Television Invincible (Amazon Prime)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No let up, no mercy. Can't believe I had to watch some scenes of a fecking cartoon through my fingers.

Spark

fecking intense cartoon. The sheer level of brutality is insane without feeling gratuitous, which is impressive.

Pissed off it’s finished, that was some top notch television.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Must be an expensive show to make. Animation costs a bomb and that's just for standard 22 minute episodes. You never see 40-45 minute animated shows and add in all the big name actors in this.

Delighted that it's been guaranteed 3 seasons.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
That was just awesome! Seeing how much punishment Invincible can take makes me wonder just how strong Battle Beast really is. Since he featured in the ending montage I hope that means we're going to see more of him. Maybe his race are tough enough to fight adult Viltrumites?

Andersons Dietician

My jaw dropped at one point. I knew a brutal death was coming but it was magnificent. Some of the animation how it switches between styles is awesome.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
My jaw dropped at one point. I knew a brutal death was coming but it was magnificent. Some of the animation how it switches between styles is awesome.
I loved the scene halfway thru where it cut to single frames and looked just like I imagine the comic's panels do.

Jagga7

The finale was fecking insane. The train scene was absolutely brutal, great to watch though.

Sandyman

What a brilliant show! Started watching it without much expectations and the first episode seemed pretty standard stuff until that final scene where they just go bonkers. Never looked back since.

The fight sequences are so well done. The first 20-25 minutes of the finale is epic - that subway scene :eek:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That was all what Batman vs Superman was supposed to be. Brilliant. The subway scene was probably the highlight of an overall outstanding finale.

Moby

Dick
Enjoyed those last couple of episodes. As everyone else has mentioned that fight was a great watch especially that subway sequence.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
That subway scene was so brutal. I think the violence was justified and not just gratuitous for the sake of it (unlike The Boys). Best show of 2021 so far, for me.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I loved your mother... Like a pet :lol:

I never heard of this show until this thread, then I binged it in two days. Superb!

AaronRedDevil

Binge watched it all today with my friend.....Jesus fecking Christ. Just wow. :eek:. That train scene will stay with me for a while. One of the best superhero shows I've ever seen. The violence, characters, story, villains and the fecking lot. 10 out of Goddamn 10. Next season is going to be insane.

AaronRedDevil

I loved your mother... Like a pet :lol:

I never heard of this show until this thread, then I binged it in two days. Superb!
That felt like what Ego said to Starload about his mother. Just "fecking what!?" And proceeds to beat the crap out of him. Only that didn't happen. That dad is brutal. Feck me.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Agree was very good, they are doing a second season right?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Binged this over the last few days and liked it. I’d gotten pretty bored of superhero shite, so this was the first thing in a fair few years that I’d watched of this type, and while in places I thought this was kind of shallow it had enough twists on the usual formula to make it pretty fun. The main character was fairly standard and someone that’s been seen often before, Yeun does a good job though and I guess he’s likeable. The voice acting in general is pretty good and Omni-man is a great character.

Solid 7.5/10

Without Amber, Mark is just an action figure without any boundaries to his motivations. I personally like the Amber arc. I get it when somebody else doesn't, and I think they're wrong. But I get it.
I can kind of get what you’re saying, and the character of Amber herself is cool, but didn’t you find it pretty generic? The whole standing her up and trying to hide the superhero identity shtick is so ubiquitous in these kinds of stories. One of my biggest gripes when it comes to the superhero genre is that it often just repackages the same stuff over and over, and while I understand this was written a couple decades ago, it’s a shame that they fell back on such a tired trope that the female leads often get stuck with.

Zazie Beets did a good job and I hope they give her more to do next season than staring at her watch and shaking her head.

AaronRedDevil

Binged this over the last few days and liked it. I’d gotten pretty bored of superhero shite, so this was the first thing in a fair few years that I’d watched of this type, and while in places I thought this was kind of shallow it had enough twists on the usual formula to make it pretty fun. The main character was fairly standard and someone that’s been seen often before, Yeun does a good job though and I guess he’s likeable. The voice acting in general is pretty good and Omni-man is a great character.

