IPL 2020

Skills

Snitch
Delhi’s nerves have destroyed them. Pathetic
Their immensely stupid decision making more like.

Drop Shaw for Rahane's alleged solidarity at the top, and then promote Stoinis to smack it in the powerplays. What the feck are they thinking?

They've simultaneously weaker their top order and lower middle order at the same time for no reason at all

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)

Drop Shaw for Rahane's alleged solidarity at the top, and then promote Stoinis to smack it in the powerplays. What the feck are they thinking?

They've simultaneously weaker their top order and lower middle order at the same time for no reason at all
Also Dhawan who’s a much more accomplished and natural opener should be facing a high quality bower like Boult first up.

AshRK

Never rated rahane in Limited over cricket. All is not lost yet for delhi but these two have to hang in there and take it to at least 160 plus if they are to have any chance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Also Dhawan who’s a much more accomplished and natural opener should be facing a high quality bower like Boult first up.
good observations. Who is making these decisions?

I thought the point of Ponting was to get these types of decisions right every time.

Last edited:

AshRK

good observations. Who is making these decisions?

I thought the point of Ponting was to get these types of decisions right every time.
Delhi's downfall started when pant got injured and they had to also drop hetmyer for carey due to that. They never recovered after that and continued to change and chop. This is not the same delhi side which were playing in the first half of the tournament. I was surprised that they beat SRH the way they did.

Dudu

Stoinis and Dhawan almost had a 100 run partnership in the playoff game, so they were always going to try the same here.

The Rahane pick.. no idea the logic there.

NinjaFletch

Stoinis and Dhawan almost had a 100 run partnership in the playoff game, so they were always going to try the same here.

Yeah he came off opening last match and throughout the tournament has looked better up the order. Hardly that baffling a pick.

Skills

Snitch
The problem for Delhi is Bumrahs still got 3 overs to bowl in the last 10

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Delhi's downfall started when pant got injured and they had to also drop hetmyer for carey due to that. They never recovered after that and continued to change and chop. This is not the same delhi side which were playing in the first half of the tournament. I was surprised that they beat SRH the way they did.
Can Pant handle the pressure and responsibility right now?!
Massive defining opportunity

Skills

Snitch

I'm questioning the thought process behind the decision making. They dropped Shaw for Rahane because the latter is allegedly more solid, but then send Stoinis up anyway? That's ignoring the fact that Rahane is a terrible T20 batsman and is especially useless if the top 2 actually get off to a good start

Dudu

Bringing in Jayant for Chahar felt like the wrong move..

But 4 overs. 25 runs, and the crucial wicket of Dhawan. Can't ask for more.

AshRK

Not enough score. Poor end to the innings. Need early wickets if not it will be a cake walk for MI.

AshRK

Worst possible start for delhi. Needed early wickets especially that of de kock. Now playing catch up.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Said from the start that MI would walk this IPL easily. They did it without Rohit in form or in the team for so many games is absurd though.

Dudu

What the feck just happened.. :houllier:

Selfless from SKY to sacrifice himself.

Last edited:

Cloud7

Don't get me wrong, MI are a very, very good team, and their players show up more often than not. However, teams seem to make errors against them that they don't make against other teams. It almost feels like they show up half expecting to get beaten and it affects the mental side of their game.

Interval

Level
Said from the start that MI would walk this IPL easily. They did it without Rohit in form or in the team for so many games is absurd though.
Yeah. It was almost a perfect season. Every single player turning up and being in form really helps. De Kock, Surya, Kishan, Hardik and Pollarsd are in form as are Bumrah, Boult, Krunal and Chahar. Had no passengers

Theyve dominated this like Australia in WC 2003. In all important matches they've never looked like they could lose it.

Edit: highlight probably was the way they got 200 in the qualifier after losing so many wickets

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Mumbai deserved champions because they are a truly balanced team and a level above everyone else. scary part for all the other sides is this Mumbai team can get better.

a shame the final was a real anti climax because it was so one sided, but it was also a reflection on just dominant Mumbai were over the entire tournament.

They could always rely on 5 or 6 guys to show up every game and Pollard, Kishan and Bumrah really shone.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Thanks for the company and commentary during the past month! Enjoyed reading and learning from you all!

when is the next cricket?!:(

Dudu

Absolute domination MI :drool:

Feck the Mega Auction. Can't imagine dismantling this team.

Dudu

Thanks for the company and commentary during the past month! Enjoyed reading and learning from you all!

when is the next cricket?!:(
Eng v SA, India v Aus, and NZ v WI.. all starting later this month :)

AshRK

Absolute domination MI :drool:

Feck the Mega Auction. Can't imagine dismantling this team.
Is it happening next year? I thought they were planning to add 2 more teams and do a mega auction but now with covid they might postpone that for a year.

Dudu

Is it happening next year? I thought they were planning to add 2 more teams and do a mega auction but now with covid they might postpone that for a year.
Well, no official confirmation yet.. but yes, the rumours are that they will postpone the mega auction.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Great IPL for DC overall. The team though is built to be solid and MI unfortunately is the one team that's more solid man to man compared to DC . For MI I feel Delhi was the perfect matchup as DC has good consistent players but lacks mavericks.

JohnnyKills

Great IPL for DC overall. The team though is built to be solid and MI unfortunately is the one team that's more solid man to man compared to DC . For MI I feel Delhi was the perfect matchup as DC has good consistent players but lacks mavericks.
Yeah good tournament for DC for sure. The core of that side should keep getting better.