billion dollars for the world's most expensive nosebleed" Brilliant. They're doing such a good job of making Omni-Man just a pure unstoppable force.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Poor Donald, it was a pleasure watching you too. The only King of the Hill looking character in the show. :(
Maybe Omni Man had a good reason for killing the Guardians. But killing Donald so viciously probably means there's no redemption for him now.

The Corinthian

I think he lied about Viltrum's origins, and their motives. It's clear from the Flaxons episode too that he probably thinks of Earth as his. Maybe he wants to colonise it?

But I still don't know why he killed the Guardians. I think now that Mark has his powers, he probably wants him and Mark to take over planet Earth.

On the back of this show, as it's been so good, I might go out and buy the comic collection. This show has been excellent.

I find Omni-Man so unnerving. More than Homelander.

I'm also really impressed with how an animated show can convey such nuance. Especially the more darker non violent elements.

Rustyspider13

I'm going to agree with people that say Nolan lied about his planet. I think the Viltrumites are conquerors, not saviors. He was probably sent to Earth as an advanced scout like Goku but fell in love and postponed the operation as much as he could. Now he's preparing for the conquest with as less damage as possible in his own twisted way.

What I don't get is why start now? Is Mark getting his powers some sort of signal that Earth is ready to be conquered? Anyway, I think in the last episode, Mark learns Nolan's motives but he and the GotG go against Nolan with Samson playing a big role, at least one notable death (probably Monster girl, can't see a happy ending there) and other Viltrumites arriving on Earth for the end of season cliffhanger.

Oldyella

This last episode was insane. So much fun seeing the various attempts to stop Omni Man. I like that they almost worked on occasion too, he didn't just shrug off all these super weapons. It's the kind of episode that could only be done in cartoon, not sure an effects budget exists for this episode.

He's definitely conqueror rather than saviour but the timing is the thing, why start just when Marks powers kick in?

I'm also worried there has been no news about season 2 yet. Given the development time needed for this format, we are years away from a second season even if it gets green lit

Dante

Average bang
Episode 8 was pretty great too.
I think we always knew that there was a game changer brewing for that final episode.

The Viltrumite twist felt like the end of season 1 of The Good Place: an already good show taking a sharp left turn to become something totally different. Hopefully the quality keeps up. Can't wait till season 2.

Rustyspider13

Great finale. J.K. Simmons' and Steven Yeun's performances were top notch. The fight was fantastic in terms of brutality, progression and animation. Nothing too surprising in terms of plot, the only thing that got me was How cynical, racist and devoid of empathy Nolan truly is

Already being renewed for 2 seasons is a good sign, gives the creators time to plan out how they want to progress. Looking forward to it.

The Corinthian

Wow, that opening 20 minutes was relentless.

I said it earlier but I've never seen a superhero get the shit kicked out of him as much as Mark.

Also, great to see they're working on Immortal - I think he's a cool character, so looking forward to seeing him in season 2.