IPL 2018

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He may not make it in the tests but given the state of pitches used in limited overs cricket now days there is no reason why he should not be part of the Indian team. Someone like Dhawan would have never made it in the international cricket if he was a 10-15 years older.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
It's a ridiculous position to take on an 20yr old batsmen. He's two levels above Pathan at his peak.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Looks like Delhi will be finishing last again, lol. They have good batting lineup though with young players and with this core, they can certainly come back better next year.

AshRK

Looks like Delhi will be finishing last again, lol. They have good batting lineup though with young players and with this core, they can certainly come back better next year.
As a DD fan, it hurts that we have wasted another year. I feel senior pros did not stand up and take the responsibility. Maxwell being the worst performer of this season. I still don't think iyer can be a good leader. Need to find someone else if gauti does not play next year also

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
DD can course correct. They need to find another captain though. Not sure about Iyer.

- They have to back Munro to come good. Give him one full season at least.
- Need to get a good spinner in if not two. Mishra is their best spinner ....
- Should have never bought Maxwell. He can only be beneficial to a team as a luxury so the team already has to be loaded batting wise. You can't have a foreign player in IPL in that role.

zing

Zingle balls
DD can course correct. They need to find another captain though. Not sure about Iyer.

- They have to back Munro to come good. Give him one full season at least.
- Need to get a good spinner in if not two. Mishra is their best spinner ....
- Should have never bought Maxwell. He can only be beneficial to a team as a luxury so the team already has to be loaded batting wise. You can't have a foreign player in IPL in that role.
Iyer looks like he's going to have a emotional breakdown every time he has to give an interview after a loss.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Buttler's been in immense form since he got promoted to open the batting.

That 3rd and 4th spot is going to be too tight to call, unless the KXI get a win against the RCB tonight, then they should be well placed for a 3rd finish.

Other spot between the RR, KKR and the MI. Crucial win for the RR against the MI last night.

KM

Delhi overseas players have been pathetic. Even Boult has gone at an economic rate of 9.

Their Indian batting base has been brilliant though, definetely something to build in the future.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Delhi overseas players have been pathetic. Even Boult has gone at an economic rate of 9.

Their Indian batting base has been brilliant though, definetely something to build in the future.
Yeah, if they had good decent overseas players or some good contribution they would have been in much better place.

My second favourite team to watch after RCB and most of the times I watch them just for Pant and Shaw.

Their other teenager Abhishek Sharma (?) also looked great, very clean hitter. If only they had decent bowling attack..

Kapardin

KXIP were always the weak link in that Top 4. Very ordinary team who had a purple patch to get them to 12 points, I felt they were most likely to drop out.

Still think KKR and one of MI or RR will nab 3rd and 4th along with SRH and CSK.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
KXIP were always the weak link in that Top 4. Very ordinary team who had a purple patch to get them to 12 points, I felt they were most likely to drop out.

Still think KKR and one of MI or RR will nab 3rd and 4th along with SRH and CSK.
They are far from ordinary. Rahul, Gayle and Finch is a really good top order. Mujeeb has been a great find and Tye has always been a good limited overs bowler. Ashwin should be better but hes been crap in LO for a while now. I think Miller is still there (?) - if he is, he would solidfy that lower order.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
They are far from ordinary. Rahul, Gayle and Finch is a really good top order. Mujeeb has been a great find and Tye has always been a good limited overs bowler. Ashwin should be better but hes been crap in LO for a while now. I think Miller is still there (?) - if he is, he would solidfy that lower order.
He is, and I'm not sure why he's not been getting a lot of minutes.

I understand it's probably a toss up between himself and Finch (Gayle, Tye and Mujeeb taking the other 3 slots), but Finch has also been huffing and puffing coming in so low down in the order.

Moby

Dick
Do they deliberately put Manjrakar in MI games? Absolute broken record with nothing to add apart from silly MI wanking. OMG look at that left hand right hand combination!

Kapardin

MI and CSK really have a tough mentality. Able to dig deep and win, you can never rule them out. That's why they have been frequent winners.

zing

Zingle balls
Punjab are out pretty much. Didn't realize this match was an eliminator for them.

KM

This has been the best IPL for me. Some class batting and bowling.

KL Rahul has been incredible.

AshRK

Punjab's team management should be sacked immediately. Shocking decisions today. Expected a bit of smartness from a guy like ashwin but his captaincy in last 3 games has been shocking. Experiments for the sake of it.

Mumbai have got a big lift now.

Di Maria's angel

Yuvraj should have retired 7 years ago. Bar the 150 against England, I cant remember any other innings of significance from him.

prath92

He is, and I'm not sure why he's not been getting a lot of minutes.

I understand it's probably a toss up between himself and Finch (Gayle, Tye and Mujeeb taking the other 3 slots), but Finch has also been huffing and puffing coming in so low down in the order.
Miller is like a maxwell who doesn’t bowl. Can’t remember many games he has played well over the years

AshRK

Yuvraj should have retired 7 years ago. Bar the 150 against England, I cant remember any other innings of significance from him.
I have huge respect for yuvraj but you are absolutely right. You know the worst part is his hardcore fans who are worse than martialFC.

Kapardin

Called it early on.

Despite Tye and KL Rahul, I certainly did not feel KXIP were a top team overall. I think MI will get the job done and knock out RR. Both MI and CSK do not bottle, really tough mentality instilled in both teams.

Di Maria's angel

Mumbai are winning this, arent they? Typical formula - start slow and end on fire. (They need to win tomorrow, of course)

zing

Zingle balls
Top order Yusuf Pathan :lol:
Let's put your money where your mouth is. Come up with an objective measure of success proportionate to your hype and I i'll call 10k on it to charity. And vice versa if he fails.

Similar to crappy earlier in the thread but I have no disrespect for crappy. I understood his viewpoint.

Moby

Dick
Let's put your money where your mouth is. Come up with an objective measure of success proportionate to your hype and I i'll call 10k on it to charity. And vice versa if he fails.

Similar to crappy earlier in the thread but I have no disrespect for crappy. I understood his viewpoint.
Keep me out of your nonsense cheers.

Kazi

:lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Don't think I have seen a player like Pant play for India before, he really looks like he is mis hitting a lot of balls but somehow still manages to be successful. What he has done this tournament is beyond ridiculous. For a 20 year old kid to lead the batting charts after the group stage while smashing it around at a SR of 173 with 37 sixes is just bonkers. He has also come of age in terms of his temperament this tournament. He needs to work on his fitness now but I wish we would have picked him for the England tour just to see if he could be use for the WC next year

KM

So SRH, CSK, RR and KKR then.

RR looks the weakest undoubtedly. Their batting is a bit shit with Buttler not in and the bowling is very spin dependant with Unadkat bowling 120k leg spins. KKR for me remains the best choice. Lynn is coming into his own, whereas teams still don't know that they should start with a pace bowler to Narine. KKR's middle order is fantastic.

Btw, how good has Kane Williamson been? The best overseas batsmen in this season.