Solid 7.5/10

I can kind of get what you’re saying, and the character of Amber herself is cool, but didn’t you find it pretty generic? The whole standing her up and trying to hide the superhero identity shtick is so ubiquitous in these kinds of stories. One of my biggest gripes when it comes to the superhero genre is that it often just repackages the same stuff over and over, and while I understand this was written a couple decades ago, it’s a shame that they fell back on such a tired trope that the female leads often get stuck with.

Zazie Beets did a good job and I hope they give her more to do next season than staring at her watch and shaking her head.
Amber is definitely an massive Ahole to be fair.

AaronRedDevil

I saw pages from the comics by accident. There's no way they are putting some of that stuff on the show. That's some game of thrones shit. But worse.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
https://hypebeast.com/2021/7/amazon-invincible-robert-kirkman-live-action-film-adaptation

A live-action film adaptation of Invincible is on its way.

Speaking at this year’s Comic-Con@Home event, the original comic book and animated series’ creator and writer Robert Kirkman confirmed that a live-action adaptation is indeed in development, although the project is currently at a very early stage and so he couldn’t reveal too many details about it.

“This is another one of those things that’s a little early going but I will say that there are massive efforts going in to make sure that the film experience is unique [and separate from the animated series]…while also being true to Invincible,” the creative teased. “I couldn’t be more excited about the stuff that we’re doing but I can’t tell you yet.”

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
A 90s early 00s Tom Selleck would have been perfect for Omni-Man.

Also J.K. Simmons could pull it off - he obviously already has the voice, and he had a lovely beard in this movie I watched recently (The Tomorrow War).

Sylar

I hope you do!

It's been fecking great so far. But I think the fact it's animated is a bit of a double edged sword. On the one hand, the medium allows for certain kinds of storytelling that would never be possible with live action. But on the other, there's a large proportion of people who'll dismiss it out of hand because they'll assume it's a kids' show.

The first three episodes have been on par with The Boys, imo. If anybody's skipping it because it's an animation, they're missing out.
Btw thanks for recommending this to me. I was waiting until I was back in UK to binge watch this which I've done

It's a great show and can't wait for the next season or two
The twist at the end if ep1 was great. I'm sure everybody has mentioned it but the way they get the shit kicked out of each other is brutal

For example the episode where battle beast kicks the shit out of them and leaves them dying, I was thinking it would play to robot wanting duplications
But nope, he beat the shit out of them and got bored :lol:

Also love the destruction and how not everybody is saved at the last minute. The train scene was just brutal

Sylar

Watched it as I finally have some vacation time in my hands. It was great, loved it so much I'm gonna read the comics now.
I felt the same way after watching it / binging it. Its great.

Theres so much they can do given the animated medium.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I felt the same way after watching it / binging it. Its great.

Theres so much they can do given the animated medium.
So much more, we've barely scratched the surface apparently :lol: The end of first and last episodes were so so good

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

There's no way some things in the comics will be on the show. I watched the show just last week again and still holds up. Omniman is a bastard. But my god J.K.Simmons killed it with his speech towards the end. Can't believe invincible is Glenn from TWD. He did a great job. Onc again, F**k Amber.

Sylar

There's no way some things in the comics will be on the show. I watched the show just last week again and still holds up. Omniman is a bastard. But my god J.K.Simmons killed it with his speech towards the end. Can't believe invincible is Glenn from TWD. He did a great job. Onc again, F**k Amber.
Yeah, Glenn is the one voice I would not have got without knowing it I think. The rest you can tell, for me anyway

So much more, we've barely scratched the surface apparently :lol: The end of first and last episodes were so so good
I remember reading they wanna do a live action version
I think animated fits this perfectly

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They're splitting season 2. 4 episodes in November and and 4 sometime in 2024. Arseholes.

Also, they quietly released a prequel episode on Atom Eve.