IPL 2020

JohnnyKills

I was thinking the best balance for Rajasthan is to drop Smith, make Buttler captain, give Samson the gloves, have Stokes in @ 4 and pick another quick. They really lack homegrown talent in the batting department too, very noticeable when compared to Delhi, they should let Jaisawal play for the rest of tournament whatever happens.
Yeah agree with all that.

Should probably rephrase my earlier post. They don't need Smith and Stokes - they play similar roles as a T20 batsman. I'd say both their reputations (and price tags) are inflated by their brilliance in other forms of the game, too.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Am I the only one who thinks the IPL - barring the first few days - has been a bit dire? There have been far too many one sided matches.

There's Delhi, Mumbai, and then daylight between them and the rest.
We have had a lot of close games - 2 already went to super over. Last batch especially carrying over from 4 games from the weekend have been meh so it seems a like a lot of non exciting games in a row. But I think it will pick up again once u have 3-4 teams fighting for a couple of play off spots.

NinjaFletch

Am I the only one who thinks the IPL - barring the first few days - has been a bit dire? There have been far too many one sided matches.

There's Delhi, Mumbai, and then daylight between them and the rest.
I've got to admit, I always feel like this about the IPL. It's better than no cricket, and enough of you guys watch it that it's fun to have a chat about it, but that's about it.

I do always think that's a product of not really having an attachment to any of the teams though for me. I much prefer the Blast (and even watched the England women over a match the the other day) even though the quality is obviously lower.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Morgan, Narine and Russell have really disappointed in tournament so far for KKR

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Morgan, Narine and Russell have really disappointed in tournament so far for KKR
Pat Cummins has more runs and a higher SR than Russell right now (S. Curran and Archer have the best SR's of anyone in the tournament right now :lol: ).

marktan

Morgan smacked like 60 off 25 balls last match and nearly led them to victory.

KKR have messed up by having a weird batting lineup in the previous matches, Tripathi (the opener) came in at 8 last match and Morgan at 6.

AshRK

Dhoni the wicketkeeper has still got it. Absolute beast behind the wickets.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Morgan smacked like 60 off 25 balls last match and nearly led them to victory.

KKR have messed up by having a weird batting lineup in the previous matches, Tripathi (the opener) came in at 8 last match and Morgan at 6.
how would you line them up?

AshRK

how would you line them up?
My line up while batting first would be
Tripathi
Gill
Rana
Morgan
Karthik
Russel
Narine
Cummins

While chasin a big score
Tripathi
Gill
Rana
Narine
Russel
Morgan
Karthik

Russel morgan can interchange their position but if you are chasing a modest score then I will use the same order that I have while batting first.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I've got to admit, I always feel like this about the IPL. It's better than no cricket, and enough of you guys watch it that it's fun to have a chat about it, but that's about it.

I do always think that's a product of not really having an attachment to any of the teams though for me. I much prefer the Blast (and even watched the England women over a match the the other day) even though the quality is obviously lower.
It’s because the IPL is more about luck than skill or form. The batting is just too aggressive and violent which requires too much risk. And because it’s a game every day, if you watch every game, it quickly becomes a repetitive soulless blur of whack attack.

AshRK

Come on KKR get the win. CSK win would take them to 3rd and don't want that.

AshRK

Dhoni played a very similar innings but Jadhav is the only one getting stick on social media..
Dhoni has been a huge liability this season and has been poor but Jadhav is just useless. Even at present I would prefer to have dhoni in the line up than Jadhav (that doesnt say much, ). Jadhav for me comes in the category of Murali Vijay which is absolute useless.

zing

Zingle balls
There’s an interview with ashwin in YouTube where he says that Ponting told him to mankad when it matters in the back half of the tournament. That doing it in the beginning isn’t worth it.

If you ever had any doubt on Ponting being willing to do anything to win..

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
There’s an interview with ashwin in YouTube where he says that Ponting told him to mankad when it matters in the back half of the tournament. That doing it in the beginning isn’t worth it.

:drool:

AshRK

Wouldn't be surprised if Ponting would be the happiest if ashwin's mankading wins delhi the match.

AshRK

Feel bad for Punjab. They look so down. Some other season they would have won 2 more games and would have had 6 points right now. They look done for this season.

As for SRH, losing Bhuvi is a huge blow for them. They are just being carried by their deadly opening combo. Heard one of the commentators say Bairstow and Warner has contributed around 60% of their runs since last season.

zing

Zingle balls
Feel bad for Punjab. They look so down. Some other season they would have won 2 more games and would have had 6 points right now. They look done for this season.

As for SRH, losing Bhuvi is a huge blow for them. They are just being carried by their deadly opening combo. Heard one of the commentators say Bairstow and Warner has contributed around 60% of their runs since last season.
Baitstow is class. He’s an under rated limited overs batsmen these days. Top 5 batsmen for me over last couple years.

AshRK

This is some innings by Bairstow. Punjab would be thinking can we forfeit :p

Skills

Snitch
Bairstow playing for his century

Edit: now deservedly losing his wicket for playing so timidly chasing a century